Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:

• Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

I've provided a detailed response to your question to paying members of PTTResearch. However, that's not meant to be an advertisement for my services (my marketing people do enough of that!). In fact, the answer is freely available by calling the company. I also think that a portion of the answer can be found in their transcripts.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 30, 2015. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

I appreciate that you are doing your own due diligence. I respect that greatly. You're actually not far off.

The difference is that you are including a 60% cash position. There are two ways of calculating the return on my picks. One is to include the cash and the other is to only judge me only on my picks. Both are acceptable.

However, most customers don't rely on one analyst's picks for their ENTIRE portfolio. The majority only use my picks for the portion of their portfolio that my picks can fill (via the Methodology weightings). They invest their cash in other personal picks, analysts' picks, ETFs, etc. This is why nearly-100% of newsletter writers are judged solely on the performance of their picks, without a dilutive cash element.

The reason is simple. If you can find two other analysts whose picks perform at least as well as mine, you can always hold a full portfolio of great-performing picks. If you can't, it means that I'm the only person that can deliver those kinds of returns. Of course, it's the former -- you can find many analysts who can deliver returns like mine, so cash is not a necessity (unless I'm the only guy you can rely on).

That being said, I DO discuss my cash-included returns with customers... and I'm VERY proud that my picks have enabled a mid-teens profit for some (no-cash) and a mid-single digit profit for others (lots of cash) this year, while the markets are DOWN for the year.

Do those numbers rival my performance in 2012 or 2013, ABSOLUTELY NOT. But how many funds are up 5%+ YTD and holding 60% in cash?

Thanks for checking these numbers for yourself. If you back out the cash, I think you should come close to 18%. If you think the cash should stay there, that's fine too. I'm proud of the result either way. There are one or two people who have been commenting as though my picks don't perform at all :)

Mark G.
    Aug 30, 2015. 12:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

Without being a client, you cannot have access to our official transactions. Indeed, that access is the "premium" part of our "freemium" strategy. Providing free research here is meant to show off our research capabilities and convince prospects to sign up.

The strategy, while not popular with some, works very well. Customers (like Shallum) can attest to the fact that our model transactions are available to customers (and utilize no shenanigans).

Think about it... if we were tricking customers, we wouldn't have any. Those who read the Methodology and pay close attention to our customer-only research do quite well.

As for our non-paying readers, EVERYTHING I do is spelled out in my disclosures and Methodology (it HAS TO BE, per the SEC). Some are happy to only get our free research -- which does nothing to help pay our 6-figure annual bills, but that's a part of the deal when you offer a freemium product. Those who are happy (or mistrust) what we do should allocate their valuable time to other sources of research.

In a perfect world, I would give all of my research away for free forever, but I think 4+ years was generous enough, no? It's just business, my friend.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 29, 2015. 10:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

I understand your point, but it should be noted that Seeking Alpha is a traffic-generation outlet for many (if not most) who post here. This is generally the first leg of a "freemium" model, whereby investors get a LOT of free analysis, but have to pay if they want the rest of the cake.

Make no mistake, my contacts, analysts, employees and sources require six-figures a year to support. That's a LOT of money going into the work we do here... and to be completely responsible about it, I go out of my way to beg readers to read my Bio, Methodology and Portfolio Tracker.

Again, I TOTALLY understand what you are saying and 100% agree with how you see it in the context of those who don't subscribe or read my lengthy Methodology.

But there's only so much I can do. The alternative is to go back to only selling my research to the "Fat Cats" who incidentally pay much more $$, but give me a lot less satisfaction than what I get from helping REAL PEOPLE.

So, you can bet that I'll keep working hard to find a way to make it work... but it's not easy. The fat cats have more $$ and tend to expect less. : /

Many thanks for your valuable feedback and kindest regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 28, 2015. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

With all due respect, investment-firm CEO's aren't directly accountable for their analysts' picks. Plus, PTT isn't like Morgan Stanley. We have analyst-partner relationships. See

Seeking Alpha is the biggest example of this, so is their CEO accountable for my terribly-performing selections, like AERO, DLIA, and others? Indeed, my only supervisory power was (and is) over the operations and my junior analysts. Like, Seeking Alpha, what our analyst-partners write is on them.

More importantly, those who ASKED ME know that the position size should have been 1%. POSITION SIZE IS CRITICAL. My Methodology (required reading) says this ad nauseam. So, even if take full responsibility for being wrong on GTAT (fine, I will), it was just a Speculative pick -- a tiny position against many...

But feel free to only mention my Speculative losers. Anyone who pick stocks in the public for 6+ years builds an enviable list of them. But I'm a big boy. I accept my wins AND losses (even if I don't talk about the losers that often -- go figure). My Portfolio Trackers have been publicly-witnessed for years (so, no shenanigans). I welcome anyone to judge me based on my full body of work at

I hear you. Based on everything you have said, I understand and have NO DOUBT that you had a horrible experience with my organization. For that, I'm VERY sorry. I failed you miserably.

As many will attest, I am very open to constructive discussions of salient frustrations. Indeed, time-consuming chat-board campaigns serves no purpose except to draw more attention to my articles and website (albeit only slightly). Remember, even bad PR is bad PR. I'd rather help (or simply apologize) than get free marketing from you.

But I digress instead of focusing on the important thing -- your dissatisfaction with my product.

So again, I'm VERY sorry that my product did a poor job of spelling out entry points and position-sizes for you. The Methodology is meant to serve as an easy-to-use (though admittedly long) publicly-viewable "instruction manual" for my picks, but it clearly failed in its purpose to you...

...and that means that I failed in my purpose to you.

For that, I cannot express enough regret to you. I am open to further discussions (or ridicule). Whichever serves your purposes.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 28, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]

I mean this with great respect -- your comments show that you haven't truly seen my work, Methodology, or history of picks. Specific to your comments:

1. Is there a list of the PTT picks which have tripled vs those that still have not, and their suggested allocations? YES, HERE:

2. GLUU hasn't tripled yet (not even briefly), though it did reach a Risk/Reward high, which benefited subscribers who follow that aspect of my Methodology (which has freely available to the public for over 2 years here:

3. GTAT was never my pick. GSAT was. Yes, AERO is doing terribly, but QADA has nearly tripled and JAKK has significantly outperformed the market. In fact, it is higher than it was 3 weeks ago (how many stocks can make that claim?). I've updated my paying members on all of these and MATR. ;)

4. PLEASE don't trust me on any of this. It's always best to trust yourself. Thus, I invite you to click the links I provided and see for yourself!

My Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. I LOVE Finland. Plus, one of my childhood best-friends was Finnish. I'm not trying to curry favor with you, but your comment about the Finnish saying awakened some great memories!
    Aug 26, 2015. 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    All picks are different. If I knew which ones would win, lose, take off, or act poorly, I would always know which ones to toss in the garbage. ;-)

The great thing about my business? It's dependent on my hit rate... making people money. If I don't (and sometimes I don't), people don't sign up.

It's the perfect arbiter.
    Aug 18, 2015. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Intermap Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    We'll have more free information and updates to share this week at -- visit now to get free automatic updates!
    Aug 17, 2015. 08:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Technologies' (ITMSF) CEO Todd Oseth on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    My research at provides a lot of details on this. Over the next several weeks, I may share some of that info with subscribers of my free blog at Cheers!
    Aug 16, 2015. 02:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    It's all good. I'm glad you profited from my bad call. Now, let's profit from a few good ones ;-) Cheers!
    Aug 16, 2015. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]

I greatly appreciate your tenor. Thank you. I also offer my apologies for the experience you had during that time frame.

Best wishes for success,

Mark G.
    Aug 15, 2015. 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    To me, splits (and where a company trades) are always B.S. -- they have no bearing on the true underlying value of a company.

Of course, in real life, both have an impact, but I wouldn't worry or get excited about either. In my experience, if the company executes, everything else will follow (reverse split, uplisting, and higher valuation).

OK, time to have a weekend...

Aug 14, 2015. 09:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GREAT conference call !
    Aug 14, 2015. 08:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    For those who haven't checked out the YTD numbers:

QADA (10% position): +10% YTD
    GLUU (10% position): +20% YTD
    JAKK (7% position): +44% YTD
    MATR (7% position): +2% YTD

AERO (1% position): -61% YTD
    DORM (2% position): -8% YTD
    POST (2% position): waved the white flag after a 29% loss

A key to my success has been to put the most money in the most promising stocks. My smallest positions don't always perform so poorly, but they are almost always the most risky, so it's no surprise when a few of them blow up in our faces.

Luckily, all of those smaller picks don't even add up to one of my large-position picks, so the impact on anyone's portfolio is minimal (as long as you stick with my position size guidelines).

Thanks for the support everyone, but Greggo's experience was his experience, so his complaints are valid for what he experienced.
    Aug 14, 2015. 07:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]

Allow me to apologize for the horrible experience you had with PTT. If you're among those who signed up around July of last year, I have no doubt you got your clock cleaned on my picks. There was a lot of seasonal weakness (which only got worse when Matt Margolis' pick went under).

It also sounds like you bought GLUU around $7 (versus our $3.14 initiation price). Our Methodology advises against that, but I view it as MY FAULT if investors don't have a clear understanding of when to buy (and not buy) my picks. I've taken steps to alleviate that, but not soon enough for you. So again, I'm sorry for your poor experience with my service.

However, to be fair, my largest positions HAVE killed the market's returns. Yes, AERO and POST have been TERRIBLE picks, but those are/were tiny (1% and 2%) positions. Our big (7-10%) positions are up big from my initiation prices. The performance figures I supply can't be faked. We are up 20%+ this year (and were up as much as 31%, on June 30). Questioning figures that are easily confirmed, simply isn't fair (even if all of your other grievances are).

As for the marketing for the Pipeline service, this is what our marketing people are paid to do. However, I've actually mandated changes where we've been sharing some of the Pipeline picks with Research subscribers (and will be doing more going forward).

None of that changes your experience (nor your mind, I'm sure). But I did want to tell you that I'm sorry for what you experienced. I don't do this for the money. I do it to help people... and I very clearly didn't help you.

Mark Gomes