Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • AeroGrow to Present at the 27th Annual Roth Conference [View article]
    Great opportunity to hear AERO's latest update first-hand.
    Feb 25, 2015. 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Surprising Ways Personality Is Impacting Your Bottom Line [View article]
    MATR's new CMO is already getting it done, while the company's new routing solution continues to tear it up :)
    Feb 25, 2015. 07:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific beats by $0.04, beats on revenue [View news story]
    JAKK crushes it, joining GLUU, AERO, and MATR in the earnings hit parade. The predicted DORM miss gets us to 5 for 5 with only QADA to go (which should also be strong on the back of its recent secondary). Great quarter of results and performance :)
    Feb 25, 2015. 06:39 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Many thanks for the feedback and interest everyone. Cheers.
    Feb 23, 2015. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    I rarely have insight into trading patterns. Most investors aren't truly experienced. So, as Warren Buffett alluded, anything can happen in the short-term.
    Feb 18, 2015. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    Another quarter of exceptional growth. Definitely the best to date!

Feb 18, 2015. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    Broker,

Brilliantly stated. Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 14, 2015. 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    I never know. My job is to calculate the value of stocks, not to predict when they will reach those levels. That is dependent on the psychology of the masses, of which I am no expert. I just buy low, wait, and sell high ;)
    Feb 13, 2015. 05:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    BINGO.
    Feb 13, 2015. 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    I agree with what you are saying in the way you are saying it. However, most investors don't trust management's strategic direction and initiatives. In those cases, where there is no visible data to support whether the decision is sound or not, you have two choices: believe yourself or believe the person that was hired to run the company (and presumably has all the credentials to do so).

Frankly, I don't have half the skills required to run a large organization, so I will always trust a CEO over my gut feeling (or fears). That's something that many investors can't overcome (partly because of the pain of rare and extreme examples, where things go horribly wrong).

Personally, I feel bad for those who can't adopt a winning investing attitude, but I'm simultaneously thankful for it. Without that, everyone would be a good investor and I'd never get such great opportunities to "buy low" ;)

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 13, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Only subscribers get that info ;)
    Feb 12, 2015. 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Too early to say or worry about. Some things need to be addressed and some things do not. At this stage, I think those things fit into the latter category. We should be thinking of MATR like a private company and thinking of ourselves as its VCs.

It's a different mindset than what is appropriate for well-established public companies.
    Feb 12, 2015. 08:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    1) I trust management's decisions. Also, I don't believe in "concern". That's an emotion, which has no place in investing (I hope that didn't come across harshly).

2) I'm not surprised. GLUU and MATR went down down down until they actually announced their results ;)

Cheers
    Feb 12, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Recall what I said in the article re: "This is exactly what happened to ATTU on its way from $3 to $10. That 200% move happened in just 17 months, during which time it "missed" its earnings number no less than three times. When it did, it was common to see ATTU's shares sell off at the open (which is affectionately known as amateur hour) before recovering throughout the day, as savvy institutions made the proper analysis of the situation."

Well, don't look now, but that's EXACTLY what MATR is doing today.

Now up nicely on the session :)
    Feb 12, 2015. 10:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Bazooka,

I don't understand. Burn rate is cash flow and cash outflow is needed to hire people. For the sake of this discussion, cash burn and SG&A are tied at the hip, so I can only reiterate what I said.

Cheers,