Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    For those who haven't checked out the YTD numbers:

Winners
    QADA (10% position): +10% YTD
    GLUU (10% position): +20% YTD
    JAKK (7% position): +44% YTD
    MATR (7% position): +2% YTD

Losers
    AERO (1% position): -61% YTD
    DORM (2% position): -8% YTD
    POST (2% position): waved the white flag after a 29% loss

A key to my success has been to put the most money in the most promising stocks. My smallest positions don't always perform so poorly, but they are almost always the most risky, so it's no surprise when a few of them blow up in our faces.

Luckily, all of those smaller picks don't even add up to one of my large-position picks, so the impact on anyone's portfolio is minimal (as long as you stick with my position size guidelines).

Thanks for the support everyone, but Greggo's experience was his experience, so his complaints are valid for what he experienced.
    Aug 14, 2015. 07:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    Greggo,

Allow me to apologize for the horrible experience you had with PTT. If you're among those who signed up around July of last year, I have no doubt you got your clock cleaned on my picks. There was a lot of seasonal weakness (which only got worse when Matt Margolis' pick went under).

It also sounds like you bought GLUU around $7 (versus our $3.14 initiation price). Our Methodology advises against that, but I view it as MY FAULT if investors don't have a clear understanding of when to buy (and not buy) my picks. I've taken steps to alleviate that, but not soon enough for you. So again, I'm sorry for your poor experience with my service.

However, to be fair, my largest positions HAVE killed the market's returns. Yes, AERO and POST have been TERRIBLE picks, but those are/were tiny (1% and 2%) positions. Our big (7-10%) positions are up big from my initiation prices. The performance figures I supply can't be faked. We are up 20%+ this year (and were up as much as 31%, on June 30). Questioning figures that are easily confirmed, simply isn't fair (even if all of your other grievances are).

As for the marketing for the Pipeline service, this is what our marketing people are paid to do. However, I've actually mandated changes where we've been sharing some of the Pipeline picks with Research subscribers (and will be doing more going forward).

None of that changes your experience (nor your mind, I'm sure). But I did want to tell you that I'm sorry for what you experienced. I don't do this for the money. I do it to help people... and I very clearly didn't help you.

Sincerely,

Mark Gomes
    Aug 14, 2015. 07:01 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Performance Update... And A New Pick? [View instapost]
    It looks pretty promising. It was an incredible earnings call this morning. Anyone interested in the stock should listen to it. Good luck!
    Aug 14, 2015. 06:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    Aug 14, 2015. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    GREAT earnings call. I highly recommend listening to the replay.
    Aug 14, 2015. 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Performance Update... And A New Pick? [View instapost]
    Our newest Pick To Triple is now available on PoisedToTriple.com !
    Aug 14, 2015. 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    PTT subscribers have received my analysis of the earnings release. Subscribers to my free newsletter at poisedtotriple will be next in line. I'll share something with Seeking Alpha this weekend.

Of course, I plan to be on the conference call and participate in Q&A. Cheers!
    Aug 14, 2015. 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    GNU,

First, congratulations.

Second, ATTU automatically graduated from my portfolio on 9/19/13 with a 200% gain. Since that time, it has risen an additional 52.5%. However, my average selection has risen 55.6% over the same timeframe. Those with the largest allocations have actually doubled (they are QADA and GLUU, the latter of which replaced ATTU in my portfolio at $3.14).

That being said, 55.6% versus 52.5% is not statistically significant. More importantly, both returns are admirable. So, once again, my congratulations.

Indeed, many approaches are effective in this world. I am happy for anyone who finds and utilizes one. Of equal importance, I see no value in evoking a condescending tone towards fellow investors... but your life is yours to live as you choose.

I choose to wish you continued success,

Mark G.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:16 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avian Influenza Pair Trade, Part 1: Long Cal-Maine Foods, Short Post Holdings [View article]
    Real quick...

1. AI can't survive in hot weather.
    2. By itself, AI is not a long-term thesis... but the permanent change in competitive dynamics is.
    3. More to come (this is just Part 1).

For much more info on this, along with info on my upcoming picks to triple (two coming soon!), just sign up for my free newsletter at poisedtotriple.com -- thanks!
    Jun 27, 2015. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    Here's my basic analysis. My detailed analysis will be provided exclusively for members at PTTResearch.com.

FYI, my free newsletter can be found at PoisedToTriple.com.
    Jun 23, 2015. 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Update [View instapost]
    It's funny looking back at old posts. My top 3 longs all got acquired, as did half of my top 14 positions.

With all the new stocks we'll be talking about this month, I'm looking forward to looking back and talking about a new set of buyouts. Stay tuned at PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch !
    Jun 23, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Update [View instapost]

Jun 23, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bird Flu Infects Post Holdings - Shares Are Poised To Plummet [View article]
    This has obviously not gone our way. Thankfully, the Methodology only calls for a 2% allocation to short positions, but that's not a consolation. Accordingly, we've done a 19-page deep dive going out to PTT subscribers VERY soon. It clarifies whether we are still negative or not.

Once paying subscribers (and subscribers to our free newsletter at PoisedToTriple) are informed, we'll look to update Seeking Alpha readers. Stay Tuned...
    Jun 19, 2015. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    Ha! I'd prefer that...
    Jun 17, 2015. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    A $30 buyback...LOL. They completed it with a single market order ;)
    Jun 17, 2015. 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment