Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Glu pares losses; sell-side not worried about shelf filing [View news story]
    Broker,

Bingo. The issue is that I have 1,000s of investors utilizing the Methodology to learn how to become good investors. Introducing quick-flip trading to the mix is a distant step-two, so I can understand if some folks believe that I need to be careful about commenting on such activity.

It'll be nice if we reach a point when most investors understand the basics of proper investing (Methodology) and can therefore add advanced techniques without detriment.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Sep 22 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu pares losses; sell-side not worried about shelf filing [View news story]
    Fair enough. Just try to keep in mind that I am a human being like everyone else here. The Methodology wouldn't be necessary if I weren't. Indeed, the Methodology says, "no matter what Mark Gomes does, the rules of the Methodology always take precedence."

In other words, "Mark messes up. When he does, do your best to ignore him. He's just being human."

My apologies to anyone who was confused or offended by my trading-related commentary.
    Sep 22 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu pares losses; sell-side not worried about shelf filing [View news story]
    As I was saying (you can see all of my Seeking Alpha comments here: http://bit.ly/H7Cr2S)

Loved the quick trade though. Added significantly to my Core position (see our Methodology at PoisedToTriple.com for details) and hedged it with a short position on the Russell via IWM. A couple hours later, viola... IWM down 1% and GLUU up 1% from where it was. A few grand in the pocket and I can start my weekend early.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Sep 19 01:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu -6.6% AH after filing 10M-share shelf registration [View news story]
    user77777,

See my Members Forum at PTT Research for the answer to that. I'm answering questions for members there.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Sep 19 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Strike, not only is 3% a blip, the move is based on no real news. The dilution from this deal got priced in the day after they announced the acquisition. The filing is merely a required after-the-fact formality.

It's like reacting to the same news twice, but Main Street investors don't know. It's great for smaller Wall Street guys like me, who can scoop shares up in after hours. Larger Wall Street guys pretty much have to wait until the market opens due to low after-hours liquidity (generally not worth it to them; plus, they can HOPE for a cheaper price at the open -- i.e. if uninformed Main Street investors panic out).
    Sep 19 08:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu -6.6% AH after filing 10M-share shelf registration [View news story]
    No problem. I'm always happy to answer such questions. Part of being an honest and "public figure" is being transparent. As you can see via a simple Google search, my life is an open book. Heck, a follower found me in Miami Beach today. Good stuff.
    Sep 19 12:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu -6.6% AH after filing 10M-share shelf registration [View news story]
    In my 20+ years, I have NEVER have a relationship with my picks (informal or formal). That will never change. It would be an inexcusable conflict of interest.

I was invited to speak at an investor dinner and I presented GLUU as an example of how retail and Wall Street investors can tend to not understand what a company is all about. In GLUU's case, it's not really a video game company... it's really a content monetization and M&A specialist. That is MUCH more powerful ;)
    Sep 18 10:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SAP acquiring Concur for $8.3B [View news story]
    $CNQR great end for a great story, as discussed in my $MATR initiation piece.

Great SaaS companies fetch great valuations: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Sep 18 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu -6.6% AH after filing 10M-share shelf registration [View news story]
    The registered shares belong to Cie folks (who got the GLUU shares at $7). This isn't even newsworthy. It's just standard operating procedure.

I feel bad for the people who were tricked into selling in AH.

FYI, I presented GLUU to a room full of NYC institutional investors last night. As we saw today, they weren't shorting the stock today. LOL. My complete coverage is here: http://bit.ly/1qfppVo

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Sep 18 09:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Dump,

Working on that. We're a big organization (and getting a lot bigger VERY quickly). We'll probably create a short video or "menu" to explain. In the meantime, keep making that $$$.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark G.
    Sep 18 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    It's not selling. It's a registration statement related to the shares issued in the Cie acquisition (and I doubt those folks will be selling, since they got the GLUU shares at $7). I feel bad for the people who sold in AH.

FYI, even if they were filing for a secondary, not all secondaries are bearish (as I've written many times before), though it does impact short-term supply and demand (but who cares about supply/demand if you are truly INVESTED in the company?).

But again, this was not a secondary. Just a reg statement. It's not even news. LOL.
    Sep 18 06:53 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Technicals Look Strong - This May Be An Opportune Time To Invest [View article]
    Milou,

Thanks for your first-hand insight. As someone who's seen a lot of what happens in this industry, it's important for readers to pay heed to unbiased industry players like you.

Indeed, I preach a "trust nobody until they earn it...REALLY earn it" mantra. And I do not exempt myself from that. Transparency in success and failure is a necessary part of being publicly known (assuming you care about your audience, instead of playing the "new suckers born every minute" theory, which many do).

Thanks Again & Cheers,

Mark G.
    Sep 18 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Big, the "difficult system" is actually closer to a plug-and-play box. They spent years and millions making it this way so they could afford to give away free trials. It's a brilliant strategy and already paying off -- of the first 5 companies that tried it, all five signed contracts. many of those have already come back to spend more. This is why MATR is now looking to double the sales force by the end of next year.

Dump, I like your due diligence thought process, but this isn't something where Alexa will give us a sense of success. This is a direct sale, so I wouldn't expect much traffic to the website. Partners and sales people will do the heavy lifting. I know third-party experts who speak to potential customers and interest/demand is picking up. From what I've been hearing, I can pretty much guarantee that more deals got / get done this quarter.

With that, I should mention that further updates will only be provided to subscribers of PTT Research (check out our site!).

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Sep 18 12:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Globalstar Hits A 5-Year High Amid Google's Broadband Push [View article]
    Updates are provided to exclusively to PTT Research subscribers. To see our options (along with valuable free content), check out PTTResearch.com. Cheers.
    Sep 18 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Very true! But nobody sets out to buy a bad idea. I have a long track record for being right on 2 of 3 picks where losers drop 20-30% and winners triple. The math works, but I never know which 1 of the 3 will fail -- otherwise I'd always be right ;)

The hedges worked out much better than the damage DLIA did. As for Bazooka, I cleared out of the tiny amount of DLIA I had left. It was a while after I dropped coverage, but still long ago (and again, a tiny position). Just remember what the Methodology says about what I do personally (if you don't already know, you can find out at poisedtotriple.com/met...

Cheers,