Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J,

No offense taken. We're always looking for new ways to optimize our marketing message. I'm a stock picker, not a salesman ;)

But as you can see, I have a loyal customer base that often comes to my defense when a reader expresses skepticism before fully investigating my Methodology and official portfolio track record (both available for free without registration at our poisedtotriple website).

That's not to say that you haven't done your due dilly on me. Rather, the point is that my readers also have an incentive for more readers to sign up, because the more revenue we generate, the more we can invest in expert resources.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 7 04:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Become A Millionaire For Free! [View instapost]
    Flynn,

PLXW tripled when it hit $9.72, so based on the rules of the Methodology (available for free here: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj) it graduated from our portfolio.

I may choose to comment on it in the future, but will most likely do that on a customer-only basis, since their dues are funding our research efforts. I hope you can understand. I dislike disappointing anyone, but I have obligations to the PTT Research partners and customers.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 07:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Become A Millionaire For Free! [View instapost]
    I thought I'd share an excerpt from my response to a reader. It might help everyone better-understand how I do what I do.
    ______________________

"I absolutely 100% want to make sure that free readers get value from my picks. I can't tell you what % of our 1,000+ paying members paid for their membership with gains from my picks, but the over/under is likely north of 80%. It's our lifeblood.

The main issue I encounter is that some people can't (or won't) believe that I'm willing to help people for free without actually seeking to screw them, somehow (see above -- along with my track record -- for why that makes little sense in my case). http://bit.ly/14zls2d This is why I put my entire life, performance tracker, and (most importantly), Methodology on display, all for free. I WANT people to investigate me, because 1) I'm confident in the result and 2) I DON'T want customers who don't do their homework (it inevitably leads to headaches for yours truly).

However, no matter how much I tell people to read my Methodology or avoid my picks, there's a large % of readers who don't read it, but still play my picks. Those who do know when to act on my articles and when not to. I don't time my articles, but my Methodology is VERY clear on how to buy/sell/hold my picks. Paying members simply get greater support in this regard (along with earlier access to my new picks, of course).

Bottom Line: Because stocks rise over time and winning companies/stocks are plentiful, there's room for everyone to win. Free readers can win. Paying members can win big. Premium members can win the most. I win when everyone else wins, because they graduate to increasingly premium levels of service. I just have to do my job and pick great stocks... and readers just have to read and adhere to my Methodology.

Those who don't are the only ones exposed to real losses, because (at the risk of sounding arrogant), my Methodology works -- I've earned close to 40% annually going back to 1996 with the tax returns and a successful Institutional career (retired in 2008, at 37) to prove it :) The Methodology was meticulous developed over the course of 20 years to protect me from my inherent (and numerous) weaknesses as an investor. It incorporates the best lessons from the best investors I've ever known / known of.

Further, my picks are only made with the assistance of the best industry experts money can buy (I utilize a 6-figure research budget to consult with said experts on any pick I make). For example, my ENTIRE thesis on PXLW was developed via conversations with display-processing and video industry gurus (about $40,000 of research).

In other words, I am NOT a stock guru. I am simply a guy following the instructions of great investors with the utilization of the industries' top experts. Quite honestly, ANYONE with a good background in finance can replicate what I do / have done."
    Aug 6 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J,

For the most part, I think you understand my business very well!

The only part I wish to clarify is that I absolutely 100% want to make sure that free readers get value from my picks. I can't tell you what % of our 1,000+ paying members paid for their membership with gains from my picks, but the over/under is likely north of 80%. It's our lifeblood.

I hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for the stimulating chat. You have outstanding etiquette for a skeptic. In this line of business, I appreciate that more than you know.

Best Wishes,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Babeone,

Most of my updates are written exclusively for PTT subscribers, though it is possible that I may provide an update in my free newsletter: http://bit.ly/13nKItI

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    In my opinion, Jack is right. My FB page has just over 40,000 likes and I am quite-honestly a relative nobody... or "an E-lister" as Kim K would say ;)

Aug 6 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J.,

You, like every human, are entitled to your opinion and I fully respect that right. All I can do is tell you that my intent strikes a fair balance between charitable and commercial.

Whether or not that is true is for you to decide. In the spirit of enabling that, I have exposed more of myself online than most anyone you will encounter.

I hope that helps and I wish you well.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 11:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words, Jack.

Sometimes things like this bother me a bit more than they should, but it's only because I remember what it was like to get ripped off, pumped-n-dumped, lured into day-trading, and lose money on stocks.

So, I wrote the Methodology and provide picks to be used with it. All for free. Yet, for some reason many people won't take the simple step of learning the Methodology (the instruction manual for my picks) to help themselves to change their futures.

Everyone clearly WANTS brighter futures, so I can't help but wonder how (or even if) I can persuade them to learn what I learned to succeed. Perhaps I should just forget the few impossible cases and focus on the ones I have succeeded in helping :)

Cheers.
    Aug 4 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Dump,

THAT is a great point. Of course, anyone who has followed me long enough has seen me bottom-tick stocks, top-tick stocks, and everything in between. I don't time my free articles. I put them out when I have something to say. The Methodology is the rule book on how to react to what I write, so hopefully Methodology readers drew their risk/reward lines and saw that the greed phase was indeed in high gear.

Great post, start to finish. I tip my hat to you.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Aug 4 05:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Also, to some of the additional comments above: My last company (Pipeline Data) provided these services for $60,000 per year (and $1,000 an hour for personal consulting). In 2009, I semi-retired and donated all of that service 100% FOR FREE to SA readers for 5 years.

WHY? Because I came from NOTHING and learned that hard work can turn a penniless stock loser (as I was) into a multi-millionaire. I wanted to share what I learned so EVERYONE could fight their way out (and up). This is why I also donated time to write the Methodology.

Literally thousands of people are benefiting from the Methodology. I get tear-jerking emails from life-changed people every day. I love it. (of course, I also get heckled by day-traders when my stocks take a step back, and that's ok too. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's actually amusing).

But to hear people complain about not getting MORE for free? Well, THAT makes me VERY SAD, frustrated, and at a loss of faith in Main Street investors. I have GREAT sympathy for those who are struggling (as I was) and are willing to fight and learn... and WIN.

But I have NO sympathy for those who don't believe in working hard for a better future.

So, if you are complaining but haven't read my Methodology, you have no right to a voice in my world. Why? Because whether you pay or not, my FREE Methodology lessons said to lighten up (sell, hedge, or sell calls) on GLUU for the short-term, so blame goes to the person in the mirror. And that is ALL I have to say to you.

To the rest of you, my deepest apologies. Those of you who DO help yourselves deserve to have me researching my next pick instead of talking to those who don't. This rant was obviously not directed at you. There's just a part of me that hopes at least ONE person will take this as a wake up call.

If that someone is you, start by studying my Methodology until you understand it 100%: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj

God bless you all & good night,

Mark G.
    Aug 4 05:53 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Hi Everyone,

I understand the frustration of free readers. However, there are no games being played on my part. Everything I say for free to the public is 100% true and honest (otherwise, my free readers wouldn't become paying members).

Look at my track record and you will see that my picks are VERY profitable for those who buy and wait (regardless of short-term moves). This includes GLUU, which is crushing the market returns since I picked it (as have most of my picks for FIVE YEARS: http://bit.ly/14zls2d). Where else can you get advice like that for free?

SO, the choice is (and always has be) yours. Become a millionaire for free via patience... or become a client and become a multimillionaire faster. Either choice is a good one. I'm happy to help a little for free, as always. In fact, my Methodology teaches you how to do almost all of it yourself (which included the lessons needed to avoid the GLUU decline).

Let me repeat that -- THE RULES OF THE METHDOLOGY TOLD YOU THAT GLUU WAS DUE FOR A BREAK... and I provide that Methodology for FREE. If you don't 1) learn the Methodology OR 2) pay for my service, I honestly can't help you.

It's only fair.

In fact, if that is the case, I sincerely advise you against playing my picks, because I can't spend time responding to people that won't even spend time helping themselves. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm well-known for being a nice guy, but perhaps I have been too nice. It's clear that some investors need tough love (as my mentors gave to me).

They said, "If you want a future, take responsibility for it." Amen to that.

My sincerest wishes for good fortune and investing success,

Mark G.

p.s. To my PTT customers -- My tour of the French Riviera is complete. I've settled into Barcelona (with high-speed Internet) and will provide a new video shortly... maybe tonight. :)
    Aug 4 03:42 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Keith,

Well done. This is EXACTLY what a smart investor is supposed to do. FYI, my PTT video analysis told investors to expect 20% for Kim. My estimated calculations actually ranged up to 21%, so this is no surprise.

However, why do you think that's a bad thing? The game cost a few million to make, but is likely pulling in north of $500K per day now (it pulled $320K per day in its first few days, BEFORE hitting #5 on iOS and #10 on Android). Do the math on that and you'll surely see how profitable the game is. Now, imagine a LeBron James or Miley Cyrus game ;)

All the market said today is:

1. "Everyone" owned the stock going into earnings, leaving nobody to buy afterwards. Most brokerage firms RAISED their price targets today. They did your math, but correctly ignored the reaction of the masses. That's the fine line that stands between a great analyst being a great investor.

2. Most shareholders are not familiar with management's long-held practice of providing conservative guidance (FYI, I reminded my paying members of this several hours before the earnings announcement).

You did all the right things -- checked out the call and did the math. Don't let the stock's TRADING get in the way of your INVESTMENT research.

You're on the right track to getting the story right. Remember, what a stock does on a given day or month is inconsequential (see a 10 year chart of CRM for proof). Learning that is what converted me from a big annual loser into someone who has averaged close to 40% for 18 years ;)

Again, great job on the calculations.

My Kindest Regards To You,

Mark G.
    Jul 31 07:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    Great comments here. Lots of smart INVESTORS ignoring the TRADING action. Indeed, the market is made up of two VERY different dynamics.

Cheers!
    Jul 31 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Regardless of what the uninformed non-PTT readers say, Gomes was / stayed / remains very long GLUU. Covered calls do not represent a conflict of interest. You can see my PTT customer video(s) for all the details.

I apologize to non-PTT subscribers, but I'm sure you can understand that paying members should get more service. Free readers get tons of free value, like my selection of GLUU at $4, along with 10+ publicly confirmed triples: http://seekingalpha.co...

Paying members get the bonus -- like my pre-earnings video alert to understand how to trade the earnings. FYI, my free "poised to triple" thesis remains intact. If you listened to the earnings call or read the earnings transcript, you know why. If you didn't, please take no offense, but you obviously can't intelligently comment on the earnings, no? ;)

Bottom Line: I gave this pick to Seeking Alpha readers for FREE at ~$4. If you bought it then, you are up VERY nicely regardless of today's action (just like HIMX, PXLW, GSAT,FB, LGF, etc. before it). You can see my track record for all the good and bad picks! http://bit.ly/14zls2d

Anyone else is just talking with a vested interest and therefore merits no response.

Kindest Regards & Best Wishes To All,

Mark G.
    Jul 31 07:07 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Ritam, bingo!

Babbeone, thanks for that info. Lots of ratings and target-price changes today!

It's easy to tell who the PTT-savvy investors are today :)
    Jul 31 11:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment