Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Bab, I don't pick stocks for today. 99% of investors don't understand what "invest" means and nobody can force them to learn, so you have to accept whatever the stock does in the short term. You should watch Peter Lynch Lesson 2 by clicking on "Methodology" at PoisedToTriple (among other things). I hope GLUU goes to $2. Maybe it will. Are you prepared for that (and hopeful that it happens)?

Omega, great info. Love your calm research-oriented demeanor. You're clearly not among the 99% to whom I was referring above. Kudos.
    Dec 3, 2014. 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Babbeone,

That's not my department. I have a business relationship with the guys who operate PTTResearch.com and PoisedToTriple.com. I give them my picks and analysis... they decide what to do with it.

I recommend contacting customer support.

Cheers,

Mark
    Dec 1, 2014. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    I would invite that, but with one wrinkle. Our software, marketing, and monetization platform has been re-architected to enable talented / professional analysts to create their own "PTT Research" without direct affiliation or ties back to PTT. They do what they do best (i.e. pick stocks) and we provide the website, e-commerce, digital marketing, admin, customer support, invoicing, collections, etc.

That way, each analyst gets full credit for their success (or failure) without implicating anyone else. ;)

Food for thought.

Folks with SPECIFIC investment expertise (like you and I) aren't easy to find. Most investors think they can be an expert at all things. As a result, most (90%+) fail to reach an expert level in any regard. This is why I defer to you on your turf. Our ways are very different and require different skills.

Yet, we both get great results. This conceptually makes both approaches a great part of a complete investment strategy. Indeed, there are several different approaches that work. Just a matter of finding the people who dedicate themselves to greatness in a specific niche.

Cheers
    Dec 1, 2014. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    I respect your approach, but mine has averaged close to 40% a year for 18 years and while my approach is more volatile, it hasn't failed to produce a gain over any 24-month period during that time. That's hardly risky relative to the results.

Just as you are an expert at your approach, I am an expert at mine. Many ways to skin a cat. Many ways to become rich.

BTW, I still think you should be contributing to SeekingAlpha or some other outlet. You seem to have a lot to offer to most people than you are currently reaching ;)
    Nov 30, 2014. 06:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    p.s. My key selections in 2013 were HIMX, GSAT, PXLW, and ATTU, in no particular order. If you look at those picks today, they are still up roughly 125%, 60%, 325%, and 200%.

If you have read "Methodology" on the poisedtotriple website, you know that my timeframe is generally in the 2 to 3 year range. I didn't ask for those stocks to triple almost overnight. The fact that those four stocks are up an average of 175% tells you all you need to know about the long-term value of those companies. After succumbing to negative investor sentiment, they have bounced around and likely found their fair value without any Seeking Alpha publicity.

This is because Empase hit the nail on the head when he inferred that the value of the company is rarely reflected in a stock price with 100% accuracy. If that was the norm, every stock would be fairly valued and exceptional gains would be impossible to make.

Thus, if you have the 10+ years of education, expertise and experience required to accurately calculate the likely value of a stock, you can kill it year after year (personally, I have not suffered a negative return over a 24-month period since the mid 90s).

However, investors become euphoric or despondent about analysts just as they do for individual stocks. If you are on a hot streak, you must be a stock god. If you are on a cold streak you must be a jinx or pariah. Because of this, my stocks quickly tripled when I was seen as godlike, and are taking longer now that I am seen as merely mortal (or less...LOL).

Deity or pariah, it doesn't matter to me. I haven't changed my research process one iota. The only thing that has changed is that I spend less time on SeekingAlpha and more time with PTT subscribers, including a growing contingent of Wall Street portfolio managers who discovered my work and know (based on their own education / expertise) that my methodology is efficacious.

As the negative sentiment toward my picks subsides (which seems to have occurred, if you look at the charts on my current picks #rebounding) they will naturally drift towards their true fair value (up or down), with or without my assistance.
    Nov 29, 2014. 01:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    "Stock price has no correlation to the true value of the company..."

"...won't get shaken out by the sharks."

Smartest quotes I've seen by anyone in a long time. BTW, I have heard a few professionals say that shorts have raided my stocks, which is why I have recently shifted my attention to teaching investors to take Enpase's attitude.

This video from Peter Lynch is my personal anthem for successful investing: http://bit.ly/1BVcH4u My favorite story / lesson is from 23:57 to 25:48 of the video. After watching it, you'll know why I believe Empase is probably a very successful investor.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. Other great parts include 11:19-12:49, which explains why having specific expertise can be an investors one advantage over professionals like Peter Lynch.

Also, at 18:10-20:12, he reinforces that stock declines are good, patience is better, and an edge (i.e. expertise) can throw you over the top.
    Nov 29, 2014. 01:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    You are 100% correct!

However, having averaged close to 40% for nearly 20 years, I can tell you that investing isn't about what you see, but what is yet to come. So, here's a serious question (and great investing exercise): if you were hired as the CEO of AERO, what would you do with the company / product?

You should assume that the actual CEO is better-qualified than any of us (I know him and he's at least 10x better than I could be). You should therefore assume that your answer(s) have already been discussed internally (and may already be in the works). ;)

This exercise, and taking that leap of faith, has made me rich more often than not. In fact, it's one of the key reasons why my stocks tend to triple or lose 20-30% before I sell. My Methodology explains much of this (and much more) at PoisedToTriple.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the kind words. We'll see what the future brings. I like helping folks and PTT has certainly enabled me to do so in an environment that doesn't require me to build thick skin ;) If I can offer something to the masses in a more controlled environment, it will be considered.

Until then, kindest regards (and good luck with the "d", D!)

Mark G.
    Nov 24, 2014. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I understand. However, when someone who commands a four-figure hourly consulting rate from Wall Street clients, anything they do should either generate that level of revenue or be a worthy charitable endeavor.

Sharing picks here for 5 years seemed like a worthwhile pay-it-forward. Debating my professional opinion with individuals who may or may not have had respect for that professional pedigree did not. Thus, that time has been reallocated to coaching children and teaching eager investors on the PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch websites.

When life takes you where you're wanted and properly respected, it's a blessing without question or equal.

Best Wishes,

Mark G.
    Nov 23, 2014. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    As previously discussed, I donated time here for over 5 years (early 2009 - mid 2014) to pay it forward and demonstrate the skills that made me a well-known advisor to Wall Street firms.

Over the timeframe, this environment has become too toxic to be productive for mentor-willing professionals (like me) or aspiring investors (like you). We launched PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch to serve as non-toxic havens / classrooms. My services, updates, and time are now provided to thousands of more-appreciative and eager-to-learn investors there.

Hope to see you there,

Mark G.
    Nov 22, 2014. 01:16 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    MATR minting a fresh 6-month high today. Very nice move on yet another patent award. PoisedToTriple recently released a free video talking about the latest events. http://bit.ly/1BVd0we
    Nov 21, 2014. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Yup, but many people had a poor way of showing gratitude.

Also, people have a funny way of thinking they are experts near the top of a bull market. My professional peers thought I was crazy for trying to help people who can't understand the difference between a surgeon and a bum with a Band-Aid.

Perhaps being accessible and charitable clouded people's view of my experience and expertise as an investor (and expected me to give them great trades... though a trader, I am not).

Bottom Line: Most people don't understand what stock analysis is really about. Those who do, are signed up for my service. I enjoying helping them and their fees go toward educations, community-building, and better / deeper research. Most everyone there wins. Those who don't, non-renew with my blessing and best wishes for good fortune.

Perhaps I will become more active on SA after the next bear market... after egos have been reset and people realize that having an E*TRADE account and access to Yahoo Finance doesn't make you an expert. Like any other high-paying profession, only 10+ years of schooling and experience can do that.

I now see why the more generous-hearted members of the 1% tend to give up on helping the other 99. Having been both (starting out VERY poor), I find that very sad... but feel blessed to have found a way to help those that who have the potential to transform.
    Nov 19, 2014. 06:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Nothing has changed. My investment timeframe has always been 2-3 years, so it doesn't surprise me that my recent picks haven't lit the world on fire yet.

2013 was extraordinary, with my picks generally rising very quickly, but that can happen in any given year, particularly one when the market is doing well and investors are more amenable to new ideas.

With my "fame" off of its highs and the Russell essentially flat on the year, I expect my stocks to perform more in-line with historical norms (about 40%+ annually).
    Nov 19, 2014. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I respect your decision, but see my comment above. None of your three points (all of which have SOME level of validity) have a material impact on my long-term thesis.

the word SOME is emphasized. Investors generally miss the greatest gains by miscalculating how much weight to put into a data point. I know (have known) about your three data points and weighted them at a total of about 2% of my total thesis.

I don't / won't disclose my weightings regularly, because of the time and level of service required, but I do share this information in discussions with my Elite customers (and occasionally in my videocasts to our entire paying-customer base).

Regardless, I congratulate you on your profit. All profits are good ones.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 18, 2014. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Nope. I just buy stocks that offer the most attractive potential reward versus the risk profile. I don't worry about float, ownership, sentiment, or anything other than my view of the fundamental value of the company.

This is derived via a DCF analysis (as it should always be), the assumptions of which are derived via a deep qualitative analysis of the company's SWOT, with the assistance of the paid domain experts we enlist.

After that, we wait. Of course, ups and downs and good news and bad news will happen along the way, but unless our long-term thesis turns negative, we wait... as long as needed for the market to catch up with our line of thinking.

Almost every pick experiences bad news and corrections along the way. Almost every time that happens, detractors come out of the woodwork. 70% of the time, they get proven wrong. Most of those times, they miss out on a triple. 30% of the time they're right. Almost every one of those times, I realize it early enough to wave the white flag for a 20-30% loss.

200% for a win. -30% for a loss.

"Simple" as that.