Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • GT Advanced Technologies' Next Frontier: Sapphire Composite Cover Screens For Mobile Devices And Point-Of-Sale Scanners [View article]
    Great work, Matt. Welcome to the PTT Research team! http://bit.ly/1hI67iA
    May 23, 2014. 02:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung/LG seen eying sapphire as Gorilla Glass alternative; GTAT jumps [View news story]
    Congrats to PTT Research's new analyst, Matt Margolis for an incredible call on this!
    May 23, 2014. 02:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Steve,

Your point regarding GLUU is actually one of two recurring themes that I am 100% focused on resolving (the other is my uncanny, but unintentional ability to come across like a self-appointed-god...aka horse's ass).

Without question, I absolutely did NOT discuss GLUU's ascent to the high-end of its R/R channel publicly. I try to avoid making trading calls because I simply don't know how / when my stocks will achieve their rightful valuations. HOWEVER, for those wish to trade my picks (many), I provide my R/R methods.

This is clearly the root of the problem...and TOTALLY MY FAULT.

I've been drawing R/R Charts for years, so I likely 1) underestimate how challenging they really are to draw and/or 2) have done a bad job of describing how to do it. Also, as a Buffett/Lynch disciple, I'm straying from their teachings by trying to apply a trading aspect to my fundamental picks.

I would love your thoughts on a solution. I can't provide trading updates (time consuming & not my core strength), so it may be best for me to focus on a buy-n-hold rhetoric and hire an accredited technician to serve as a combined technical/RR expert. You've been following me for a long time, so your opinion carries a lot of weight with me. When you get hurt, it bothers me more than you might think.

On a lesser scale, this is true of ANY investor. I'm only here to help. Servicing Wall Street customers is much easier (they understand market gyrations, don't bash my picks when they drop, and don't accuse me of pumping)...but helping PEOPLE feels so much better. Some stories actually bring a tear to my eyes. I have enough money, but I can never have enough tears of fulfillment.

Thus, I hope this turns out to be a good thing. It's a chance to clear the air and eliminate some of my weaknesses, so people can use me for the few things I'm actually good at.

Many thanks for time and patience my friend.

Mark G.

p.s. I also need to figure out how to deal with bashers when my picks go through a pullback. I honestly believe that some of my actions and reactions stem from the desire to explain / defend myself. Just some insight into my personal psyche...
    May 23, 2014. 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thank you Gino. Cheers.
    May 23, 2014. 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thanks Johnny...and sorry about DLIA. The timing was clearly too soon on that one. I should have identified that risk and spelled it out. The harsh winter and retail downfall only made things worse. Could still be a great turnaround, but my fundamental timing was off (as was the stock timing, but I can never forecast that).

Many thanks
    May 23, 2014. 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Kid M,

Thanks! FYI, I HAVE made some horrible picks, but not AERO (at least not yet). RMKR and ATRN come to mind. Putrid picks. AERO doing well and that's all I ask from my investments. The stock is also up from the price when we gave it to our members, though certainly down from when Seeking Alpha published it (http://bit.ly/1ibezHC)

The stock will follow in due time if the company keeps doing well. Investing legends tell us that all the time: 4:30 of this video http://bit.ly/1k0T6Rk and 24:00 of this one http://bit.ly/1sLE6Mr

Thanks again for all your feedback. It's wise and well-taken. I will take it to heart.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 23, 2014. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    FYI, my new colleague, Matt Margolis just hit his first home run.

On Monday, he released "GTAT’s Next Frontier: Conquering the Entire Mobile Device Cover Market" to PTT Research subscribers.

Today, the stock is ripping on news that validated his call. Check him out!

http://bit.ly/1gWvIdr … $GTAT
    May 23, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    There are pros and cons to accepting payment. Most notably, the payment they offer can't dent our research / employee budget. Thanks for the encouragement regard the message boards. I understand and appreciate it.

OK, time for work. I'll check the rest of the comments at a later time. Cheers all.
    May 23, 2014. 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    You're "just an independent observer", but you know your craft. So, thanks again for the feedback.
    May 23, 2014. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Sure You're Not Being Scammed [View instapost]
    Thank you Paulo. I respect your integrity as an analyst, so I value your words and would love detailed feedback on how to fix that.

My #1 goal is to be helpful, while generating enough revenue pay for the analysts and resources to research my selections. I don't do this for money (I'm 43 now and was blessed with more than enough Wall Street clients and money before starting on Seeking Alpha in 2009).

I do it help.

But I obviously need help on communicating better. My strength is analysis, not interpersonal skills (if that isn't obvious by now). Any feedback in a personal email would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    May 23, 2014. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    This addresses Buyandhold's comment here http://bit.ly/1k0T8bU

Thank you (and others, like Steve Driscoll) for posting your issues without the personal attacks. A constructive dialog comes across much differently than those who just jump to conclusions. Remember, there are short sellers who can scare investors into selling by discrediting my picks -- reverse pumpers.

If you are not one of them, the best way to distinguish yourself is to be constructive and caring in your dialog.

With that being said, I AGREE with much of what you say. For my price tag, I better be NEAR perfect (nobody is perfect). I should DEFINITELY be right more than most for the price. Agreed.

