Mark Chapman

View Mark Chapman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    I expect deerfield to continue selling until they get under 10% ownership.
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lipocine Is An Attractive Specialty Pharma Story [View article]
    I think you are way too optimistic about the market potential for 1021...

If 1021 can get $400-500 million in peak sales, then what will Antares QS-T achieve? $1 billion? It has far better efficacy and can be self administered in a once weekly painless sc injection.
    Jun 30, 2015. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Catalyst Packed Quarter Looming [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I agree that starting new trials may not cause immediate stock price movement like clinical trial results, but it will help investors determine that the product development remains on track and that FDA has agreed with trial design. So it serves as a catalyst so that models can be updated.
    Jun 26, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    No, but I never expected one. It will likely take a proxy battle to get their attention, and they know it would take a large hedge fund (deerfield, wink, wink) to make that happen.
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Was Rocket 1 Really A Failure? [View article]
    Thanks Eli. I don't see the huge impact of just changing the primary endpoint, as i thought the drug was efficacious and would still get approval. But apparently the fact that the FDA agreed finally convinced Wall Street.
    Jun 16, 2015. 08:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amgen, Regeneron LDL-Lowering Drugs Provide Major Upside Potential To Their Stocks [View article]
    DoctoRx,

I am surprised that you continue to gloss over the very real and horrible cognitive effects of statins and other agents that artificially lower cholesterol. I'm just curious... Have you read the book "Grain Brain" by Dr. Perlmutter? I'd be interested to hear your take on the tremendous amount of evidence against the use of statins.
    Jun 15, 2015. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wide Moat And Attractive Valuation Makes Hexcel A Buy [View article]
    Unless there have been new developments I am unaware of, Boeing has partnered with Toray for the composite wings. So Boeing isn't necessarily stepping into Hexcel's space (or Toray or the other carbon fiber manufacturers for that matter), although it has been disappointing that Hexcel hasn't gained better traction with Boeing. But there are still plenty of opportunities available, so I don't see an impact to Hexcel yet.
    Jun 8, 2015. 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Pfizer bought King, and King previously purchased Meridian Medical. Meridian Medical makes the injector for the EpiPen. I believe that Pfizer actually holds the NDA for EpiPen now, although Mylan has the marketing and distribution rights.

I don't see how the Teva/Mylan drama impacts Antares at all. Even if a deal eventually gets done, it would likely take at least a year to get anti-trust approval, and divesture of generic Epi and Copaxone would likely be needed to help finance the deal.
    Jun 7, 2015. 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Right on SPA, couldn't have said it better.
    Jun 7, 2015. 11:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Not Antares, but the investment houses handling the offering. It's just my speculation, although if you look at some of the options trading prior to offering, there were definitely some interesting trades.
    Jun 7, 2015. 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wide Moat And Attractive Valuation Makes Hexcel A Buy [View article]
    Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Wabtec, but in the railcar braking/component markets, they face relatively little competition. At least that was my impression when I did a little DD on them last year. So I just thought that Wab would be a decent valuation check for Hexcel.

I would expect Hexcel to increase its dividend every year going forward now, although the total yield may not be enough for most "dividend investors". But that would also mean capital appreciation... just depends on your investment strategy.

Good luck!
    Jun 6, 2015. 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Actually, I am OK with them not throwing out estimates they are uncertain about. I just wish they provided other facts about their market research to help guide investors, so investors can determine what market share and pricing a product may obtain.

The most difficult aspect about the 505(b)2 space is related to payor coverage, which makes peak sales potential so difficult to predict.
    Jun 6, 2015. 12:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Cash bonuses after a secondary, especially at such as low share price, is a slap in the face to investors... there is no way to spin it. And they don't even define the bonus thresh holds. I just pray I wake up some morning soon and find that Deerfield files a 13D.
    Jun 6, 2015. 12:45 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    They claim pen shipments started already, but I thought that was also the case in March. As usual, I guess we will find out on next CC.
    Jun 6, 2015. 12:40 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Letter To Antares Pharma's Board Of Directors [View article]
    Your comment about EpiPen is exactly why the secondary was not necessary- Cash should not be a problem if approved within the next 6 months (with a line of credit for liquidity reasons)... But if the Gx Epi is not approved, then the company will still likely need to tap the equity markets again before QS-T is finalized. And what price will that be, 50 million shares at $1? That's why I've viewed Gx Epi as a binary event, but the company has sent the message they will dilute as long as they find buyers at any price.

Regarding Deerfield- they are actually the only reason I am sticking with Antares. Imagine how the stock would jump if they filed a 13D...
    Jun 6, 2015. 12:35 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment