Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    Tromur,

Sounds like you have the right thought process on this. Article "timing" is not done in conjunction with risk/reward charts. Increasingly, my articles are being published with a delay relative to paying member on the basis of releasing a steady stream of content for business marketing purposes.

Of course, my preference is that articles get timed to maximize shareholder potential, but we provide free content here to drive awareness for PTT. Those who subscribe get the hand-holding treatment, while those who wish to do-it-themselves are given all the tools/rules needed via the Methodology.

One pointer: the Methodology states that the "trend is your friend". In other words, buying a stock as it drops will usually add to one's losses, which is obviously not optimal per this rule. Tis better to wait for the stock to bottom out and start forming a bullish trend first. This applies to ALL stocks, not just AERO.

Also, of course, increasing one's position beyond the rules of the Methodology is always a sub-optimal diversification strategy, but NOT abnormal. I succumb to the urges as well. Lord knows I want to buy more GLUU and MATR today!

Keep at it and you'll succeed! It's NOT easy. Making millions takes years of study, years of practice, and years of excellent execution. I lost money for 3 years running before I was even mediocre at this. After that, it was another 4 years to become good and 7 more to become great. That's 14 years ;)

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Oct 10 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Everything You Need To Know About My Seeking Alpha Picks [View instapost]
    Bazooka,

If you only want to follow MY picks at PTT Research, that is of course your prerogative. It's simple enough because the analyst's name is on the PTT Research reports.

This is no different than what you see with Wall Street reports. Each firm has multiple analysts. You'll see my name on the report and you'll see the pick show up in my Portfolio Tracker at PoisedToTriple.com. If not, just ask :)

NOBODY else's picks show up under my name or in my Portfolio Tracker. It took 20 years to build my rep, so I'm not about to lend my name to anyone else. Trust in that.

Thanks for the great question and compliment,

Mark G.
    Oct 10 10:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    Tromur,

1. The market is falling. Stocks fall during times like this, but the value of a COMPANY is what should drive a stock. This is at the heart of the psychological condition that causes investors to sell undervalued stocks and buy overvalued ones. It is also a beautiful thing if you know what to do with that information, because it gives smart investors many gifts.

2. From your tone, I get the sense that you might hold too many shares of AERO. My apologies if I'm misreading your tone. Have you read the Methodology? I'm very outspoken about how important it is to do so if you wish to buy my picks.

It is also critical if you want to be a successful investor in general, per my comment #1.

Also, see my most recent Instablog posts. VERY important stuff.

I hope that helps,

Mark G.
    Oct 10 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Everything You Need To Know About My Seeking Alpha Picks [View instapost]
    Hopefully this will provide more clarity, transparency, and motivate more people to check out my Methodology, which is ESSENTIAL to succeeding with my picks.

Because my disclosures often go unread, I'll be incorporating this into my articles from now on.

Mark G.
    Oct 9 11:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy My Seeking Alpha Picks ! [View instapost]
    Great idea. I've also created an initiation video, which we will link to in each of our Seeking Alpha articles: http://bit.ly/1v9tPzD
    Oct 9 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    Mikkis,

Only the UltraLED is capable. It's not AERO's intent to sell for pott right now (not federally legal or politically correct -- though UltraLED is selling exceptionally well in pott-legal state, just by coincidence, I'm sure).

I am VERY confident AERO will make a pott version when the time is right. In fact, I have good reason to believe this is a big part of the reason why Scotts got involved with them. I can't say more without violating the contractual obligations of my involvement with PTT Research (most details are only supposed to go to paying members), but I hope this helps.

Just be sure to adhere to the rules of my Methodology when sizing your position. It is Speculative and therefore should be a very small position, especially during market downturns, as we are seeing now. It's all in my Methodology (free to the public) at PoisedToTriple.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Oct 9 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of ARC Worldwide Are Poised To Plummet [View article]
    Finally getting some vindication on this one.
    Oct 9 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy My Seeking Alpha Picks ! [View instapost]
    Johnny, no clue. Amid the recent confusion, I'm pleased to get all the support I can get ;)

FYI, to all. My complete track record (the good and bad) is on display on Seeking Alpha and at PoisedToTriple.com. You can see my picks and their performance. Those facts (for better or worse) overrule any bashers / motivated short-sellers.

Decide that I'm not for you is fine, but make sure you do it for your reasons, not someone else's uninformed conjecture. You owe it to yourself for obvious reasons that go far beyond my specific picks.
    Oct 9 03:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    AJ,

I just saw some of your more recent posts and appreciate it. I have provided a response in-kind via my Instablog article.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Oct 8 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy My Seeking Alpha Picks ! [View instapost]
    AJ,

Many thanks for the clarification, and more so for taking the high road in requesting clarification from me. Regarding my perception of your tone, I did take offense to some of your posts, but some of those have since disappeared (likely removed by SA moderators).

Beyond that, your spelling of my name contributed to how I perceived your tone (intentional misspelling of my name is commonly used to inflict insult). I trust that it was unintentional, as you state, so pax romana.

To answer your question, you present a very reasonable suggestion. To this point, the partners at PTT have collectively felt that updates should be exclusively reserved for subscribers, especially since it is one of the main draws to the service.

Feedback from our prospect surveys have shown that a large percentage of followers choose not to subscribe because they feel that they can get the job done based on what we give them here.

In other words, we face a dilemma of how much "free" should be included in the "freemium" model. I WHOLEHEARTLY agree that part of my responsibility to the investing public is to steer them from harm (as much as is possible in this business). So, to this point, I have done as much as humanly possible to provide an in-depth "instruction manual" for the blender.

I would love to say that more can be done and I WILL continue to seek a way. However, there's a delicate balance (which you clearly understand) at work here. I'm open to suggestions, but keep in mind that PTT's profitability is at a level that leaves me rather indifferent. Solely serving institutions provides far greater profits and far fewer headaches... but far less gratification.

Thanks for keeping a level had through this. Communication via the Internet can make that difficult at times.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. for the sake of levity, I will say this -- if every SA contributor was held to the standard of closing out their bad picks, Seeking Alpha would likely be cranking out twice as many articles per day ;)
    Oct 8 05:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    It's just a day. The bears are preying on fear and shaken confidence. As for my confidence, GLUU has done nothing but beat quarters on my watch. That's how I judge myself -- by how well my picks execute against expectations.

So, if GLUU misses the Street's $85M revenue estimate, I'll have to eat my hat. But I think it's more likely that they top the estimate by $5M or more, FWIW.
    Oct 8 05:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of JAKKS Pacific Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    JP,

Despite what some people might think, I'm not intimately involved with the GTAT situation. I founded PTT, but the partners in Austin run the operations.

Your request sounds reasonable enough, so I recommend posing it to Matt Margolis.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Oct 8 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of JAKKS Pacific Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    D&P, I feel you, but a day is just one step in the marathon. If Methodology serves us well, as it always has, we'll make out over time.

As it is, MATR simply gave back some profits of the past week (which was astounding in the face of the market decline) and JAKK has been on fire, helping to offset the capitulation in GLUU.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Oct 8 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy My Seeking Alpha Picks ! [View instapost]
    Minor,

Thanks you for sharing that. It's rare that someone experiences losses on my picks and takes self-responsibility. Indeed, I have to bear a great deal of the burden when something goes wrong (as I should / deservedly so), but your story should sever others well.

In addition, your attitude is one of the key qualities for any investor who wishes to succeed.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Oct 8 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of JAKKS Pacific Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    CT,

Many thanks for the kind words!

Mark G.