Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I don't judge a company by what they say (or even the numbers they print)...I judge them by what I can confirm via my own first-hand due diligence or via the work of independent third-party experts.

DLIA is an interesting case (because of the high risks that accompany its high potential for reward), but no different than any other stock I look at. I utilize a combination of the aforementioned confirmation methods. I employ (literally) multiple individuals / firms, including retail experts and contacts who have worked with Tracy (and her team) in the past to calculate risk/reward in order to assess the proper next move.
    May 16, 2014. 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • TechPrecision: 10 Bagger Or A Bust? [View instapost]
    We shall see. Freebies have to create enough paying members to pay the bills. As long as that happens, I'll keep giving a certain amount of research away!
    May 15, 2014. 11:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TechPrecision: 10 Bagger Or A Bust? [View instapost]
    I've never called for the same stock to triple twice, but at the right price, I will be enticed to re-initiate coverage on TPCS. Can't say what that price might be though ;)

For now, it feels like a "Something Bagger or Bust". The key to eliminating "bust" is for them to get their financing in order. Everything else seems to be lined up nicely in their favor.
    May 15, 2014. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Golfer,

That's the way to do it! My goal is for my free offerings to make you enough money to pay for my paid offerings. It's a great business model if you think about it, right? Very symbiotic.

If you stay true to all of the facets of the Methodology, I'm sure GLUU will have you joining my paid ranks in due time :)

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 15, 2014. 10:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Golfer,

I'm sticking to my Methodology for buying, selling, and how much to hold. The Methodology is free for the public to read on PoisedToTriple's web site.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 15, 2014. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I think the next tidbit of news will come in the form of an SEC document. It'll either be a financing announcement or a 10-K. Either way, I don't think anyone outside of TPCS's management team is going to "know" anything until a relevant SEC document hits their site.
    May 14, 2014. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Yup...and we're fine with either approach. Do it yourself or have us do it for you. Over time, as our readers become richer and richer, they ultimately come to us to do it for them. #timeismoney ;)
    May 14, 2014. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    That's definitely earlier than me! A "nice call" goes out to anyone who was there that early. Truth be told, I'll almost never be FIRST. The odds are simply against it. The important thing is to be early enough to make great money...

...and maybe add something to the existing thesis. That's what happened with HIMX. A LOT of people beat me to that punch. Many even suspected that they were in Glass, but I was the first to prove it. So, I got a nice share of the credit, though many others earned it too :)

That's what I love about this business in the Internet era. If individual investors all work together, we can make calls that Wall Street can't compete with. They're outnumbered!
    May 14, 2014. 12:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Yes, I often "write covered calls" (basically, I short call options) when things move up too fast. PTT Research will be releasing something to subscribers soon. Other than that, Google always does the trick.
    May 13, 2014. 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Great post, Vic!

The key is to stay true to a proven Methodology (it doesn't have to be mine, but it should be proven). My money doesn't go straight up, but I've only lost money in 1 of the past 15 years (2002).

By not chasing stocks up and hedging picks like PXLW and GLUU (by selling calls) at their Risk/Reward Chart peaks, I mitigated a good chunk of the recent pullback and sit nicely up for the year.

It's important to note that I don't take credit for that. I'm simply a slave to the Methodology (which is the consolidated representation of the rules my mentors taught me). In other words, I'm just a robot following the rules. In other words, anyone who has the picks (my readers / customers) can do it!

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 13, 2014. 09:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I think I was fairly early on AERO -- that was another one that went to subscribers first (at $4.10). My complete documented list of publicly-known picks can be found here: http://bit.ly/14zls2d

That list doesn't include a couple of doozies that I haven't released to the public. I can't stop people from talking about my picks, but without validation from yours truly, it could be a hoax.

Also, without being a member, investors can't get my updates. One way or the other, I make sure subscribers get their money's worth (and more)...which is why the subscriber base is already very big and growing :)
    May 13, 2014. 09:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Draland,

My Methodology is very clear on this. If people want to spike the stock they can, but they are only hurting themselves by bidding the shares up like that. I am 100% against chasing those investors, as they are violating one of my golden rules for investing success. To triple in two years, my picks only have to move an average of 0.2% per day or 4.7% per month.

If a pick to triple (from 5 to 15) immediately spikes from 5 to 10, it's no longer a pick to triple for new investors. It merely becomes a pick to rise 50%, which is only 22.5% annually if it takes 2 years to triple. That's well below my average over the past 18 years (which means I'm no longer interested in it).

AERO exemplified this by initially spiking higher, but soon gave us all a chance to buy in the 4s. Remember, this world has longs and shorts. Many shorts follow my work, hoping to take advantage of a stock spike. They may like the idea, but that doesn't stop them from making a quick buck by shorting the stock for a short-term trade. This drives the stock back down to reasonable levels.

It all goes to prove that patience is a virtue :)

Cheers!

Mark G.
    May 13, 2014. 09:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Great post! One correction: my initiation article originally appeared on PoisedToTriple when the stock was 40-cents. Doesn't get much earlier than that ;)

Remember, many of my picks are first discovered (and are sometimes exclusively covered) on PTTResearch and PoisedToTriple...
    May 13, 2014. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    KRPU,

If your position-size is consistent with my Methodology (available for free to the public at PoisedToTriple's web site), there's nothing to fear. If it goes to zero, I'm ok with it, because my position-size is appropriate for the inherent risk.

Subscribers of my service enjoyed a triple when TPCS went from $0.40 to $1.20. By taking enough profits off the table, many are playing with house money. This is the way my Methodology works. We make good bets. Some work, some don't...but if we get good odds on each one (which is my specialty), the winners completely outweigh the losers over time.

This is how I've managed to make 400 times my money since 1996 :)http://bit.ly/QCXgHZ

The Methodology has worked great for everyone who follows it as written. I can't speak for the rest, because it is not designed for deviations. It is optimized as written. Of course, I'm hoping everything works out, but if it doesn't I'll simply lose my "house money" and look forward to the success of my numerous other picks. It's just a necessary aspect of my never-ending virtuous cycle.

Either way, I liked the odds on this bet and look forward to seeing the result.

Hope that helps,

Mark G.
    May 13, 2014. 01:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growing Opportunity For AeroGrow [View article]
    Correct! There are a lot of moving parts to this agreement and frankly, I'm glad. It enabled me to buy the stock at a price I liked. Most people don't know how to evaluate a company like this, because calculating the range of possible outcomes is akin to solving a multiple-simultaneous quadratic equation.

...and we've done that work.

Bottom line: I believe the valuation is very fair for most possible outcomes (good and bad). I say "most" because some of the possible outcomes involve AERO becoming the next SodaStream (I like my AeroGarden better -- I gave the SodaStream to charity). If that happens, the stock is gone. That being said, I didn't want to incorporate that into my valuation analysis. I'd rather have that possible outcome serve as a free lottery ticket that comes with every attractive-priced share of AERO I buy.

...and I personally bought more in the low-5s. Happily holding.

Cheers,