Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Cheers Scott.

Best wishes for great prosperity,

Mark G.
    Aug 18 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    It should work on a logarithmic scale. Arithmetic scales make shouldn't even exist in my opinion ;)
    Aug 18 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Gardesign,

The answer to questions like these can always be found in my public Methodology http://bit.ly/14oT7sj or public Portfolio Tracker http://bit.ly/14zls2d

My Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 17 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    GNU,

I rarely criticize others, but you obviously have not read my Methodology... and if you have, you clearly did not understand it. I make great efforts to encourage readers to read it. Thus, but I find it most surprising that someone with a handle that donates intelligence and respect-for-detail would fail to live by that moniker.

For your exclusive benefit (those who read / understand my Methodology don't require such benefit), ATTU graduated from my official portfolio when it officially tripled (+200%) from my initiation point. In fact, that event took place long ago (and in the SAME manner as every one my other past triples -- so the process should be well known / understood by now).

The rules of the Methodology (STILL free and public for you to read) contains ALL the information that ALL investors need to know abut how I operate. ALL is in caps, because the Methodology can be utilized by both paying and non-paying readers of my research. In fact, it is required reading in my opinion. Thus, commenting without knowledge of its contents is tantamount to ignorance...

...which again belies your actual intelligence, which your education clearly required. Based on some direct messages I have received, that notion is clear to many.

I mean you no disrespect, but I don't take kindly to uninformed attacks or cynicism. I endure enough "justified attacks" when my picks fail (after all, I am only human). However, ATTU was a winning pick. Was. Thus, the only disconnect here is between you and a document I took great pains to provide to ALL investors free of charge. It is my heartfelt hope that you will rectify the situation by reading my Methodology or ceasing to follow my work.

Failure to do so can do you -- and how you appear in this public forum -- no good.

In short, my methods, track record, and public reputation are keenly understood by most of the 40,000+ followers who are well-versed in my Methodology. I don't expect 100% to comprehend it, but I do expect that the rest will apply common sense by allocating their time to more fruitful endeavors.

My Sincerest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. as always, my Methodology is freely-available (without registration) here: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj
    Aug 17 01:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Thank you, Troy! It was an easy one.

I wish we could share all picks with everyone, but we have a huge research budget (which enables these picks). Thus, we have to charge for some things.

Accordingly, we provide some good picks here (see my performance numbers) to give a taste of what we've got to offer... great "triple picks" for paying members... and al other picks (shorts, 50-100% winners, etc.) to PTT Pipeline and PTT Elite members.

Something for everyone. http://bit.ly/UsrzTN
    Aug 13 11:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    I discussed this with customers of my PTT Pipeline newsletter a few weeks ago. From playing Candy Crush, it was obvious that a large number of my female Facebook friends were hooked. When Kim K came along, it was even more obvious that the female demographic would represent the majority, thus pulling attention away from Candy Crush in a manner that Clash of Clans and Game of War could not.

This trend will continue... and Kim K will just be one of many Candy Crush predators. Check out TwoDots for a good example. You can also sign up for PTT Research's free newsletter here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI Cheers!
    Aug 13 02:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pixelworks Surges On Apple TV Rumors [View article]
    Hi All,

The article was from June and the Portfolio Tracker needs to be updated. PXLW tripled at $9.72 and is therefore "graduated" from my official portfolio. The Methodology does not distinguish between opening, intraday, and closing prices -- any touch of the triple price triggers a graduation.

That being said, these are just the rules. My actual feelings toward the company and stock don't necessarily end when it "graduates". However, after that point, the odds of any updates declines precipitously (since I wish to keep readers focused on lower-hanging fruit). Of course, my paying members are much more likely to receive any updates. It's only fair for the money the pay (which pays for our research contacts resources -- a 6-figure budget).

I hope that clears things up.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 11 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    CKBEAV is correct. ThinkGaming's revenue numbers are tied to a loose, mostly-automated methodology. The estimates PTT Research provided in this article are more proprietary in nature, particularly the GLUU-specific figures.

As we heard on the call, management raised Q3 guidance to 80 million to 85 million. Our above estimate of $0.9 per day equates to $82.8 million for Q3 (0.9 * 92 days). So, with the Street predicting about $40 million and us predicting $82.8 million, we nearly predicted the exact mid-point of guidance ;)

Thus, while the stock has moved negatively, our published predictions have been 100% accurate. Over time, that is the more important factor. Short-term stock movements cannot be accurately forecasted consistently. However, corporate success can. Ultimately, it is broadly-recognized that the latter is what drives long-term share-price movement.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Aug 7 04:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J,

No offense taken. We're always looking for new ways to optimize our marketing message. I'm a stock picker, not a salesman ;)

But as you can see, I have a loyal customer base that often comes to my defense when a reader expresses skepticism before fully investigating my Methodology and official portfolio track record (both available for free without registration at our poisedtotriple website).

That's not to say that you haven't done your due dilly on me. Rather, the point is that my readers also have an incentive for more readers to sign up, because the more revenue we generate, the more we can invest in expert resources.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 7 04:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Become A Millionaire For Free! [View instapost]
    Flynn,

PLXW tripled when it hit $9.72, so based on the rules of the Methodology (available for free here: http://bit.ly/14oT7sj) it graduated from our portfolio.

I may choose to comment on it in the future, but will most likely do that on a customer-only basis, since their dues are funding our research efforts. I hope you can understand. I dislike disappointing anyone, but I have obligations to the PTT Research partners and customers.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 07:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Become A Millionaire For Free! [View instapost]
    I thought I'd share an excerpt from my response to a reader. It might help everyone better-understand how I do what I do.
    ______________________

"I absolutely 100% want to make sure that free readers get value from my picks. I can't tell you what % of our 1,000+ paying members paid for their membership with gains from my picks, but the over/under is likely north of 80%. It's our lifeblood.

The main issue I encounter is that some people can't (or won't) believe that I'm willing to help people for free without actually seeking to screw them, somehow (see above -- along with my track record -- for why that makes little sense in my case). http://bit.ly/14zls2d This is why I put my entire life, performance tracker, and (most importantly), Methodology on display, all for free. I WANT people to investigate me, because 1) I'm confident in the result and 2) I DON'T want customers who don't do their homework (it inevitably leads to headaches for yours truly).

However, no matter how much I tell people to read my Methodology or avoid my picks, there's a large % of readers who don't read it, but still play my picks. Those who do know when to act on my articles and when not to. I don't time my articles, but my Methodology is VERY clear on how to buy/sell/hold my picks. Paying members simply get greater support in this regard (along with earlier access to my new picks, of course).

Bottom Line: Because stocks rise over time and winning companies/stocks are plentiful, there's room for everyone to win. Free readers can win. Paying members can win big. Premium members can win the most. I win when everyone else wins, because they graduate to increasingly premium levels of service. I just have to do my job and pick great stocks... and readers just have to read and adhere to my Methodology.

Those who don't are the only ones exposed to real losses, because (at the risk of sounding arrogant), my Methodology works -- I've earned close to 40% annually going back to 1996 with the tax returns and a successful Institutional career (retired in 2008, at 37) to prove it :) The Methodology was meticulous developed over the course of 20 years to protect me from my inherent (and numerous) weaknesses as an investor. It incorporates the best lessons from the best investors I've ever known / known of.

Further, my picks are only made with the assistance of the best industry experts money can buy (I utilize a 6-figure research budget to consult with said experts on any pick I make). For example, my ENTIRE thesis on PXLW was developed via conversations with display-processing and video industry gurus (about $40,000 of research).

In other words, I am NOT a stock guru. I am simply a guy following the instructions of great investors with the utilization of the industries' top experts. Quite honestly, ANYONE with a good background in finance can replicate what I do / have done."
    Aug 6 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J,

For the most part, I think you understand my business very well!

The only part I wish to clarify is that I absolutely 100% want to make sure that free readers get value from my picks. I can't tell you what % of our 1,000+ paying members paid for their membership with gains from my picks, but the over/under is likely north of 80%. It's our lifeblood.

I hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for the stimulating chat. You have outstanding etiquette for a skeptic. In this line of business, I appreciate that more than you know.

Best Wishes,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 06:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Ultra HD Emerging, Is Apple Eyeing Pixelworks? [View article]
    Babeone,

Most of my updates are written exclusively for PTT subscribers, though it is possible that I may provide an update in my free newsletter: http://bit.ly/13nKItI

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Aug 6 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    In my opinion, Jack is right. My FB page has just over 40,000 likes and I am quite-honestly a relative nobody... or "an E-lister" as Kim K would say ;)

Aug 6 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J.,

You, like every human, are entitled to your opinion and I fully respect that right. All I can do is tell you that my intent strikes a fair balance between charitable and commercial.

Whether or not that is true is for you to decide. In the spirit of enabling that, I have exposed more of myself online than most anyone you will encounter.

I hope that helps and I wish you well.

Kindest Regards,