Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    That's not a question -- it's an entire discussion (and possible an entire college course).

A good subject for PTT University. Stay tuned...
    Apr 4 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    I just made the following comments above. Just adding here for easy access...

As I've said, I like my AeroGrow (much more than my SodaStream). Do the math on that. If even 1 in 5 people agree with me, AERO's sales will continue growing...and THAT is what to watch.

It's not about where they are now or where they were yesterday. It's about where they are going. From that perspective, showing 65%+ growth and sold-out products on their website speaks volumes.

If you think the company will fail because you don't like the product (via first-hand experience), I can't fault a man for his opinion. However, comments regarding earnings demonstrate low knowledge of "operating model leverage".

If you don't understand what that is, you've just made my point ; )

Suffice it to say that OML is the single most important determinant of a company's ability to make a crummy-looking income statement into an amazing one. It's also a key thing I look for in picks to triple (a crummy income statement that has the OML to become a great one -- HIMX, FB, and STX come to mind as past examples, among others).
    Apr 4 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding High On AeroGrow [View article]
    See my comments below from Mar 13 re:P/E is B.S.

Also, my PTT Research report provides plenty of details. Every company starts off with zero revenue and negative earnings.

If you don't understand what that is, you've just made my point ; )

Apr 4 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Strike,

Great advice. It took me a long time to figure it out, as well. Conviction was the key to becoming a dip-buyer. When you have conviction in what a company is worth, dips don't bother you. They simply offer the option of buying more.

Learning how to do the proper research to GAIN conviction is what actually takes time. ;)

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Apr 4 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    I don't foresee a negative impact from this. Charts will adjust for the traders. Also, a higher stock price will enable many institutions to buy (many have price restrictions). I think it will help liquidity and eliminate the risk of being delisted.
    Apr 4 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity Reveals Exclusive Amazon Partnership [View article]
    You can get info on subscribing here http://bit.ly/16GHjpw. You can also subscribe to the PTT Insider for free here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI
    Apr 3 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Unknown, but when I find out, I'll share that info with PTT members: http://bit.ly/16GHjpw
    Apr 3 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Untrue. GT placed an $8 million furnace order with TPCS a few months ago.
    Apr 3 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity Reveals Exclusive Amazon Partnership [View article]
    I will share my thoughts with PTT subscribers after I speak with ATTU's CEO (we have a call scheduled). Cheers!
    Apr 3 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Issuing more shares is always a risk. As for your purchase price, I'm sure that I bought my initial shares at a higher price long before you bought yours. Considering the risk. reward, and expected future value, I don't think that any price paid in the last year was too much, unless you're just in it for a trade.

Investing is a marathon, not a sprint. Over the long haul, it's a fact that the marathoners work less and make more. In fact, very few traders make the Top 100 list of richest investors: http://read.bi/1dTp9X4
    Apr 2 11:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Old Line Bancshares Poised For Addition To The Russell 2000 [View article]
    June 13
    Apr 2 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Depends on your risk tolerance. If you trust management to resolve it, buy now, but understand the risks. If you want clarity, buy later, but understand that you will likely have to pay more once there is clarity.
    Apr 2 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pixelworks Discloses Relationship With Apple [View article]
    PXLW doesn't compete with them. HIMX does.
    Apr 2 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TechPrecision: 10 Bagger Or A Bust? [View instapost]
    I think the risk profile is similar, but the odds of a negative outcome have decreased by virtue of its brighter prospects in several parts of its business.

The bank doesn't want them to go belly up, especially if all they need is a little more time for things like Mevion to ramp up.
    Apr 1 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Techprecision Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    The POTENTIAL is still there, but 10-bagger potential often comes with the risk of "busting" (thus, 10 Bagger or Bust).

;)