Of course, I DO (and will) make bad calls. However, the good one must COMPLETELY overwhelm them or I'm worthless to you. Just remember, that some of my GOOD calls might act poorly before they really take off. That's because stocks take time to develop. Go to 1:00, 3:37, 4:30, and 24:00 of this video http://bit.ly/1k0T6Rk

(The video is not by me. It's by one of the greatest fund managers ever. After you look at it, think about the two quarters GLUU has delivered on my watch and then tell me what the problem is.)

Perhaps I have come across as a stock timer? If so, I GREATLY APOLOGIZE. I'm am NOT. I'm a stock analyst. My first pick here (LIOX) rose initially, but then got cut in half before finally tripling (435 days later). My free website says all of this, but if an investor doesn't read it, they may have no way of knowing.

It also has a Performance Tracker with links to proof of my entry and exit points. What more can someone want? That's not rhetorical. I want to know (because I care). I also want to know this -- if you buy my picks without reading those documents, who is to blame, a) you or b) me? Also not rhetorical.

If you say the answer is "b", I want your input on how to fix that.

You're here because something about me attracted you to my picks. What was it? Calling HIMX in Google? Apple doing business with PXLW. Pumpers and scammers don't make fundamental calls like that. So the problem must lie elsewhere...and I'm sure I am at least partly to blame.

Let's figure it out.

B&H, you say that I'm "extremely vague and spin everything in your favor no matter which way the stock goes"

Thank you for that feedback. I don't intend to come across this way. I'd like to talk to guys like you and Steve about how to fix that. I don't like being wrong, but it comes with the territory and I have to be a man and face my bad call when I make them.

You also say "your picks have been slaughtered this year and you seemed to have graduated some while your followers have held on........they didn't know"

I think you NAILED it with this comment. There is ONE thing that has separated most of the readers who are defending me versus those who are upset. That one thing is my Methodology. If you read it you are PROBABLY defending me. If you have NOT read it, you probably think I'm a scam artist.

...and I AM WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT. It's part of MY job to make sure people read the instruction manual. However, I talk about it all the time, so I'm at a loss.

If you lost money on my picks, PLEASE send me a Direct Message.

I WANT to know how to make sure people read my Methodology. I also want to know how to make it clearer. I also want to NOT come across as cocky. Those are all bad things...and I want to FIX them.

A pumper lives by the "sucker born every minute rule". They're right. If you hide in anonymity and market to enough people, you will get rich and who cares if you burn people? A new customer will take their place. Exposing them is noble, but is honestly a waste of time. Their marketing dollars reach more people than Twitter or Seeking Alpha chat boards. Trust me, I have all of my company's traffic stats.

So, understand this...I could be making more money by posting some b.s. video than posting here...but I'm HERE...because I CARE.

Reach out to me. Send me a Direct Message. Help me use my talents more effectively. Be my coach, so I can a valuable member of your team. After all, B&H, you compared me to a professional athlete. When one of your pro players has a bad stretch, you don't cut or trade him (at least not right away)...you figure out what's wrong with his mechanics.

Steve, B&H, and anyone else...Direct Message me.

I want to be clear and valuable to you.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 23, 2014. 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Excuse me if I take the rest of the week away, everyone. A long weekend awaits and I'd like to focus on my strength and love -- analyzing companies :)

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 09:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Words to live by. I usually do, but this one tested me. There were factors that many didn't see. Nonetheless, I should be prepared for any injustice. Indeed, my communications aren't always perfect, nor my selections. Thus, to incur an occasional wrath is inevitable, but that which does not kill me...

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Abdullah,

Your points are well taken, but your comment about my picks was off. While many of my picks are indeed small, most are not penny stocks. In fact, my average initiation price has been $7.72 ($3.37 for my Speculative picks, but those are just 9 of the dozens of picks I've made...perhaps they make more of an impression than the rest). Also, I don't have the market cap stats, but the average looks to be comfortably in the 9 figures.

But this is how it starts. Someone makes a GREAT point, but one stray comment somehow insults the other party, leading to a negative exchange instead of a positive one (which is clearly your good intent here).

Just understand that my stats are 100% honest. I'm not a penny stock picker. I'm an "any stock picker". In exchange, I'll understand the great point you were making and call you a friend with some good advice.

My apologies to anyone whose ire I may have raised, directly or indirectly. My intent to be positive and help, but it's tougher than most might think. I'll keep striving to improve. If I fail, I'll respectfully bow out. Lord know that nobody needs another liability in this world :)

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 01:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    One day (hopefully soon) we'll all get it right. The Internet has helped to even the odds. It holds the promise to enable Main Street investors to band together and all profit like the big guys do.

The challenge is 1) understanding whose heart is in the right place versus those who have selfish motives and 2) effective communications, because it's very hard to teach 20 years worth of concepts to thousands of people without personal tutelage (which is impossible to do for thousands of people).

My team is trying hard to do both, but it's expensive and challenging. However, it's also worth it when we hear about the lives we help.

Again, a friendlier dialog from those we unintentionally hurt will make it easier to figure out the gaps in the communication / education system we're trying to build. Remember, having gone from nothing to something, I just want to help others, like those who helped me.

There are many like me...and we're all just normal people (with feelings), like everyone else. Not a superstar. Not a hero.

Just a person.