Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Making Money On M&A - The Deferred Revenue Factor [View article]
    LOL. What I write and what you read seem to be very different things. FYI, Rich Davis' note discussed that same risks that were outlined in this article...and investors were ok with it (obviously).

It appears that you aren't ok with identifying and acknowledging risks. That's ok, because you appear to be the only one.

Risks are 50% of what professional investors pay to hear about. This way, IF the stock temporarily falls, they know WHY (in advance). That's what makes them professionals.

But if you want to look at this as a debate, I’ll gladly tell you that DWCH is up and offer congratulations. It appears easier than the alternative. ;^)

Cheers!
    Sep 6 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    I will share this tidbit from Rich's report though: "due to accounting treatment, DWCH will not recognize the full value of Panopticon initially"

So there you go.

As I said, Freddy, I like DWCH and have been trying to be collaborative, not combative. Accounting facts are accounting facts.

Cheers.
    Sep 6 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    I've known Rich Davis personally for 10+ years. Him and I agree and understand the pros AND cons and HOW the stock can get to his price target (and beyond).

I'd share that, if I thought you'd listen, but you clearly know the whole story already ;^)

Cheers!
    Sep 6 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money On M&A - The Deferred Revenue Factor [View article]
    Sorry Freddy,

You don't seem interested in a constructive discussion about ALL of the facts regarding a company we BOTH like, so please take no offense if I no longer reply to your comments or questions.

Best of Luck,

Mark G.
    Sep 6 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    Couldn't agree more with this.
    Cheers John!
    Sep 5 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebutting The Bear Case On Pixelworks [View article]
    Cheers Mike!
    Sep 5 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    The stock was $23.13 when they ann'd the deal closure. Our model says there's a ~65% chance that the stock underperforms the market by ~15% over the next four months or so. After that, there's an equally high probability that the stock greatly outperforms the market.

In other words, I believe you are right about the stock, but see a 65% chance that you will be disappointed in the short-term. 65%...not 100%.

Remember, I don't invest by gut feel. I invest via what the research has proven to work over 20+ years worth of studies. This is the secret to making 7-figures annually.

You can heed my studies or not. The choice is 100% yours. I respect whichever path you choose. Personally, I choose to blindly follow what makes the most money...so as much as my gut wants to agree with you, my head tells me that the research has made me millions, while my gut is closer to 50/50.

Hope the helps,

Mark G.
    Sep 4 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Tests Satellite Network - Globalstar Poised For Launch [View article]
    FSYank,

I like your style. You're doing your homework!

However, LightSquared was LightSquared and GSAT is GSAT. If you Google the two together, you'll find a sordid trail. Suffice it to say that GSAT's aspirations would simply put a cherry on top of its existing business, which I believe is worth more than the value of the stock today.

FierceWireless said it best when they said that GSAT was "cognizant of the troubles that befell LightSquared" and "said in its filing that it 'is not proposing any terrestrial use of its spectrum that would compromise the accuracy or dependability of Global Positioning System ("GPS") services.'"

Basically, if things go wrong, the stock is still worth at least what it's going for, in my opinion. If things go right, it's worth much much more.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Sep 2 09:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    I cannot agree. I have spoken to technical experts and they are not in direct competition to the extent to which you believe.
    Sep 2 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global PC shipments expected to fall 9.7% in 2013: IDC [View news story]
    Actually, STX and WDC benefit from this dynamic. The move to tablets has increased the need for storage in the cloud (which is part of the reason why these stocks have performed so well).

Cloud storage requires about 3GB for every 1GB that would exist in an equivalent laptop. The reason is that storing data in the cloud requires more back-up, geographic redundancy, etc. People take chances with their storage, but cloud storage vendors can't take such risks with client data.

This is part of why STX has been part of the PoisedToTriple portfolio since it was under $18 (it is now $38+, good for 53% annualized since we highlighted it): http://seekingalpha.co...
    Aug 29 11:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QAD Delivers A Beat And Raise Quarter [View article]
    Cheers Enphlight!
    Aug 29 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebutting The Bear Case On Pixelworks [View article]
    BINGO. I think we're on the same exact page. I just happen to be a bit more aggressive about getting in early and having faith in the way the data points appear to be lining up. Nothing wrong with being a bit more patient/conservative/p... though. My blood pressure would argue that it's wiser to wait for a bit more in the way of results!

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Aug 29 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebutting The Bear Case On Pixelworks [View article]
    You're generally thinking about it the right way. I'm just making the call a bit early, which will pay handsomely if I'm right (everything will present itself as fact too late for people to catch it at these levels). As usual, I have confidence. Cheers.
    Aug 29 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau's Big Data Beat And Raise: What's Next? [View article]
    Hi Freddy,

There's no right or wrong. I LIKE DWCH. However, our research (published at poisedtotriple.com) shows that the odds favor weakness in the stock for the next few months, before a resumption of the up trend. I've used this research to buy, sell, and then rebuy several stocks that I liked.

You can choose to ignore it, but I've made extra profits 66% of the time using this method. I can't make the call as to whether this will be one of them, but I prefer to take the safe bet (even when I like the stock). Decisions like that can make a 6-7 figure difference over time.

That being said, we can make it a right or wrong thing for bragging rights ;^) Either way, I expect DWCH to do well over the next 12 months (mainly the latter 8 of those).

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Aug 29 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Tests Satellite Network - Globalstar Poised For Launch [View article]
    Steve,

Impossible to say at this time. HIMX may disclose this in their SEC filings (or it may be extrapolated from what they are required to disclose). I'll keep an eye open. Suffice it to say, Google saw value in making this deal, presumably because it believes it will be driving business and capital gains to HIMX.

Kindest Regards,