Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    That transparent, huh? I guess I'll have to refrain from commenting from now on ;)

Truth be told, I actually will need to lessen my commenting appearances here. Other responsibilities beg my time.

Nice read & Cheers!
    May 30, 2014. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu's Secondary Offering Is Bullish [View article]
    I'm sure that's what you're hoping they do ;)
    May 30, 2014. 06:57 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu's Secondary Offering Is Bullish [View article]
    Larry,

Material estimates and conclusions are often communicated to the public in step-fashion. I'm not talking about inside information -- I'm talking about material information and/or estimates that are derived via legal means (a "mosaic", as taught to CFA Level I candidates).

My entire career has revolved around providing investors with such data. First (starting in 1994), to institutions via IDC, AMR Research, and Pipeline Data. To help even the odds for individual investors, I semi-retired in 2008 and started donating time to Seeking Alpha in 2009.

I now offer Main Street investors with early access to my institutional-grade research & findings via PTT Research and my free PoisedToTriple newsletter. The majority of revenue goes toward resources, analysts, back-end expenses, and interns whom I mentor.

Hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 30, 2014. 06:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Well, you provided GREAT counter-arguments too. That's actually more important. Marketing is part of my job, but determining the truth is far more important. Have a great night, sir!
    May 30, 2014. 12:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I can accept that. I've certainly seen my share of failure when dealing with Speculative names.

That being said, my overall my experience has been fruitful: http://bit.ly/14zls2d
    May 29, 2014. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I greatly respect your opinion. I'm also more-than-willing to admit the shareholders COULD "get soaked", because it's true.

However, to not acknowledge that virtually any stock is attractive at the right price feels a bit myopic (no offense meant). Have you never seen a company with a broken business model survive...or hapless management team get replaced by one that succeeded?

That's ALL I'm saying. If you don't agree, so be it.

Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 29, 2014. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I agree with this...assuming they continue to burn cash at the current rate.

Thus, the bear case and the bull case are both laid out. Both are valid hypotheses. The trick is to calculate the odds of each one coming to pass and what each will mean for the stock. That will enable one to calculate the weighted-average price at which risk and reward are attractive.

At the right price, virtually any stock is attractive.
    May 29, 2014. 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Well, that's a different story...and one that I'm always aware of ;)

Truth be told, I tend to resist doing write-ups that readers request, even if I plan on doing one. I don't want readers to start thinking they have sway in determining what I write

In other words, it's best not to lobby -- it helps me to attain great serenity in my day to day, which makes me a more valuable analyst for you ;)

Many thanks for your care and readership!

Mark G.
    May 29, 2014. 08:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Bazooka,

I never write to prop a stock...only to state facts. FYI, secondaries don't always trade down.

Just look at the last secondary for GLUU and ATTU. They both traded down at the opening bell the next day, but traded straight up from there. $7.00 to $12.00 in 3 1/2 months for ATTU and $2.00 to $5.50 in 6 months for GLUU.

Investors should categorize secondaries as "survival capital" or "growth capital". When it's the former, it's often a problem. When it's the latter, it's usually a great benefit to the company and its shareholders.

FYI, for a private company a public round of "growth capital" is a.k.a. an IPO...

Inexperienced investors may choose to disagree, but those of us who have been around these deals for decades know better. Trust me, I used to feel the same way about them...

Cheers,

Mark G.
    May 29, 2014. 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money On M&A - The Deferred Revenue Factor [View article]
    Freddy,

Congratulations, but I'm not getting publicly involved.

I may or may not own the stock from time to time, but that will remain a private matter (or shared with my paying customers only) due to the acrimonious nature of the people who follow this stock (present company included).

I can personally profit from this and other stocks without the drama that comes with some of them. Time is money and peace of mind is precious. I wish you both.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    May 29, 2014. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Globalstar Triples - These Stocks Are Next [View article]
    Presentation slides from GSAT's latest investor presentation can be found here: http://bit.ly/1mwS02W Cheers!
    May 29, 2014. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    In my opinion, your comment is incorrect (or simply incomplete). Dilution is almost always bad for the next-day stock price, but usually not bad news for the company.

See my article on GLUU's offering, including details of the offering (going out to PTT customers as we speak) for more. It will be released to subscribers of my free newsletter shortly after. http://bit.ly/TY9FJ9
    May 29, 2014. 07:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Hi all,

FYI, we just delivered my take on the GLUU secondary to all subscribers of my free Poised To Triple Insider. http://bit.ly/13nKItI Cheers!
    May 29, 2014. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Glu Mobile Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    We delivered my take on the GLUU secondary to all subscribers to my free Poised To Triple Insider. http://bit.ly/13nKItI Cheers!
    May 29, 2014. 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    FYI, my full analysis of DLIA's Q1 results was just released to all subscribers to my free Poised To Triple Insider. http://bit.ly/13nKItI
    May 29, 2014. 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment