Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • QAD's (QADA) CEO Karl Lopker on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Another great quarter from PTT's star Value pick! http://bit.ly/14zls2d
    Aug 27 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Cheers everyone! Nice to see everyone working together. Good to see that people can understand that stock collaboration is much more valuable than competition. Until we're all billionaires, there plenty of profits to go around ;)
    Aug 25 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Niki,

Many thanks for your kind words and sage advice. You demonstrate the kind of maturity that is critical to long-term investing success!

As for your questions, it's important to understand that I'm not the secret sauce behind our picks. My success has been driven by the experts I hire to determine whether a company is "the real deal" or not. This gives our service a major advantage over any other offering for Main Street investors (FB, HIMX, STX, PXLW, LGF, etc).

To buy time with world-class experts, PTT has a six-figure research budget and a growing payroll of internal analysts. To support our budget (to keep making great picks for PTT... and Seeking Alpha), we need to provide our paying customers with enough value to justify our fees. Without them, we wouldn't have any picks to share with Seeking Alpha readers.

Thus, if the overwhelming majority of our paying customers believe that I should release my videos to the public and answer more questions (like yours, about insider trades), I will. However, to this point, our surveys indicate that they like the privileges they pay for and want to keep that information exclusive to them.

So...I will continue to provide the kind of free information I have provided here (especially now that I have returned from a month in Europe), but the amount I provide probably won't change until my bosses (PTT's paying members) command me to do so.

Kindest Regards & Best Wishes For Continued Prosperity,

Mark G.
    Aug 22 05:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    New information is added to the Methodology is frequently, but it is not changed. "10 Bagger or Bust" is still a category discussed there, counter to your misleading "if" comment.

To be clear, the Methodology is a challenging document to master. Those who have been up to the challenge have benefited greatly. Our Member Forums have HUNDREDS of members and Methodology discussions occur daily. Needless to say, if we were bending the Methodology to our whim, at least ONE of those hundreds would notice and spark a revolt.

My advice is simple: Don't nitpick over minutia.

No matter what method you use to judge me, you will find that my performance has been admirable. Some methods might say my picks earn 10% per year, while Seeking Alpha provides more flattering numbers, and my Performance Tracker shows the following:

Annual Pick Performance
    2009 Picks 200.0%
    2010 Picks 56.3%
    2011 Picks 45.6%
    2012 Picks 114.6%
    2013 Picks 96.9%

In other words, there's a wide range of results, depending on the method you use. In fact, if I created a new method focused on active trading (using my proprietary Risk/Reward Charts), my annual performance would be well into the triple digits.

In the end, all performance numbers are meaningless. What matters most is whether you buy into my methodology or not (and whether it makes you more or less successful). If not, you shouldn't be wasting your time on my method. I don't say that with any negative or sarcastic intent. It's just simple common sense... and it applies to any- and everyone. Indeed, my ways are not for everyone.

What matter most to me is 1) that I do my best to share what I've learned with anyone who might be interested in it, keeping my last comment in mind and 2) that I have earned close to 40% annually in my personal accounts going back to 1996 (13 years before I made my first public appearance)... and have the tax statements to prove it, should that ever become necessary.

I am at peace with my method and its success. If you don't like my method, your time is obviously best spent elsewhere. If nothing else, you will find (as I have) that my traffic figures actually INCREASE when critics come out of the woodwork. Critics unwittingly raise curiosity. Inevitably, those who investigate me closely tend to be intrigued with what they see.

It's true what they say -- "No PR is bad PR."

But it's not my intent to drum up business by being controversial. My sole intent is to help (and to attract subscribers to help fund my research efforts and pay my growing base of analysts).

So, while I appreciate the attention you draw to my business, my preference is that you achieve personal success. In that regard, your time is better spent seeking analysts that better suit your style.

My Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 21 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Clayton = Classic!
    Aug 21 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Jill,

Just so you know that I'm not afraid to say it -- As a 10 bagger or bust, TPCS was most certainly 100% a BUST.

Keep in mind that if one 10BorB goes +1000%, it makes up for nine busts. Accordingly, you should expect over 50% of 10BorB plays to go bust.

Of course, having followed me for some time, I'm confident that you know this from having read my Methodology -- otherwise, I would question why you would waste your time following me after your long history of discontentment. Certainly, faith in the Methodology would be the only logical reason.

Having read my Methodology, you are clearly aware of how to approach 10BorB picks. Specifically, they are not official PTT Portfolio picks. This has been the case for each of the 5+ years I have been on Seeking Alpha. Rather, they represent opportunities that merit consideration for a SMALL position in case they triple, but that decision should be made by the individual, with commensurate credit (or blame) for gains (or losses).

Simultaneously to its unofficial status as a 10BorB, TPCS was initiated as an official Speculative pick to triple when it prematurely dropped to 40-cents. It tripled to $1.20, sparking automatic graduation.

Mind you, I'm not "proud" of this pick, but the manner in which we played it (10BorB, followed by official status at a oversold level) is EXACTLY why the Methodology was created. It enabled students of the Methodology to profit from a situation that has ultimately failed.

But of course, having read the Methodology, you know that too... I hope.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. This is not directed at you, but it should be stated that I have NO sympathy for those who do not read the Methodology. I receive no compensation for my time on Seeking Alpha (versus the $2,000-3,000 an hour I command from institutions).

Why would I forego a few extra hours at $2,000-3,000/hour to help mistrustful (and even belligerent) investors? Because I must. God blessed me beyond my worthiness, so it is only fair that I provide some charitable service (Seeking Alpha, coaching children, and donating time to the community) in thanks.

However, if I give away blenders and you stick you hand inside instead of reading the instruction manual, guilt lies not with me.

I do all I can... and those efforts have resulted in 40,000+ followers and $millions in paying customers (which pay the salaries of numerous employees and dozens of industry consultants -- another benefit, for which I am proud). The majority of those customers understand the Methodology and profit from it. Of course, with 40,000+ followers, if 99% love me, that still leaves hundreds who don't.

I accept that burden for the thousands who do. Indeed, for all of God's blessing bestowed upon me, I can't help those who won't help themselves.

Good fortune to you all. ~MG
    Aug 20 04:44 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Greggo, I honestly can't say. Too many posts to sift through. Perhaps I mixed you up with someone else! Either way, I wasn't lashing back at anyone. Rather, I was merely attempting to clarify (with a little sarcasm mixed in). Sincere apologies for the confusion!
    Aug 20 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Greggo,

That is not something I provide as part of my donated services here. Extra handholding, updates, videos, etc. are reversed for premium members (whose fees pay for the research that appears for free on Seeking Alpha).

I hope it's not too much to ask free readers to go calculate the initiation price from my initial article (or simply look it up from poisedtotriple's free Portfolio Tracker: http://bit.ly/14zls2d)... and multiply by 3.

If it is too much to ask, I recommend 1) our premium services or 2) not following my selections (since following my picks without following the Methodology can lead to losses).

As you smartly stated, it's only reasonable for us to market our services, especially since we have a 10 person payroll and a six-figure research budget to cover. Indeed, that is the ONLY reason I have been able to make such good picks over time (and provide some of them for free here).

I'm simply not that smart on my own, so our freemium model works to benefit all :) I hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 20 11:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    Tromur does make a good point about my ownership of graduated picks. Allow me to clarify on that:

In the years leading up to my semi-retirement and first appearance on Seeking Alpha, I amassed a God-blessed nest egg. You may have noticed, but following my Methodology does NOT allocate 100% of your funds. Considering the size of my portfolio, I often retain a SMALL position in my picks, even after they triple. Readers should NOT follow suit, mainly because there's no way of knowing how much I retain (again, it is usually small).

In other words, readers should keep in mind that the rule of the Methodology comes first. In fact, my readers who have followed the Methodology (and associated Risk/Reward Charts) to the letter have been KILLING my performance. Many of them have become mentors in the Members' Forums on PTT Research's website.

I hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 20 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Cheers Scott.

Best wishes for great prosperity,

Mark G.
    Aug 18 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    It should work on a logarithmic scale. Arithmetic scales make shouldn't even exist in my opinion ;)
    Aug 18 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Gardesign,

The answer to questions like these can always be found in my public Methodology http://bit.ly/14oT7sj or public Portfolio Tracker http://bit.ly/14zls2d

My Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 17 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    GNU,

I rarely criticize others, but you obviously have not read my Methodology... and if you have, you clearly did not understand it. I make great efforts to encourage readers to read it. Thus, but I find it most surprising that someone with a handle that donates intelligence and respect-for-detail would fail to live by that moniker.

For your exclusive benefit (those who read / understand my Methodology don't require such benefit), ATTU graduated from my official portfolio when it officially tripled (+200%) from my initiation point. In fact, that event took place long ago (and in the SAME manner as every one my other past triples -- so the process should be well known / understood by now).

The rules of the Methodology (STILL free and public for you to read) contains ALL the information that ALL investors need to know abut how I operate. ALL is in caps, because the Methodology can be utilized by both paying and non-paying readers of my research. In fact, it is required reading in my opinion. Thus, commenting without knowledge of its contents is tantamount to ignorance...

...which again belies your actual intelligence, which your education clearly required. Based on some direct messages I have received, that notion is clear to many.

I mean you no disrespect, but I don't take kindly to uninformed attacks or cynicism. I endure enough "justified attacks" when my picks fail (after all, I am only human). However, ATTU was a winning pick. Was. Thus, the only disconnect here is between you and a document I took great pains to provide to ALL investors free of charge. It is my heartfelt hope that you will rectify the situation by reading my Methodology or ceasing to follow my work.

Failure to do so can do you -- and how you appear in this public forum -- no good.

In short, my methods, track record, and public reputation are keenly understood by most of the 40,000+ followers who are well-versed in my Methodology. I don't expect 100% to comprehend it, but I do expect that the rest will apply common sense by allocating their time to more fruitful endeavors.

My Sincerest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. as always, my Methodology is freely-available (without registration) here: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj
    Aug 17 01:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Thank you, Troy! It was an easy one.

I wish we could share all picks with everyone, but we have a huge research budget (which enables these picks). Thus, we have to charge for some things.

Accordingly, we provide some good picks here (see my performance numbers) to give a taste of what we've got to offer... great "triple picks" for paying members... and al other picks (shorts, 50-100% winners, etc.) to PTT Pipeline and PTT Elite members.

Something for everyone. http://bit.ly/UsrzTN
    Aug 13 11:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    I discussed this with customers of my PTT Pipeline newsletter a few weeks ago. From playing Candy Crush, it was obvious that a large number of my female Facebook friends were hooked. When Kim K came along, it was even more obvious that the female demographic would represent the majority, thus pulling attention away from Candy Crush in a manner that Clash of Clans and Game of War could not.

This trend will continue... and Kim K will just be one of many Candy Crush predators. Check out TwoDots for a good example. You can also sign up for PTT Research's free newsletter here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI Cheers!
    Aug 13 02:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment