Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Another great post, Aaron.

Setting investment goals based on company fundamentals is VERY smart (assuming the stock price doesn't get ahead of the fundamentals). In the case of GLUU, the stock has been correcting due to market-related fears, as opposed to company's fundamentals.

In such cases, I generally view the dip as a buying opportunity. In the long-run, fundamentals always win. Most investors suffer from being too myopic.

The long-term prospects of GLUU have not changed in the past two weeks. In fact, even when Deer Hunter inevitably peters out, GLUU will still be a company that knows how to create and monetize mobile video games. Some games will be a hit and some will not, but the average game will do well, driving the company's long-term growth.

Everything else is just background noise, which can only serve to confuse short-term minded investors. I don't play that game. I seek companies that have the ability to execute over a long period of time. Once I invest in them, I let them work their magic (over time), while I set my sights on finding the next investment.

In you read what I just said, you'll understand why I believe that fretting over short-term moves is a waste of time and emotion. ;)

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Apr 6 02:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    I agree with this.
    Apr 6 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Bingo. Well said.
    Apr 6 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pixelworks Discloses Relationship With Apple [View article]
    Well found, Scott. There are few things I love more than an investor who does their homework. Interesting indeed. Kudos and cheers!
    Apr 5 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    I find it humorous when people toss stock prices around without valuation-based backing. I'd like to see the earnings and valuation model that supports this.
    Apr 5 07:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Lots of emotion here...and as I've said before, emotion is an investor's biggest enemy. If Mr. Spock existed, he'd be richer than Buffett.

For the record, GLUU is a Core pick and a "Gold Mine"...and I stand by those classifications. NOTHING has changed since its last earnings report. If I remember correctly, it was a massive beat and raise (from a management team with a reputation for conservatism). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)-

In my opinion, the stock is down because:

1) KING's IPO was a dud. KING and GLUU are two completely different companies, but most investors haven't done the homework to understand that.

2) The Russell has been whacked. When the Russell falls, GLUU falls (because it is a member of the Russell and ETF managers are FORCED to sell all Russell members when investors sell their Russell ETFs). Note that this has NO bearing on GLUU's value as a company. It's forced selling (i.e. no choice).

A 25% correction is not fun, but not shocking either. I've seen my share. In fact, my biggest winner ever started with a 25% loss (before rising 10x). Accordingly, my ownership in GLUU is as big as ever (it represents 15% of my net worth and remains my largest holding). I don't like "losing money", but it's not my job (nor within my capability) to convince the entire world of what I know about this company.

Just remember, 3 months ago, GLUU dropped 18% and hit 3.61 just one week before its beat and raise. Until the announcement, everyone was badmouthing the stock and talking about insider selling. Six weeks later it was up 56.5%...and people are complaining about a 25% pullback? Sigh. In the face of a massive tech correction, the stock is still up 16% in six weeks. That's 256% annualized.

Bottom Line -- The problem here is human nature. Perceived losses bring mistrust and fear. I can't change that. It has always existed and always will.

If GLUU is worth $9, it will get there whether or not I provide reassuring words. My specialty is analyzing valuations and making 12-36 month calls...not pumping a stock or provided reassurance during corrections. Seeking and researching the next pick to triple is a much better use of my time and skills, no?

Right. So, my original thesis is STILL my thesis. The company hasn't changed a bit in the past few months. Everything I have said still holds true. If you disagree, please enlighten me. Otherwise, you must LOGICALLY overrule emotion and conclude that the recent selloff has been driven by something other than the company's fundamentals...

...and I think we can all agree that fundamentals is the primary determinant of a company's TRUE value, whether the stock reflects it or not.

Word to the wise -- on Wall Street, the biggest rewards go to those who work hard to find value while the world fearfully hits their "sell" buttons in the face of a red screen. It is HUMAN to think, "Someone must know something". I feel that EVERY time. But inevitably, nobody "knows something". The stock is only falling because everyone is selling...because everyone is selling...because everyone is selling. Until all the fearful investors have sold all they have. Professionals call that "shaking out weak hands". I've written about this before.

As most of you have witnessed over the past 5 years (and many more have seen over the past 20+ years), I've made a very successful career of taking advantage of this human condition (calling the bottoms on FB and GLUU to within a month comes to mind). It's a "scary" method to follow, but it's really not scary at all -- not if you do your homework...

...and that's ALL I do.

In fact, my only fear is being wrong in front of the 30,000 people who follow my work. #pressure

Thus, my performance record speaks volumes.

If my Methodology and track record aren't enough for you to have trust in my picks, them my style is just not right for you...and there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody's style is right for everyone.

Now please, try to enjoy your weekends. Lord knows we've all earned it.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Apr 5 07:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    That's not a question -- it's an entire discussion (and possible an entire college course).

A good subject for PTT University. Stay tuned...
    Apr 4 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    I just made the following comments above. Just adding here for easy access...

As I've said, I like my AeroGrow (much more than my SodaStream). Do the math on that. If even 1 in 5 people agree with me, AERO's sales will continue growing...and THAT is what to watch.

It's not about where they are now or where they were yesterday. It's about where they are going. From that perspective, showing 65%+ growth and sold-out products on their website speaks volumes.

If you think the company will fail because you don't like the product (via first-hand experience), I can't fault a man for his opinion. However, comments regarding earnings demonstrate low knowledge of "operating model leverage".

If you don't understand what that is, you've just made my point ; )

Suffice it to say that OML is the single most important determinant of a company's ability to make a crummy-looking income statement into an amazing one. It's also a key thing I look for in picks to triple (a crummy income statement that has the OML to become a great one -- HIMX, FB, and STX come to mind as past examples, among others).
    Apr 4 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    See my comments below from Mar 13 re:P/E is B.S.

Also, my PTT Research report provides plenty of details. Every company starts off with zero revenue and negative earnings.

If you don't understand what that is, you've just made my point ; )

Apr 4 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Strike,

Great advice. It took me a long time to figure it out, as well. Conviction was the key to becoming a dip-buyer. When you have conviction in what a company is worth, dips don't bother you. They simply offer the option of buying more.

Learning how to do the proper research to GAIN conviction is what actually takes time. ;)

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Apr 4 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I don't foresee a negative impact from this. Charts will adjust for the traders. Also, a higher stock price will enable many institutions to buy (many have price restrictions). I think it will help liquidity and eliminate the risk of being delisted.
    Apr 4 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity Reveals Exclusive Amazon Partnership [View article]
    You can get info on subscribing here http://bit.ly/16GHjpw. You can also subscribe to the PTT Insider for free here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI
    Apr 3 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Unknown, but when I find out, I'll share that info with PTT members: http://bit.ly/16GHjpw
    Apr 3 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Untrue. GT placed an $8 million furnace order with TPCS a few months ago.
    Apr 3 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity Reveals Exclusive Amazon Partnership [View article]
    I will share my thoughts with PTT subscribers after I speak with ATTU's CEO (we have a call scheduled). Cheers!
    Apr 3 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment