Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    Buba,

I made the mistake of making a short-term call on GLUU before. I'm just an analyst. Definitely not a trader. My skill is calculating the proper value of a stock. I can't make it go there or predict when it will. I'll be staying humble and true to that ONE skill going forward...because it's a damn good one.

I can give you my opinion that GLUU is worth much more than $5. Many people are skeptical, but blind skepticism is why investors miss a lot of hit home runs. Is GLUU guaranteed to succeed? Of course not. However, if they do succeed, the reward will be multiples of the current price. If they fail to achieve escape velocity, the stock will probably get cut in half... but even if it goes to zero, the risk is well worth the potential, especially considering how they've been executing.

They haven't missed an EPS estimate in years and management keeps making great acquisitions and plans for future growth http://yhoo.it/1tVoXrV

That's a recipe for investing success -- buy into great risk/reward situations and take the good with the bad, because the good will pay you more than the bad will take away. The key is to utilize industry experts to help you confirm that the risk/reward is what it seems. For me, that's critical, because nobody can know everything about an industry unless their career is tied to that industry.

Hope that helps!

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:22 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    Part II will be coming soon. In the meantime, you can read more of my recent research here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI
    Feb 7, 2015. 09:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 & 2015 Performance Metrics [View instapost]
    This is in response to those of you who have requested it.

As always, please remember to read and follow the Methodology at PoisedToTriple.com. It's the instruction manual for how to play my picks... and therefore required reading if you wish to optimize your results.

Cheers!
    Feb 6, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile And Aerogrow Jumped 20%+ On Wednesday… What's Next? [View instapost]
    Thanks for the kind emails everyone :)
    Feb 6, 2015. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Hi,

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I especially believe that Sellinpanic's sentiments are extremely spot-on. My ways are not for everyone. Following the Methodology is hard work and takes effort. Not everyone has that spare time and energy to give. For those who do, MY picks have provided great returns (OVER TIME).

"Over time" is part of why my way isn't for everyone. Over certain stretches, owning SPY will be easier... and more profitable. However, my track record (publicly available on SA and at PTT) show that my 20 year performance as an institutional consultant / analyst has continued throughout most of my 6 years as a "public" (SA and PTT) analyst. Just not over the past 4 months.

Everyone has a rough stretch from time to time.

Therein lies the choice. My way generates more money in exchange for more frustration. I can't (and won't) fault anyone for choosing one way or the other.

Regardless of how you choose, I wish EVERYONE the best of fortune.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 5, 2015. 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu +4.4% on insider buys [View news story]
    Check your SA email account.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu +4.4% on insider buys [View news story]
    I've been posting most of my comments in the PTTResearch Members Forum (mainly to avoid getting into time-wasting arguments with bearish retail investors), but it should be noted that the last insider transaction for each of my recent picks has been a purchase. This was capped by last week's $1M investment in GLUU by director Abony Lorne.

More on the other picks here -- http://bit.ly/1dFmXQ5
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    I've been posting most of my comments in the PTTResearch Members Forum (mainly to avoid getting into time-wasting arguments with bearish retail investors), but it should be noted that the last insider transaction on each of these stocks has been a purchase.

This was capped by last week's $1M investment in GLUU by director Abony Lorne.
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Cheers Med.
    Dec 7, 2014. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    p.s. Though not a biotech expert, I have solid knowledge in the area of longevity (because of it close ties to Masters exercise physiology -- see my book, entitled "Faster Than Forty"). If my recollection serves, telomerase inhibition (the hallmark of Geron's experimental drug) will shorten the lifespan of cancer cells... but also that of the host's other cells. Thus, if successful at inhibiting telomerase, the drug will likely be similar to chemotherapy, a non-differentiating cell destroyer, which basically makes survival a race to see which dies first, the cancer or the host (again, assuming that my knowledge on the mechanism is correct).

My other concern is that decreased telomerase may also stimulate the formation of new cancers, even as it kills the incumbent one.

I'm no expert, but these are the things I'd be wary of. Be sure to research those aspects of their story with an independent expert. Indeed, I believe that consulting with independent experts is the key to expanding upon Peter Lynch's massively successful "invest in what you know" approach. It is also the foundation of my investment research methodology.
    Dec 7, 2014. 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Gotta follow the rules of the Methodology (as stated in my articles and profile). Proper portfolio management plays a big part in success/failure and varies from investment style to investment style. Some use buy and hold, some use stop-losses, and some do "are you diversified?". Mine uses "The Methodology" which is free to the public at PoisedToTriple.com

Nothing is strange about this year. More of my picks happened to mature in 2013, but my picks aren't designed or timed to mature at any specific time. Of course, sooner is always better, but The Methodology tells us to be prepared to wait as many as 2-3 years to cash in (for example, even in a bull market, STX took a little over 2 years to triple).

Overall, I haven't had a negative 24-month period since 1996. For those who are patient and follow the rules, 40% annually should be very doable, which has been my experience over the past 18 years. Not surprising, since The Methodology mixes the best lessons from legends like Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch...

Speaking of which: MedGuy, Geron is outside of my areas of expertise. Even looking at it would violate one of Peter Lynch's key rules (to invest in what you know). Thanks for the recommendation though.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Dec 7, 2014. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Yes you were.

As a reminder to all, I provided public notification to sell DLIA months ago at $0.79 via my Portfolio Tracker, which is free to follow: http://bit.ly/14zls2d

I also followed up with a free video, warning about the bankruptcy risk for DLIA, as well as TPCS and GSAT. http://bit.ly/1yq2h5K

It's important to know that about 30% of my picks end with a loss. However, the other 70% go up an average of 100-200%. That averages out to about 100% per pick (about 40% annual returns). The key to these returns is to know when to wave the white flag on the losers.

It also requires patience. You will notice that my picks can do almost anything in the first 3-6 months, but truly reveal themselves after 12-24 months. Most flourish. http://seekingalpha.co...

Making extraordinary returns requires precision in one's method and acceptance of picking losers some % of the time. My method was developed over the course of a 20-year Wall Street career with the help of several Wall Street pros. I provide all the details for free here: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Dec 6, 2014. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Ain't that the truth, Freddy. I've never been invincible though. Throughout my 5+ years on Seeking Alpha (and 20+ year career, I've had hot streaks and cold streaks). In this game, nobody gains 40% a year by gaining 3% every single month ;) That being said, I haven't lost $$ in any 24-month period over the past 18 years. Not a bad combination of tricks.

As always, my method is designed to yield big winners 70% of the time and accept losers 30% of the time. Between the 70% that rise 100-200% and 30% that fall 20-30%, we get an average of about 100% per pick. With a 2-year timeframe, that's about 40% / year.

The key is always to stay humble enough to admit when you are wrong before the losses get a chance to go from modest to catastrophic. As always, the fundamentals guide the way. For example, I cut bait on DLIA with a 28% loss at 79-cents (as was publicly disclosed via PoisedToTriple's Performance Tracker). The fundamentals weren't playing out, partly because four-walls retail is dying. A few months later, I expressed my belief that it could go bankrupt... and today, it filed for bankruptcy.

Conversely, I feel very good about the fundamentals about the rest of my picks. They've all been executing well as BUSINESSES. The stocks are lagging, but should eventually catch up, as long as the long-term stories remain intact. So far, so good.

I hope all is well with you. Cheers.
    Dec 5, 2014. 03:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Sounds good. Everyone has their way and that's cool. Best wishes for continued success!
    Dec 5, 2014. 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    TRIVIA

Picture a stock with a $5 price target which is expected to do $128M in revenue and -$0.05 in EPS.

Now, imagine that they do $229M in revenue and +$0.24 EPS instead.

What should the stock price be?
    Dec 4, 2014. 08:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment