Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Thanks Shallum,

Thankfully, investors are seeing this for themselves this week (MATR also announced great news this morning!).

I will always have detractors and that's ok. As a public figure, I'm no where near perfect. I just think that people like Dr. Honesty don't understand how hard it is to GUIDE investors, when my only real skill is analyzing stock prices... of course, in my opinion, that's the best skill to have ;-)

But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I respect Dr's. I just have to wonder why he's wasting so much of his valuable time on me. Only a handful of my 40,000+ followers read these comment threads... but again, he's entitled and I wish his as well as I wish everyone else.

Kindest Regards!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    All that matters is the LONG TERM FUNDAMENTALS ;)

Investors can buy and sell all they want, but the company is what has the value. If stock prices always reflected the true value, we wouldn't be able to get rich on stocks.

It's nice to see the news on GLUU, AERO, and MATR validate that point this week. I expect to see more of the same in the future from my other official and publicly -known picks (JAKK and QADA), in addition to the pick we have only released to subscribers at poisedtotriple and pttresearch.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Insider Sales Should Be Ringing Alarms For Investors [View article]
    Any experienced investor knows that insiders can sell for any number of reasons. Professional investors will actually ask the company. I did and the answer was both personal and innocuous.

In other words, nothing to see here. Hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:16 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    MATR just pre-announced blowout Q4 metrics :) http://yhoo.it/1z0UuvX

Kelly Conway, Mattersight's CEO, will present at a conference today where he will discuss "the surge in momentum...as well as the promising outlook for 2015 and beyond."

After GLUU and AERO's news last week, we're now 3 for 3 in our Q4 news, with only JAKK and QADA to go (along with AERO's official Q4 numbers, which are clearly going to be good, based on what Scotts Miracle-Grow had to say). Our classic cases of Fundamental/Technical Divergence are quickly reversing.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile And Aerogrow Jumped 20%+ On Wednesday… What's Next? [View instapost]
    Q,

I'm wrong 33% of the time. If I knew which 33%, I'd never be wrong. I love all of my picks (I'm very picky) and over time, that has paid off very well.

The last few months have been bad, but the companies have performed very well. Classic case of Fundamental/Technical Divergence. I've been through periods like this before, so I don't worry about it. I just keep doing what I was taught.

MATR is one of my picks and I like it a lot. I don't expect a perfectly smooth ride, because I've never experienced one. That's why it's so critical to believe in the company and stick with it through thick and thin. I'm not here for a quarter, because anything can happen in a single quarter (even to the very best companies).

If you like the MATR story, own it and close your eyes. If I'm right about this one, we'll see a mix of ups and downs (mostly ups) as they approach escape velocity. That could take another 2 years, but the stock could be well into the double digits by then, which is why I own it now.

The early bird feels the pain of being up early, but he's the one who gets the worm.

Kindest Regards!

Mark G.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of JAKKS Pacific Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Matthew,

It's been a rough year for the shareholders, but not the company. It's a classic case of Fundamental/Technical Divergence (http://seekingalpha.co...).

Does this mean that the stock will take off? I can't say for sure because I'm wrong 33% of the time... and if I knew which 33%, I'd never be wrong. ;)

That being said, JAKK's biggest liability is the communication skills of its CFO. Just his communication skills. That's a relatively minor problem for a company. From a performance standpoint, the company has done a great job (heck, they created the worlds #1 selling toy of the holidays -- not bad with competition like Mattel & Hasbro). They beat their Q3 EPS numbers and my research suggests that Q4 was no different. We'll soon see.

In other words, right or wrong, JAKK is a great bet to incorporate into a portfolio of great bets. Some will lose, but the winners will pay a LOT more than the losers will take away.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    Buba,

I made the mistake of making a short-term call on GLUU before. I'm just an analyst. Definitely not a trader. My skill is calculating the proper value of a stock. I can't make it go there or predict when it will. I'll be staying humble and true to that ONE skill going forward...because it's a damn good one.

I can give you my opinion that GLUU is worth much more than $5. Many people are skeptical, but blind skepticism is why investors miss a lot of hit home runs. Is GLUU guaranteed to succeed? Of course not. However, if they do succeed, the reward will be multiples of the current price. If they fail to achieve escape velocity, the stock will probably get cut in half... but even if it goes to zero, the risk is well worth the potential, especially considering how they've been executing.

They haven't missed an EPS estimate in years and management keeps making great acquisitions and plans for future growth http://yhoo.it/1tVoXrV

That's a recipe for investing success -- buy into great risk/reward situations and take the good with the bad, because the good will pay you more than the bad will take away. The key is to utilize industry experts to help you confirm that the risk/reward is what it seems. For me, that's critical, because nobody can know everything about an industry unless their career is tied to that industry.

Hope that helps!

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:22 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    Part II will be coming soon. In the meantime, you can read more of my recent research here: http://bit.ly/13nKItI
    Feb 7, 2015. 09:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 & 2015 Performance Metrics [View instapost]
    This is in response to those of you who have requested it.

As always, please remember to read and follow the Methodology at PoisedToTriple.com. It's the instruction manual for how to play my picks... and therefore required reading if you wish to optimize your results.

Cheers!
    Feb 6, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the kind emails everyone :)
    Feb 6, 2015. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Hi,

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I especially believe that Sellinpanic's sentiments are extremely spot-on. My ways are not for everyone. Following the Methodology is hard work and takes effort. Not everyone has that spare time and energy to give. For those who do, MY picks have provided great returns (OVER TIME).

"Over time" is part of why my way isn't for everyone. Over certain stretches, owning SPY will be easier... and more profitable. However, my track record (publicly available on SA and at PTT) show that my 20 year performance as an institutional consultant / analyst has continued throughout most of my 6 years as a "public" (SA and PTT) analyst. Just not over the past 4 months.

Everyone has a rough stretch from time to time.

Therein lies the choice. My way generates more money in exchange for more frustration. I can't (and won't) fault anyone for choosing one way or the other.

Regardless of how you choose, I wish EVERYONE the best of fortune.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 5, 2015. 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu +4.4% on insider buys [View news story]
    Check your SA email account.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu +4.4% on insider buys [View news story]
    I've been posting most of my comments in the PTTResearch Members Forum (mainly to avoid getting into time-wasting arguments with bearish retail investors), but it should be noted that the last insider transaction for each of my recent picks has been a purchase. This was capped by last week's $1M investment in GLUU by director Abony Lorne.

More on the other picks here -- http://bit.ly/1dFmXQ5
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    I've been posting most of my comments in the PTTResearch Members Forum (mainly to avoid getting into time-wasting arguments with bearish retail investors), but it should be noted that the last insider transaction on each of these stocks has been a purchase.

This was capped by last week's $1M investment in GLUU by director Abony Lorne.
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment