Mark Chapman

View Mark Chapman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Was Wrong About Esperion, But Is It A Buy Now? [View article]
    I covered many of these in my original article, although I do believe that the differentiated MOA is attractive. My guess as to why pfizer originally dumped ETC-1002 was because they were/are pursuing an oral PCSK9.
    May 22, 2015. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key Takeaways From Antares Pharma's Q4 2014 Results [View article]
    I am working on an update, but the deeper i got, the more i became upset at the gross mismanagement... Everything from their patent team, to being behind the competition, to having no faith in their SEC filings. So i decided to take a short break from the stock, and re-evaluate. I plan to post a complete update, likely after yet another CRL for sumatriptan.
    May 21, 2015. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tailwinds Forming For Nuance [View article]
    Thanks, appreciate the kind words. The biggest risk is if voice recognition will become a commodity (which would pressures pricing and margins) as Google and Microsoft continue to invade the space. I don't think it will happen right now, but it is certainly a risk.
    May 15, 2015. 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Key Takeaways From Antares Pharma's Q4 2014 Results [View article]
    I agree. If Hobbs doesn't have anything new to say at Deutsche Bank conference, i am out. Don't worry, i won't go out quietly though...
    May 5, 2015. 09:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Was Rocket 1 Really A Failure? [View article]
    Here is the difficulty with these trials: it all depends on the mix of individual patients enrolled. Although there is a certain baseline IOP for each group, the only exclusions were related to use of other treatments and/or abnormalities. If there just happened to be a lower number of people with damage to the TM, then I believe there would be less drifters, and the study would have met its primary endpoint. So Rocket 2 may meet its primary endpoint, even if Aerie is not successful in changing out the primary and secondary endpoints.

Depending on the additional data/information provided on the CC Thursday (how much detail is provided), I plan to look deeper into the commercialization prospects of Rhopressa. I still do not think Roclatan is impacted by Rocket 1 at all, since Roclatan was going to be for people with higher baseline IOP anyways.
    May 4, 2015. 09:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Was Rocket 1 Really A Failure? [View article]
    I agree with this analysis. If Aerie management is able to lift a few of the uncertainties and provide some clarification during the CC Thursday, I don't think that $16-$18 is out of the realm of possibility by the end of the week.
    May 4, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Was Rocket 1 Really A Failure? [View article]
    I am curious as to why you wouldn't go long? I'm not saying AERI would fit your risk profile, but do you have an angle I am missing? The stock is priced for complete failure of Rhopressa and Roclatan, and I think that Rocket 1 should have only provided a hit of ~25%.
    May 4, 2015. 09:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After Failure Of Phase 3 Trial, Aerie Pharmaceuticals Struggles To Find Value [View article]
    I was actually hoping for good discussion, but if your thesis is that since DNDN failed to achieve commercial success, then Roclatan/Aerie won't as well, i don't have anything to add. I don't see how they are related at all? Oh well, back to work.
    Apr 28, 2015. 10:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think you need to do a little more research. The company actually had an ATM and raised over $30 million since year end. And the convertible debt isn't due until 2021. If roclatan is sucessful, the debt isn't an issue.
    Apr 28, 2015. 09:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree that cash is the biggest concern... However, i don't understand the premise that the company is "done" without rhopressa. Roclatan has always been the prize, and that may still be the case. What long term valuation are you assuming for Roclatan if you don't think it can support a higher equity value?
    Apr 28, 2015. 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Pharmas' Dirty Little Secret About Cholesterol Lowering Drugs [View article]
    Yeah its hard to write a single article covering every aspect. Apob is important, but it appears to be well controlled by exercise. If you read the whole article, you'll note i am referring to people who get appropriate amount of exercise.
    Apr 24, 2015. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aerie Pharma: Finding Value In The Ophthalmic Space [View article]
    I am working on an update, but the loss of efficacy after 30 days is definitely an issue.
    Apr 23, 2015. 11:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key Takeaways From Antares Pharma's Q4 2014 Results [View article]
    Anti-trust laws would likely require everything to proceed, since FTC clearance would take forever on a mylan-teva merger. But if Antares has Right of First Refusal on Gx Epi, it could be very good for Antares.
    Apr 21, 2015. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well stated, and exactly the reason why dietary fat/cholesterol does not translate to an increase in serum cholesterol (and remember I am talking about those people who consume appropriate amounts of fat/cholesterol, not overconsumption). But what about carbs and the impact on your insulin levels? That's why I believe fixing our diets is the number one way to combat high cholesterol.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's a great analogy and I appreciate the feedback. I too was skeptical at first, but the more research I did and studies I looked at (especially not sponsored by Big Pharma), the more amazed I became at how wrong we (meaning our society) have been. And I believe that changing the dietary guidelines is a first step to slowly changing the overall opinion about cholesterol.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment