Mark Chapman

View Mark Chapman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rand Worldwide: Growth By Autodesk [View article]
    Hmmm. I typically use at least one Autodesk product daily, and get many calls from resellers. I haven't heard of Rand. What about the competition in the reseller space that they target?
    Dec 16, 2014. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy XXI: High Cost, High Leverage, Weak Energy Prices, Good Short? [View article]
    My opinion should be taken with grain of salt, since I was tempted far too early...

Part of the reason i like(d) EXXI, was the potential for upside from nat gas ultradeep, with hopes for poitive news from highlander, and maybe validation of UD. That doesn't appear to be looking good right now. I might be interested in deploying additional capital if there are signs of consolidation with large EP buyingassets/companies at reaonable prices.
    Dec 11, 2014. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halozyme Therapeutics - Buy The Drug Delivery Platform And Get A Cancer Drug For Free [View article]
    Great article and timing. I just started some deeper DD on HALO and ESPR, so I can focus on ESPR now. Any idea what device(s) are being used for SQ injections?
    Dec 9, 2014. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Generic EpiPen Could Give These 2 Stocks A Jolt Of Adrenaline [View article]
    Thanks for commenting Loko. I was going to add some discussion on the Mylan patent application, but as Smith On Stocks points out, it would likely need to go through 505(b)2. In addition, I think we are at least several years out until electronics like this are able to be approved in medical/injection devices. The FDA recently issued guidance related to this, and I think there will be ALOT of hurdles to clear before the FDA approves - especially on potentially life saving emergency devices.

Also, I read your article about the Vibex Needle Free... very good write up and ideas. I had several thoughts related to it, and may eventually get around to including them in a future article.
    Dec 8, 2014. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Generic EpiPen Could Give These 2 Stocks A Jolt Of Adrenaline [View article]
    Smith On Stocks,

Thanks for stopping by and providing your opinion. It's always good to hear other's ideas.
    Dec 8, 2014. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Generic EpiPen Could Give These 2 Stocks A Jolt Of Adrenaline [View article]
    I agree, although it will be interesting to see what the change in short interest is tomorrow after the close.
    Dec 8, 2014. 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Generic EpiPen Could Give These 2 Stocks A Jolt Of Adrenaline [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words. I agree about the market cap of Antares, and couple ramble on for while about it being much too low... Although the company has certainly made it easy to short this past year. Speaking of the shorts, the recent price action appears to indicate continued short covering, which I believe will continue to lift the stock.
    Dec 8, 2014. 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YPF: Why 2015 Will Be Bullish Despite The Drop In Crude Oil Prices [View article]
    This appears to be a great way to play oil prices. Lower oil prices should help tame inflation in Argentina (a little), which will benefit Argentine stocks. And if oil prices recover, YPF may rise with the rest of oil stocks. Any idea on exactly how much oil production is expected to increase in vaca muerta over next year? Thanks for article.
    Dec 6, 2014. 12:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Thompson Creek: Still Cash Flow Positive Despite Weak Metal Prices [View article]
    Thanks for analysis. Any idea how TC is currently priced in comparison to peers, based on cash flow? I am starting to put together watch list to buy as any tax loss selling comes to an end.
    Dec 5, 2014. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the perspective T&M. This will certainly test EXXI management, and I wonder if the market would respond positively if EXXI just cancelled the dividend now. That being said, 3 months is a very long time in trying to predict commodity prices, much less 3 YEARS. Also, I just saw a report saying an oil trader expected WTI to hit $35 bbl. Aren't tops & bottoms typically formed when you see crazy predictions like that - remember $200 oil predictions at the top before the financial crisis?
    Nov 28, 2014. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Nuance Q4 And FY 2014 Earnings [View article]
    They bought back $250 million in convertible notes, so that was almost like a buyback. I agree about insider buying, although insiders do get a lot of shares as part of comp package. I am on the fence about Ricci... Once again, I will be interested to see what is in the proxy and look at executive compensation.
    Nov 25, 2014. 08:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Nuance Q4 And FY 2014 Earnings [View article]
    It could be dead money, but the valuation is still dirt cheap by almost any metric. I will reevaluate after the proxy materials, but don't see a reason to sell right now.
    Nov 25, 2014. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Oil Service Company Is The Cheapest? [View article]
    I'm not a fan of the merger for HAL, as I think it will end up taking much longer than expected to gain the cost saving synergies. I think the other 3 companies (CLB, SLB & FI) are much better bets right now.
    Nov 23, 2014. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital And Required Returns [View article]
    I want to hear your opinions, as they help me make a more informed decision.
    Nov 21, 2014. 10:02 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital And BDC Expenses [View article]
    Why don't you sign up here at Seeking Alpha and write a bull article if you really feel so strongly about psec? I was a long time holder until this summer, but the psec management "spin machine" became too much for me. BDC Buzz is only reporting the facts, to help others make their own decisions, which I really appreciate. Keep up the good work Buzz!
    Nov 18, 2014. 09:08 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment