Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    I discuss questions like this in our Members' Forum at PTTResearch. For the purposes of this forum suffice it to say that a game-maker's valuation should be based not by the games they make, but by the fundamental capabilities it has to deliver a growing number of good games on a sustainable basis.

For example, though Electronic Arts has many hits come and go, their fundamental strategy made them grow in most years, which made the stock a profitable purchase in every year of its existence until the onset of the smart phone revolution.
    Jul 17 11:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    Cheers Ben. I'll keep it coming!
    Jul 17 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    Hi, GREAT question, but I reserve the discussion of in-depth questions to our Members' Forum at PTTResearch. The members' fees keep the lights on and pay for the free research I provide here, so I hope you understand.

Here's a good reason to check us out: http://seekingalpha.co...

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Jul 17 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Hi Keith. This is reviewed in depth in my video ;) See the link in the article or click here >> http://bit.ly/1qg8ZNy.
    Jul 17 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    You're welcome, Andrea!
    Jul 17 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Hi All,

A few thoughts...

1. TMZ is the source and they said "45% of NET PROFITS". http://bit.ly/1rsymZy

2. No matter what, GLUU would never give anyone 45% of gross revenue. They have to pay 30% to the app stores and invest 20% into marketing. Throw in 5-10% for development / overhead and that leaves zero (or less).

3. As great as the Kim K game is for GLUU's current fortunes, my last article explains why they can be expected to create many more hit games in the future than they do now. http://bit.ly/1rsymZz

Personally, I think the $85M hype is great news for GLUU. If I was a celeb and heard about this, I'd be screaming at my agent to strike the next deal. Who wouldn't want their own video game AND $85M (or even $20M)? That's more than A-list movie star money for a lot less work.

Imagine what you would do if you were the CEO of GLUU... then assume he's doing more than that. It's a good exercise for assessing a company's future potential. Remember, making big $$ on stocks is all about owning companies BEFORE their future and success is obvious to the masses.

Have a great night,

Mark G.
    Jul 16 11:47 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    I've made my entire career on assessing the future. As a result, I've become quite adept at it, thanks to my mentors and industry-expert consultants (which are paid for by PTT Research subscribers).

In other words, there's no magic here. Just a well-oiled machine... and I'm just the reporter. I aim for a 50/50 hit rate (which is pretty good for predicting the future). When correct, we gain triple-digits. When wrong, we lose double-digits. Overall, +200% and -30% average out to +85%.

Once you have the process (Methodology) and the proper industry experts on the payroll, it's actually very simple. Just follow the Methodology and everything should continue to work, as it has since 1996.

This is good starting point: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 16 11:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AeroGrow secures new capital [View news story]
    I think this is a good deal for AERO. Paying interest in shares is a moot point assuming Scotts acquires them in 2016, which is an extremely high likelihood. See my Seeking Alpha articles for further explanation. Cheers.
    Jul 16 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Cheers sir!
    Jul 16 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    I'm not sure if you read the article wrong, but my assessment is largely in agreement with yours. Read the complete article and see the analysis video for more! http://bit.ly/1qg8ZNy
    Jul 16 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    You are looking at past results. Stocks are based on future results. This is the single most common mistake of investors. I provide lessons directly from Warren Buffett and other investing legends on my website. http://bit.ly/14oT7sj

Best Wishes,

Mark G.
    Jul 16 03:53 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Pumps,

As someone who abhors pumpers, I appreciate your mission greatly. However, I suggest that you take a look at my track record and credentials before casting libelous allegations.

Further, the value of a company is the discounted value of future cash flows, not historical results. By your reckoning, Apple would have been a short in 2004 and ditto for FB in 2013.

Indeed, watch what happens to GLUU's earnings in the near-future (Q3). To me it is clear that it may already be profitable with 2+ months to go. The math is out there to be calculated.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Jul 16 03:51 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    You were very clear, my friend.

As for TPCS, there's a reason I stopped officially covering it (which I have shared with subscribers), but I'll keep my eyes open for rays of light.

Best Wishes,

Mark G.

Shameless Plug -- http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 16 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    Just trying to stay conservative. I get accused of "pumping" enough as it is. Proving one's self as being "real" and reliable is more challenging than you would think. Most people are quick to judge and reticent to do their research... which is unsettling, considering that is the #1 key to investment success!

Shameless Plug - more chatter here -- http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 16 02:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    Millionaire hopefuls should be sure to read this too! http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 16 02:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment