Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tripling Your Money [View instapost]
    Broker,

I agree with most of what you say. However your last statement is only true if I let it be.

I started writing on Seeking Alpha with zero retail customers. I now have thousands of paying subscribers and tens of thousands of followers. Of course, there will always be the detractors who don't bother to do their complete due diligence on me or judge me based on A small window of performance. If just 1% fit this profile, there are hundreds of them.

However, I'm not interested in those investors. I can only help those who are willing to help themselves. Thankfully, the detractors only draw additional attention to my work. No matter how negative their rhetoric, they only prove that no PR is bad PR.

So, as I look at things from that perspective, I feel that I really can't lose. I can take a few sticks and stones for the sake of helping to change a few lives :)

Thanks & Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 4, 2014. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    Sounds a lot like the risk/reward section of my Methodology. Well done, friend.

As for a hedge fund, I'm an analyst and don't want to pretend to be anything else. If I ever start a fund (which is being discussed), it will be in conjunction with a reputable bank and a reputable portfolio manager, with reputable traders. Stay tuned ;)
    Nov 3, 2014. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tripling Your Money [View instapost]
    Keith,

VERY astute observation. That hasn't gone unnoticed. In an attempt to combat this, I have a couple of experts working on a free "training course".

It will be designed enable investors to assess their ability to grasp the Methodology and determine if it is right for them. Indeed, some people can "learn to fly a plane" (most of my paying members), while others are destined for other modes of transportation... which is not a bad thing (just different).

With any luck, this will give some investors the signal to move on before they get hurt, while letting others know that my ways are worth pursuing.

Thanks for the feedback. It confirmed some of our thinking (and then some).

Best wishes to you as well,

Mark G.
    Nov 3, 2014. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Jill,

Despite our differences, I do apologize for the misspelling of you name. I meant no disrespect.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 3, 2014. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Funny, Seeking Alpha tells a very different story: http://bit.ly/1wVBzWJ

Nonetheless, it's clear that my methods are not for you. Thus, I have been perplexed by why folks like you continue to waste valuable time here. You could be elsewhere making money. To be clear, I'm being serious, not sarcastic. I had a similar discussion with Jill Kilgore not long ago.

The only other reason you'd be here is to disparage me (or "expose me as a pump") to the public, but I've repeated stated that this strategy always backfires. Indeed, I actually have more paying members now than I did a month ago, which boggles the mind, since my picks have had a rough few months. I guess this is why the real "pumps" make millions. It's actually quite sickening.

Anyways, it just goes to show that no PR is bad PR.

So, I wish you well... or thank you for your continued comments (which will surely drive more people to my websites to see what I'm all about). Indeed, our analytics show that a decent % of investors visit us from here (which is now the main reason why I make comments here)... and many of them like what they see (as opposed to what you say) and sign up.

It's not my favored way of winning new business, but so be it. There are many things we cannot control. Besides, it's a free country, so I respect your God-given right to live and do as you choose.

Either way, you have my Kindest Regards :)

Mark G.
    Nov 2, 2014. 08:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    GNU,

I wish you well.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 2, 2014. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    I always pay attention to the advice of successful people with more experience than I have. Enpase just offered a generous helping.

Enpase,

Thank you, sir. Helping Main Street investors is a daunting challenge. Most:

* think it's a game
    * don't think beyond the current quarter
    * think they have the expertise of a professional
    * confuse stock movement with company value
    * pay too much attention to Street estimates
    * don't attend earnings calls
    * don't have a methodology
    * think being 100% long is always a good idea
    * don't believe that discretion is sometimes the better part of valor

...and respond to professional offerings of wisdom with skepticism and debate.

Thankfully, most of our paying customers exhibit few of these character flaws. They are grateful, respectful, and patient (even in the face of an incredibly challenging few months). I am blessed for this and emboldened to keep working hard for them.

As for Seeking Alpha, my efforts here are winding down. The site has lost its effectiveness as a PR channel (buying ads here is more efficacious) even as the audience become unjustifiably combative.

It has served it purpose well. My 5+ year track record has been memorialized by Seeking Alpha. Anyone who does their due diligence will find all the quantitative (% outperformance) and qualitative (HIMX/GOOG; PXLW/AAPL calls) evidence to determine if the volatility and losses associated with my method are worth the wins and long-term results.

For those who don't, I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully they find / have found a path to success that suits them.

Indeed, there are many in an industry where everyone can win.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Nov 2, 2014. 04:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    JP,

Making a specific call on when GLUU would hit a certain price was a bad idea, so I won't repeat that mistake now. The COMPANY has done everything I could ask for, but the STOCK has done the opposite. Such is the life of an investor (vs. a trader).

I'm happy with the company and its progress, so I'm happy with my investment. Not happy to see people get hurt though, of course, so I'll be keeping my commentary consistent with the Methodology going forward and keep my predictions focused on fundamentals, as opposed to where the stock should go. I've made a career doing the former (HIMX/GOOG, PXLW/AAPL, LGF/HungerGames, FB/Mobile, etc.), but certainly not the latter (GLUU & JAKK have been prime examples of late).

I love the valuations, but can't say when masses will come to agree.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. For customers who haven't heard, my live Q&A starts in 15 mins (7PM ET). Check email for your invitation. Cheers.
    Oct 30, 2014. 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Stifel: "Glu Mobile reported adj. EBITDA of $15.398 million (vs. $4 million loss), which was ahead of both our est. and consensus ($12 million) on non-GAAP revenue of $83.55 million (+270%)" Price target $8

Needham: "GLUU - Everything You Want In a Beat And Raise. Maintain Strong
    Buy" Price target $8

There will be many differing opinions on this stock today (and for the near future), but a DCF analysis (the gold standard for valuing equities) shows that the COMPANY is worth more today, even if the STOCK declines in price.

Say what you want, but there's a difference, and that difference is what separates successful long-term investors from the rest. Otherwise, nobody would outperform.
    Oct 30, 2014. 09:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Final thought of the evening:

So it's perfectly clear, when I said that I am sub-par at guessing when a STOCK will achieve fair value, that was me admitting that I was wrong as it pertains to the title of this article. For that, I owe everyone a mea culpa.

However, the COMPANY has performed more than admirably.

The performance of STOCKS and COMPANIES should always be intertwined. However, in the short-term that is often not the case. Cheers.

p.s. My thanks to those of you who sent supportive messages. Not to worry. When you have thousands of followers, the most hateful 1% equates to dozens... and their rhetoric can be deafening. But just go back and see what they said when I predicted that HIMX was in GOOG or that PXLW would be in AAPL.

Rest assured, I'm used to it. I've been here for well over 5 years. ;)
    Oct 29, 2014. 11:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Fund managers.
    Oct 29, 2014. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Dan,

Contact me via SA email and I'll make sure you get first shot at me during a live Q&A session I will be hosting this week. You can ask anything you like and report what you like to the Seeking Alpha audience. It's an easy way for you to expose a "pump" like me. Great opportunity. If your time requires payment, I can arrange for that.

I call it like I see it. I'm NOT always right (only about 70% of the time). My DLIA pick was garbage. Also, I am SUB-par at guessing WHEN a stock will achieve fair value. However, Seeking Alpha has tracked my performance and it beats the market by 20%+. That's a 5 year track record.

For the record, every one of my current selections has reported earnings that meet with MY satisfaction. GLUU was above the midpoint of Q3 guidance ($82.5M -- they can't help what the Street chooses to do) and crushed the EPS estimate by 54%. They ALWAYS guide conservatively, as anyone who follows them knows.

Your background shows that you are a professional, so I KNOW that you know that earnings reports aren't all about the Street's revenue and EPS estimates. You clearly know there's more to it than that... and you must clearly have been on the call, because that's what professionals do.

So, I invite you to grill me publicly on the coming call. I hope the rest of the readers encourage you to accept. It should be easy enough to shame me.

I await your email.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Oct 29, 2014. 11:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    p.s. I have requested for Seeking Alpha to monitor this board and remove anything offensive, including Matt's comment.

Negative opinion is fine, but let's keep it civil. Kindest regards and have a good night.
    Oct 29, 2014. 06:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Stepup, I don't condone Matt's comment, nor do I wish anyone to comment on Strack's opinion. He's entitled.

However, as I just stated, ALL professionals know that the value of a company is the present value of its future cash flows (DCF)... and GLUU delivered a lot more of that than people expected. Revenue is not a key component of a DCF analysis.
    Oct 29, 2014. 06:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    No sugar coating the fact that this is disappointing from the perspective of how investors now look at things, but true investing is no longer mainstream.

ALL professionals know that the value of a company is the present value of its future cash flows (DCF). Well, this company delivered a lot more of that than people expected. Revenue is not a key component of a DCF analysis.
    Oct 29, 2014. 06:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment