Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thank you Gino. Cheers.
    May 23, 2014. 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thanks Johnny...and sorry about DLIA. The timing was clearly too soon on that one. I should have identified that risk and spelled it out. The harsh winter and retail downfall only made things worse. Could still be a great turnaround, but my fundamental timing was off (as was the stock timing, but I can never forecast that).

Many thanks
    May 23, 2014. 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Kid M,

Thanks! FYI, I HAVE made some horrible picks, but not AERO (at least not yet). RMKR and ATRN come to mind. Putrid picks. AERO doing well and that's all I ask from my investments. The stock is also up from the price when we gave it to our members, though certainly down from when Seeking Alpha published it (http://bit.ly/1ibezHC)

The stock will follow in due time if the company keeps doing well. Investing legends tell us that all the time: 4:30 of this video http://bit.ly/1k0T6Rk and 24:00 of this one http://bit.ly/1sLE6Mr

Thanks again for all your feedback. It's wise and well-taken. I will take it to heart.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 23, 2014. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    FYI, my new colleague, Matt Margolis just hit his first home run.

On Monday, he released "GTAT’s Next Frontier: Conquering the Entire Mobile Device Cover Market" to PTT Research subscribers.

Today, the stock is ripping on news that validated his call. Check him out!

http://bit.ly/1gWvIdr … $GTAT
    May 23, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    There are pros and cons to accepting payment. Most notably, the payment they offer can't dent our research / employee budget. Thanks for the encouragement regard the message boards. I understand and appreciate it.

OK, time for work. I'll check the rest of the comments at a later time. Cheers all.
    May 23, 2014. 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    You're "just an independent observer", but you know your craft. So, thanks again for the feedback.
    May 23, 2014. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thank you Paulo. I respect your integrity as an analyst, so I value your words and would love detailed feedback on how to fix that.

My #1 goal is to be helpful, while generating enough revenue pay for the analysts and resources to research my selections. I don't do this for money (I'm 43 now and was blessed with more than enough Wall Street clients and money before starting on Seeking Alpha in 2009).

I do it help.

But I obviously need help on communicating better. My strength is analysis, not interpersonal skills (if that isn't obvious by now). Any feedback in a personal email would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    May 23, 2014. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    This addresses Buyandhold's comment here http://bit.ly/1k0T8bU

Thank you (and others, like Steve Driscoll) for posting your issues without the personal attacks. A constructive dialog comes across much differently than those who just jump to conclusions. Remember, there are short sellers who can scare investors into selling by discrediting my picks -- reverse pumpers.

If you are not one of them, the best way to distinguish yourself is to be constructive and caring in your dialog.

With that being said, I AGREE with much of what you say. For my price tag, I better be NEAR perfect (nobody is perfect). I should DEFINITELY be right more than most for the price. Agreed.

Of course, I DO (and will) make bad calls. However, the good one must COMPLETELY overwhelm them or I'm worthless to you. Just remember, that some of my GOOD calls might act poorly before they really take off. That's because stocks take time to develop. Go to 1:00, 3:37, 4:30, and 24:00 of this video http://bit.ly/1k0T6Rk

(The video is not by me. It's by one of the greatest fund managers ever. After you look at it, think about the two quarters GLUU has delivered on my watch and then tell me what the problem is.)

Perhaps I have come across as a stock timer? If so, I GREATLY APOLOGIZE. I'm am NOT. I'm a stock analyst. My first pick here (LIOX) rose initially, but then got cut in half before finally tripling (435 days later). My free website says all of this, but if an investor doesn't read it, they may have no way of knowing.

It also has a Performance Tracker with links to proof of my entry and exit points. What more can someone want? That's not rhetorical. I want to know (because I care). I also want to know this -- if you buy my picks without reading those documents, who is to blame, a) you or b) me? Also not rhetorical.

If you say the answer is "b", I want your input on how to fix that.

You're here because something about me attracted you to my picks. What was it? Calling HIMX in Google? Apple doing business with PXLW. Pumpers and scammers don't make fundamental calls like that. So the problem must lie elsewhere...and I'm sure I am at least partly to blame.

Let's figure it out.

B&H, you say that I'm "extremely vague and spin everything in your favor no matter which way the stock goes"

Thank you for that feedback. I don't intend to come across this way. I'd like to talk to guys like you and Steve about how to fix that. I don't like being wrong, but it comes with the territory and I have to be a man and face my bad call when I make them.

You also say "your picks have been slaughtered this year and you seemed to have graduated some while your followers have held on........they didn't know"

I think you NAILED it with this comment. There is ONE thing that has separated most of the readers who are defending me versus those who are upset. That one thing is my Methodology. If you read it you are PROBABLY defending me. If you have NOT read it, you probably think I'm a scam artist.

...and I AM WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT. It's part of MY job to make sure people read the instruction manual. However, I talk about it all the time, so I'm at a loss.

If you lost money on my picks, PLEASE send me a Direct Message.

I WANT to know how to make sure people read my Methodology. I also want to know how to make it clearer. I also want to NOT come across as cocky. Those are all bad things...and I want to FIX them.

A pumper lives by the "sucker born every minute rule". They're right. If you hide in anonymity and market to enough people, you will get rich and who cares if you burn people? A new customer will take their place. Exposing them is noble, but is honestly a waste of time. Their marketing dollars reach more people than Twitter or Seeking Alpha chat boards. Trust me, I have all of my company's traffic stats.

So, understand this...I could be making more money by posting some b.s. video than posting here...but I'm HERE...because I CARE.

Reach out to me. Send me a Direct Message. Help me use my talents more effectively. Be my coach, so I can a valuable member of your team. After all, B&H, you compared me to a professional athlete. When one of your pro players has a bad stretch, you don't cut or trade him (at least not right away)...you figure out what's wrong with his mechanics.

Steve, B&H, and anyone else...Direct Message me.

I want to be clear and valuable to you.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 23, 2014. 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Excuse me if I take the rest of the week away, everyone. A long weekend awaits and I'd like to focus on my strength and love -- analyzing companies :)

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 09:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Words to live by. I usually do, but this one tested me. There were factors that many didn't see. Nonetheless, I should be prepared for any injustice. Indeed, my communications aren't always perfect, nor my selections. Thus, to incur an occasional wrath is inevitable, but that which does not kill me...

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Abdullah,

Your points are well taken, but your comment about my picks was off. While many of my picks are indeed small, most are not penny stocks. In fact, my average initiation price has been $7.72 ($3.37 for my Speculative picks, but those are just 9 of the dozens of picks I've made...perhaps they make more of an impression than the rest). Also, I don't have the market cap stats, but the average looks to be comfortably in the 9 figures.

But this is how it starts. Someone makes a GREAT point, but one stray comment somehow insults the other party, leading to a negative exchange instead of a positive one (which is clearly your good intent here).

Just understand that my stats are 100% honest. I'm not a penny stock picker. I'm an "any stock picker". In exchange, I'll understand the great point you were making and call you a friend with some good advice.

My apologies to anyone whose ire I may have raised, directly or indirectly. My intent to be positive and help, but it's tougher than most might think. I'll keep striving to improve. If I fail, I'll respectfully bow out. Lord know that nobody needs another liability in this world :)

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 01:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    One day (hopefully soon) we'll all get it right. The Internet has helped to even the odds. It holds the promise to enable Main Street investors to band together and all profit like the big guys do.

The challenge is 1) understanding whose heart is in the right place versus those who have selfish motives and 2) effective communications, because it's very hard to teach 20 years worth of concepts to thousands of people without personal tutelage (which is impossible to do for thousands of people).

My team is trying hard to do both, but it's expensive and challenging. However, it's also worth it when we hear about the lives we help.

Again, a friendlier dialog from those we unintentionally hurt will make it easier to figure out the gaps in the communication / education system we're trying to build. Remember, having gone from nothing to something, I just want to help others, like those who helped me.

There are many like me...and we're all just normal people (with feelings), like everyone else. Not a superstar. Not a hero.

Just a person.
    May 21, 2014. 11:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    It's ok. We had a private discussion and I understand where his frustration stems from. It is unreasonable for me to expect everyone to read my disclosures, Methodology, etc. Most people read an article and understandably think the content is the whole story.

This is a problem, because seeking extraordinary gains is more involved than simply buying and holding established companies. Some investors (like me) spent years learning the details and want to help others do the same...but it's VERY hard to explain decades of education in a 1,000 word article.

The BIGGER problem comes when miscommunication leads to losses. Instead of seeking clarification, those who take losses post frustrated barbs. Instead of finding out where the frustration stems from, analysts defend themselves, which only adds to the frustration.

Instead of a constructive dialog on how to improve communications, an all-out melee breaks out -- those who understand all of the nuances versus those who don't...and neither side is completely right, which makes everyone wrong in some way or the other.

It's a valuable lesson for me. Hopefully, it can serve as one for others who have been "losing money" and don't know what to make of it. While some people understand that this is just a normal correction, others do not. Everyone deserve a chance to understand what is happening to their investments.

I was lucky enough to have a mentor who walked me through it all. With a more friendly exchange of communications, I'm hopeful that knowledgable investors can help the rest have a chance to becoming more knowledgable.

If I'm wrong, people like me might be better off sticking with institutional customers. Too many people's hard earned money is at stake. Personally, I don't want to live with the guilt of their losses, even if my contribution is indirect, it's a contribution nonetheless.
    May 21, 2014. 08:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Getting back to business. Perhaps this would all be resolved if I made my picks binary. They could all be buy and hold picks until they 1) triple or 2) I give up on them.

No Risk/Reward Charts. No trading in and out. Just the way Warren Buffett teaches (I'm starting to see the "other" reasons why he believes in buying and holding -- less confusion and drama). I'm still learning.

The bottom line is this. Bartleby is right -- Risk/Reward Chart are a time consuming pain. For the past 20+ years (5 years on Seeking Alpha) my picks have done well enough without having to trade them too. I choose to use them because they enhance my gains (and customers pay PTT a premium for them, which funds further research).

Personally, I'd rather get back to doing what I do best (researching companies) than spend time bickering with strangers on a comments board. Not a great use of our time. My methods aren't worth your aggravation.

Think about it.
    May 21, 2014. 04:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Hi All,

My company has initiated a legal investigation on the anonymous Seeking Alpha user, buyandhold. It's a first for us, but warranted in this case. Twitter and Seeking Alpha have already both been notified. The individual has "close ties" in my building of residence and has decided to disparage me for some yet unknown reason.

Everyone has detractors and I respect 99% of mine. However, this one has failed and refused to do an in-depth analysis before spreading defamatory/libelous comments around the Internet. They have also ignored data provided to show their statements to be false. Even my harshest critics admit when they are wrong (just as I admit when I am...after all, we're only human).

Officials in my building are being notified and photographs (shown in my Instablog here: http://bit.ly/RVdHAn) have been circulated to pinpoint B&H's specific point of origin (before obtaining a legal go-ahead to obtain their personal information from Twitter and Seeking Alpha). My preference is for us to have a face-to-face meeting to address the issue before we're forced to make a public spectacle of this situation and individual.

It's pretty clear that I've done something to personally upset this person. Either that, or I'm just a good source of attention. Either way, I feel bad for the individual and hope we can resolve this amicably before it's too late.

In the meantime, it is best to simply ignore "buyandhold".

Kindest Regards,