Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    Ha! I'd prefer that...
    Jun 17, 2015. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    A $30 buyback...LOL. They completed it with a single market order ;)
    Jun 17, 2015. 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific's $30 Million Buyback And Lawsuit Settlement Open The Door For Acquisition [View article]
    The saga continues. Thanks for reading this update. For all the continuing updates, stay tuned at PTTResearch.com or via our free newsletter at PoisedToTriple.com
    Jun 17, 2015. 06:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    Good start (and just the beginning) for one of our Poised To Triple Portfolio stars. We're reporting updates on this regularly: http://bit.ly/1ekkT4I
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:27 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific's Share Price Will Soar As Buyout Pressure Mounts [View article]
    WSD,

I agree wholeheartedly! In fact, if you read my profile materials, you'll see that PTT's predecessor, Pipeline Data was built on the reputation I gained from having navigated institutional customers through the dot.com bust with profits of approx. +40% in each of 2000 and 2001 (we advised being nearly 100% short for 2 full years).

Later, I was able to cash-cow Pipeline Data and semi-retire in the late-2008 timeframe due to the profits generated from navigating customers through the financial crash. 2007 performance was +37.4% vs. 9.8% for the NASDAQ and 2008 performance was +5.6% vs. -40.5%.

So, needless to say, I'm actually looking forward to the next major reset.

If you happen to be an institution with interest in our institutional services, I'll be happy to qualify your firm, after which we can set you up with reference calls. We have several reference accounts, including a former Lehman Brothers portfolio manager who provides stunning accounts of how thing went down from his perspective, along with Pipeline Data's role during that timeframe.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Jun 15, 2015. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well said. Thus the encroachment of activists... ;-)
    Jun 10, 2015. 12:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Perion Networks Is A Cheap Undercovered Company With 100%+ Upside [View article]
    Intriguing story. Love the chart. Thanks!
    Jun 10, 2015. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Hi,

I generally update readers who sign up for my free newsletter (http://bit.ly/14zls2d) or my premium newsletter (PTTResearch.com).

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You make a great point, but I didn't make every pick in 2009. In fact, I only made one. Feel free to visit my portfolio tracker at PoisedToTriple (http://bit.ly/14zls2d). I'm sure you'll be at least intrigued ;-)

To be fair, making only 31 picks in 6 years gives me the advantage of selectivity... but that's my hallmark (along with the paid utilization of specialist analysts and industry consultants to confirm Company assertions and emerging trends -- at a cost of six-figures per year). Our deep dive on MATR alone was a 5-figure project.

This is all funded via PTT Research's freemium model for retail and institutional customers. Been doing this since my days at International Data Corporation, back in 1994. Cheers!
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ultima,

Those are all good and accurate points. However, discussions with management have revealed a real willingness to work with, instead of against, its investors. The CFO, in particular, is starting to understand why investors have focused their frustration on him. If you were on the last call, I'm sure you noticed that it is much improved.

And yes, Frozen was a much-needed shot in the arm. Thankfully, they've followed that up by tightening the Disney relationship. They're are now tightly aligned, including new geographic proximity, with the Disney team. Feedback from Disney has been extremely favorable (much more so than MAT or HAS). Basically, Disney likes that JAKK is much more willing to bend to their will (shocking). While this limits JAKK's leverage in the relationship, their need to exert leverage won't come until the company is much larger.

Thanks for the great contribution. Cheers.

Mark G.
    Jun 9, 2015. 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with CVC. We both think the stock is going higher, but we're not here to fool ourselves into thinking that a short squeeze is on the table.

That begin said, if JAKK can use the coming flood of cash flow to buy out the convert, the convert arbs will simultaneously want out of the short position that hedges their convert positions.

That likely would occur via some orderly means, not a squeeze per se. The point is, there are many ways for a stock to achieve fair value. In 25+ years I have yet to find a silver bullet for figuring out how (or when) my picks (6-year performance record here -- http://bit.ly/14zls2d) will triple or get acquired, yet roughly 50% of them do.

The thing that has worked in 100% of those cases has been to buy cheap and patiently wait.
    Jun 9, 2015. 07:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gentlemen,

Bingo on all counts.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Jun 8, 2015. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bird Flu Infects Post Holdings - Shares Are Poised To Plummet [View article]
    Cheers folks.

FYI, I just heard that J.P. Morgan has downgraded POST's bonds to Underweight.
    Jun 1, 2015. 12:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity + Appfluent: A Force To Be Reckoned With [View article]
    New all-time high for ATTU. Kudos for your continued (and accurate) coverage of this PTT Portfolio graduate! http://bit.ly/1dkid6K
    May 20, 2015. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should King's Sour Candy Be Crushing Shares Of Glu? [View article]
    KING now -30% since last year vs. +55% for GLUU. This could be the canary in the coalmine quarter for KING. Quite a bit later than I expected, but still working out.
    May 14, 2015. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment