Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    "Stock price has no correlation to the true value of the company..."

"...won't get shaken out by the sharks."

Smartest quotes I've seen by anyone in a long time. BTW, I have heard a few professionals say that shorts have raided my stocks, which is why I have recently shifted my attention to teaching investors to take Enpase's attitude.

This video from Peter Lynch is my personal anthem for successful investing: http://bit.ly/1BVcH4u My favorite story / lesson is from 23:57 to 25:48 of the video. After watching it, you'll know why I believe Empase is probably a very successful investor.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. Other great parts include 11:19-12:49, which explains why having specific expertise can be an investors one advantage over professionals like Peter Lynch.

Also, at 18:10-20:12, he reinforces that stock declines are good, patience is better, and an edge (i.e. expertise) can throw you over the top.
    Nov 29, 2014. 01:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    You are 100% correct!

However, having averaged close to 40% for nearly 20 years, I can tell you that investing isn't about what you see, but what is yet to come. So, here's a serious question (and great investing exercise): if you were hired as the CEO of AERO, what would you do with the company / product?

You should assume that the actual CEO is better-qualified than any of us (I know him and he's at least 10x better than I could be). You should therefore assume that your answer(s) have already been discussed internally (and may already be in the works). ;)

This exercise, and taking that leap of faith, has made me rich more often than not. In fact, it's one of the key reasons why my stocks tend to triple or lose 20-30% before I sell. My Methodology explains much of this (and much more) at PoisedToTriple.

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the kind words. We'll see what the future brings. I like helping folks and PTT has certainly enabled me to do so in an environment that doesn't require me to build thick skin ;) If I can offer something to the masses in a more controlled environment, it will be considered.

Until then, kindest regards (and good luck with the "d", D!)

Mark G.
    Nov 24, 2014. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I understand. However, when someone who commands a four-figure hourly consulting rate from Wall Street clients, anything they do should either generate that level of revenue or be a worthy charitable endeavor.

Sharing picks here for 5 years seemed like a worthwhile pay-it-forward. Debating my professional opinion with individuals who may or may not have had respect for that professional pedigree did not. Thus, that time has been reallocated to coaching children and teaching eager investors on the PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch websites.

When life takes you where you're wanted and properly respected, it's a blessing without question or equal.

Best Wishes,

Mark G.
    Nov 23, 2014. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    As previously discussed, I donated time here for over 5 years (early 2009 - mid 2014) to pay it forward and demonstrate the skills that made me a well-known advisor to Wall Street firms.

Over the timeframe, this environment has become too toxic to be productive for mentor-willing professionals (like me) or aspiring investors (like you). We launched PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch to serve as non-toxic havens / classrooms. My services, updates, and time are now provided to thousands of more-appreciative and eager-to-learn investors there.

Hope to see you there,

Mark G.
    Nov 22, 2014. 01:16 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    MATR minting a fresh 6-month high today. Very nice move on yet another patent award. PoisedToTriple recently released a free video talking about the latest events. http://bit.ly/1BVd0we
    Nov 21, 2014. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Yup, but many people had a poor way of showing gratitude.

Also, people have a funny way of thinking they are experts near the top of a bull market. My professional peers thought I was crazy for trying to help people who can't understand the difference between a surgeon and a bum with a Band-Aid.

Perhaps being accessible and charitable clouded people's view of my experience and expertise as an investor (and expected me to give them great trades... though a trader, I am not).

Bottom Line: Most people don't understand what stock analysis is really about. Those who do, are signed up for my service. I enjoying helping them and their fees go toward educations, community-building, and better / deeper research. Most everyone there wins. Those who don't, non-renew with my blessing and best wishes for good fortune.

Perhaps I will become more active on SA after the next bear market... after egos have been reset and people realize that having an E*TRADE account and access to Yahoo Finance doesn't make you an expert. Like any other high-paying profession, only 10+ years of schooling and experience can do that.

I now see why the more generous-hearted members of the 1% tend to give up on helping the other 99. Having been both (starting out VERY poor), I find that very sad... but feel blessed to have found a way to help those that who have the potential to transform.
    Nov 19, 2014. 06:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Nothing has changed. My investment timeframe has always been 2-3 years, so it doesn't surprise me that my recent picks haven't lit the world on fire yet.

2013 was extraordinary, with my picks generally rising very quickly, but that can happen in any given year, particularly one when the market is doing well and investors are more amenable to new ideas.

With my "fame" off of its highs and the Russell essentially flat on the year, I expect my stocks to perform more in-line with historical norms (about 40%+ annually).
    Nov 19, 2014. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I respect your decision, but see my comment above. None of your three points (all of which have SOME level of validity) have a material impact on my long-term thesis.

the word SOME is emphasized. Investors generally miss the greatest gains by miscalculating how much weight to put into a data point. I know (have known) about your three data points and weighted them at a total of about 2% of my total thesis.

I don't / won't disclose my weightings regularly, because of the time and level of service required, but I do share this information in discussions with my Elite customers (and occasionally in my videocasts to our entire paying-customer base).

Regardless, I congratulate you on your profit. All profits are good ones.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 18, 2014. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Nope. I just buy stocks that offer the most attractive potential reward versus the risk profile. I don't worry about float, ownership, sentiment, or anything other than my view of the fundamental value of the company.

This is derived via a DCF analysis (as it should always be), the assumptions of which are derived via a deep qualitative analysis of the company's SWOT, with the assistance of the paid domain experts we enlist.

After that, we wait. Of course, ups and downs and good news and bad news will happen along the way, but unless our long-term thesis turns negative, we wait... as long as needed for the market to catch up with our line of thinking.

Almost every pick experiences bad news and corrections along the way. Almost every time that happens, detractors come out of the woodwork. 70% of the time, they get proven wrong. Most of those times, they miss out on a triple. 30% of the time they're right. Almost every one of those times, I realize it early enough to wave the white flag for a 20-30% loss.

200% for a win. -30% for a loss.

"Simple" as that.
    Nov 18, 2014. 08:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Marcel,

Your assessment is reasonable as stated. However, I recommend a full DCF analysis. The recurring nature of their business and leverage in the model is much greater than the next 12-24 months will show.

This is especially true for those who understand how the operating model works (for example, what % of new-customer revenue have you allocated to SG&A? What % have you allocated for the RENEWING-customer revenue?). Also, in your model, how much of their total opportunity is represented by the routing solution?

Those aspects of my analysis have only been made available to PTT customers... but I've just provided the clues needed to explore on your own if you choose to go that route ;)

MG
    Nov 17, 2014. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    I no longer provide updates on Seeking Alpha, but to reiterate and be very clear, the rules on our website (freely available to the public at http://bit.ly/1s6zLst ) said to sell TPCS at $1.20.

This has been stated publicly several times. Also, consistent with those rules, we cease coverage on our graduated picks (like TPCS) and reallocate those resources to new (better) opportunities.

FWIW, the earnings looked optimistic enough and Mevion finally seems to be ramping up, but the risk of bankruptcy remains real and should not be ignored. Personally, I'd rather pay $1 a share when they are out of the woods than pay 10 cents now.

Disclosure: I own zero shares.
    Nov 15, 2014. 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TechPrecision (TPCS) Update [View instapost]
    I no longer provide updates on Seeking Alpha, but I want to be clear on this one:

As I have stated MANY times publicly, the rules on our website (freely available to the public at http://bit.ly/1s6zLst ) said to sell TPCS at $1.20.

Also consistent with those rules, we cease coverage on our graduated picks to reallocate those resources to new (better) opportunities.

FWIW, the earnings looked optimistic enough and Mevion finally seems to be ramping up, the risk of bankruptcy remains real and should not be ignored. Personally, I'd rather pay $1 a share when they are out of the woods than pay 10 cents now.

Disclosure: I own zero shares.
    Nov 15, 2014. 08:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Greggo,

Just to clarify, anyone who doesn't ascribe to my Methodology simply "doesn't get" my method... and that's OK. My ways aren't for everyone.

I'm not out to sell my services to everyone. Just those who have an interest in my particular method, which is important because it often requires a level of patience and faith that people might not wish to exhibit (and justifiably so; to each their own). My apologies if my communications have perpetuated any other message.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Nov 13, 2014. 01:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of JAKKS Pacific Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Well stated, especially coming from someone who seems to believe Frozen will last well beyond the holidays. Great assessment of how many investors are thinking. Personally, I believe most of those are retail investors. 80% of the company is held by the top 10 or so institutions, including Citadel, which just took advantage of the panic to acquire a 5% stake.

It's called "smart money" for a reason ;)

Nice post. Cheers.