Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    How so? They have $24.1 million of proceeds that will become available subsequent to stockholder approval at its annual stockholder meeting in June.

They should be financially ok long-enough for back-to-school and the holidays to judge their fate. I don't think anyone can accurately predict what back-to-school and the holidays will bring, but THAT is the key to whether they succeed or not.

Note that I didn't just make a specific call. I simply outlined the facts of the matter. If you think they will fail in back-to-school and the holidays, I can respect that opinion...but investors may be overlooking the $24.1 million they have coming.
    May 29, 2014. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Missed Himax's Ride From $10 To $16 [View instapost]
    It's still called a "rumor" for a reason. Substantiation comes from checking with ones contacts in the industry. PTT Research has literally hundreds that we pay 6-figures annually to access.

Sometimes we can find one that has the answer (one helped me to discover that HIMX was in Glass). Sometimes we cant (in this case, we're finding nothing but dead ends).

The reason we step away from companies like HIMX is that we have to spent a lot to find the answer AND be among the first to do so. If a sell-sider finds it first, our effort is wasted.

Thus, it is ALWAYS best to play in less competitive ponds. A stock that goes from 5-15 is just as good as one that goes from 30-90.

Cheers
    May 29, 2014. 02:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    MIaffal33,

You make a GREAT point! However, but my Methodology actually does that. Those who haven't read those documents can't understand my style or why it works. The Methodology is ok with investing in risky situations, especially ones that others avoid (leaving a more attractive risk/reward profile).

Investors are greatly rewarded in the cases where things work out. There will be many losers, but a few big winners more than make up for it. Remember, Babe Ruth was the all-time strikeout champ as well as the all-time home run champ. It's not about wins...it's about the $$ you make on the wins vs. the money you lose on the losses ;)

There are many types of investors out there. Some like safe dividend payers, some like early-stage biotech longshots. I like good risk/reward opportunities with high upside. By its very nature, a decent number of losers will result. Trust me (or check my Methodology & Portfolio Tracker), it has worked out pretty well over the past 20 years :)

Thanks for the insightful comment. It's important for investors to realize the risk inherent in these situations, not just the reward.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 29, 2014. 02:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Everything in our Methodology (http://bit.ly/14oT7sj) holds true in this case. The stock can do what it wants, but there is NO CHANGE until they issue their next SEC filing. Until then, investors should assume that nobody "knows something". That's largely a myth, as discussed in the Methodology (http://bit.ly/14oT7sj). Cheers.
    May 29, 2014. 02:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    It MIGHT be a bad call IF they don't succeed in turning things around.

Of course, that's ALWAYS a risk with a pick...and I will ALWAYS make bad picks (hopefully amongst MANY more good ones). My biggest mistake in this case was not shifting its classification to Wait Time sooner. That's all.

Other than that, their progress continues, so we'll see how long it takes and whether they ultimately succeed. Still long, with no change to my holdings.

Cheers
    May 29, 2014. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    As previewed on May 16, DLIA reported weak results. However, behind the scenes, good progress continues. This has been an ill-timed pick at best (and a completely bad call at worst). I'm still optimistic that it's the former (ill-timed). If you read the release carefully and listen to the call, you can see that the company continues to make progress. Turnarounds like this generally take 6-8 quarters to take hold. We're only 1 year into it. You have my apologies for being too early (at best) and possibly wrong. Mea culpa.

I am clearly guilty for not heeding my own Methodology's warnings about companies in "Wait Time".

In short, today's news was consistent with my last subscriber update. The company continues to be in "Wait Time" as a Speculative stock with high upside potential and downside risk.

One could argue that the position should be nil until they finish their turnaround (and I wouldn't necessarily disagree), but I think they are making solid progress under the circumstances of this weak retail environment. Nonetheless, my ownership in the stock remains unchanged and consistent with what we discuss in the PTT Methodology.

Keep in mind that I continue to advocate finding other retailers to short as protection again long positions in DLIA.
    May 29, 2014. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Agreed. When everyone starts playing, it usually time to play another game. It's not about making money on the names everyone knows...it's just about making money. ;)
    May 28, 2014. 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Rumors flying that GOOG may use another solution in Google Glass. If true, losing Google would obviously be a significant blow to HIMX. As stated by Benjamin Graham (video in my Methodology on the PoisedToTriple website), it's hard to gain an advantage when Wall Street smothers a name like they did to HIMX.

Just another reason why we get out when a stock triples. Wall Street comes in, overhypes, and often leaves Main Street investors holding the bag. The ultimate pump and dump. I'm tired of seeing Wall Street shenanigans targeting hard working people. I'm on a campaign to get my Methodolgy out there, to help people regain a fighting chance. We have to grab the low-hanging fruit early and get out when the Wall Street vultures swoop in. Let them rob the institutions, not you. That's the way to win.

Here's Benjamin Graham (Warren Buffett's mentor) alluding to this many decades ago: http://bit.ly/1mEpJZP
    May 28, 2014. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Missed Himax's Ride From $10 To $16 [View instapost]
    Bazooka...my picks to triple are picks to triple for a reason. See Lesson 7 of my Methodology, along with Items #2 and #3 under "Thing To Know" of the same document for more on this. It's important info to understand what to do about the pullback in my picks ;) http://bit.ly/14oT7sj

FYI, I actually have a premium product called PTT Pipeline that is offered exclusively to PTT Newsletter subscribers, which provides a new pick every week. These include picks to go up 50%, 100%, etc.

As for HIMX, Jaha -- I can't argue with your logic. I just want to be clear that HIMX is not an official PTT pick.

I like the company and how it executes in the market. My feeling is that this is just a lull in the action. That being said, there are too many Wall Street analysts covering it for me to get officially involved, taking a cue from the legendary Benjamin Graham: http://bit.ly/1wgI2t8
    May 27, 2014. 03:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    I can't argue with your logic. I just want to be clear that HIMX is not an official PTT pick. Lesson 7 of my Methodology, along with Items #2 and #3 under "Thing To Know" of the same document discuss this.

May 27, 2014. 03:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    May 27, 2014. 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money On M&A - The Deferred Revenue Factor [View article]
    Then you have my deepest appreciation for that. Cheers.
    May 27, 2014. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Missed Himax's Ride From $10 To $16 [View instapost]
    This is just for anyone who didn't know. Cheers.
    May 27, 2014. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Vreteno,

You may have missed the point. Everyone sees that I picked HIMX from 3 to 10. The problem that Steve and other readers have (had) with me lies elsewhere. I was not involved in HIMX from 10 to 16, nor am I involved now. The stock tripled to 10 and then Wall Street hyped it to ridiculous levels.

As for HIMX and GLUU going to $2, I would advise against such statements without empirical evidence. Even short sellers (at least the knowledgeable ones) know that your figures are spurious at best.

I respect your right to an opinion, even if it counters mine. Because of that respect, I don't like seeing intelligent people make themselves look foolish in the process.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 27, 2014. 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy My Picks? [View instapost]
    I agree. Looking forward to hearing news on their financing. That will be the key. The stock will either pop or drop on the news, so investors can take the risk now or wait for that news.

Personally, I still own some, but would rather pay more after a positive financing announcement. I doubt it will go straight to its fair value on that news, thus leaving plenty of meat on the bone.
    May 27, 2014. 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment