Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Bingo. Astute reply.
    Feb 3, 2014. 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    I do...and I believe they will continually put out better games. However, for investment purposes, I merely assume they will merely maintain the status quo.
    Being sanguine and/or conservative is critical to keeping one's head straight in the investing world. Emotion is the enemy. I learned the hard way, but this is a major key to success. It has made all the difference.
    Feb 3, 2014. 12:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Hi Jill,

Glad my response made sense. It's a tricky subject to explain!

As for your other question, I always have to save the response to questions like that for paying members. The timing of my articles on Seeking Alpha are not necessarily correlated with Risk/Reward chart timing. For that level of detail/service, I have specific guidelines/obligations to the customers, partners, and shareholders of PTT Research. We all answer to higher powers. I hope you understand.

Hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Mark G.
    Feb 2, 2014. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Globalstar Triples - These Stocks Are Next [View article]
    Doing my best! Cheers!!
    Feb 2, 2014. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Insider Transactions -- Why You Should BUY [View instapost]
    As you can see, the stock is up about 10% since I wrote this, while the market has fallen. ;^)
    Feb 2, 2014. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignore The Downgrade - Glu Is Still Poised To Triple [View article]
    Jill,

I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying. Allow me to clarify (and not because I want you to become a paying member -- I only want that if you do).

1. The EASIEST way to make money on my picks is to buy and hold them. This is pure fundamental investing.

2. Despite my first point, millions of investors use charts to drive their investing decisions. This is pure technical investing (trading). Understand this -- stock traders will buy and sell our picks no matter what.

Thus, my readers have only two choices -- join them or ignore them (and the resultant ups and downs). If you choose the former, you can use risk/reward charts to pick opportune times to buy more, sell some, or even short (which I think is crazy, but that's an investor's prerogative).

Because traders will trade no matter what, I try to help my readers predict when our picks might hit near-term highs and lows.

As you can see, #1 AND #2 appear contradictory. However, they are mutually exclusive (or complementary for those who choose to do both).

3. Most importantly, my long-term affinity for a COMPANY does not change just because their stock is at a high or low point on my risk/reward chart. Quite the contrary, my view on a company changes VERY infrequently. This is why I often rebuff requests for updates on my view...because my view rarely changes. "Read my last article...that's still my view!".

4. In most cases, once the stock triples, it's unlikely to triple again as quickly, so there are likely better opportunities out there. Further, by that time, they are usually covered by more analysts or finally fully-understood by the market (as was the case with HIMX going from unknown to known...or Facebook going from hated to loved).

So, at THAT point, I "graduate" them from our portfolio and focus on other (lesser known or unduly hated) companies.

I hope that helps. Hope you have a great weekend.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Jan 31, 2014. 04:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Globalstar Triples - These Stocks Are Next [View article]
    Maybe I'll take on the strictest of standards, but change the company name to PoisedToGoUp170% ;^)
    My goal is not to pump a stock until it triples, but rather to lay out a fair valuation ballpark. Something even close to a triple is a rare and great investment. I don't need the whole 200% to feel proud and enriched.
    Also, by the time one of my picks is up 150%, the likelihood of it tripling from THAT level is much lower. Indeed, that is the case here -- I don't see GSAT going from $2.00 to $6.00 as easily or quickly, so why bother with it? There are other stocks that can go up further and quicker!
    I'm being facetious, but hopefully you get my point. I don't fall in love with companies or stocks. My love is for good companies/stocks that can justifiably (no pump-n-dumps please!) go up the highest most quickly. Once a stock is up a lot, its odds of quickly going much higher diminish.

Having the name PoisedToTriple is good for attracting customers. Behind the scenes, I don't care about 190% versus 210%. I care about making you money. So far, I think I've been doing ok. Hope you agree ;)
    Jan 31, 2014. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attunity Launches Replicate 3.0 Ahead Of Thursday's Earnings Release [View article]
    I've never met a company that didn't miss their numbers at one point in time. It's dangerous to judge the future based on the past (good or bad). Each situation must be analyzed separately on its own merits.

ATTU's 2013 miss was based on challenges in building/educating its sales force. Not surprisingly, this was not a one quarter fix. If you go back and read how Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 went, you will see that their sales issues progressed:

Q1) a problem in lead-gen
    Q2) Q1 issues resolved, but problems in convincing leads to sign on
    Q3) Q2 issues resolved, but problems in dealing with customer lawyers (Ts & Cs)
    Q4) All issues resolved. Top line beat. We have momentum, so let's spend extra on hiring new sales people.

As for the Hayes question, sounds to me like they didn't like all the negative comments and attention from missing 2013 numbers. They obviously don't want to miss their 2014 numbers, so they sandbagged them. The CEO said as much on the call.

Trust is justifiably a quality that investors often lack (once bitten, twice shy). It can be a good defense mechanism, but it can also be detrimental. Trust me, I learned the hard way -- a little mistrust is good, but blind mistrust can keep an investor from reaching his/her potential.
    Jan 31, 2014. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transcript Of My Live Twitter Coverage Of ATTU's Q4 Call [View instapost]
    My comment above applies ;^)
    Jan 30, 2014. 08:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Globalstar Triples - These Stocks Are Next [View article]
    Good announcement, but GSAT already tripled (http://bit.ly/14zls2d). It has the potential to go higher, but "officially" it has graduated :^)
    Jan 30, 2014. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transcript Of My Live Twitter Coverage Of ATTU's Q4 Call [View instapost]
    Check out the Jan 31st PTT Insider for more on this!
    Jan 30, 2014. 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    More...

Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 12s
    $ATTU beat rev ests even though some deals slipped into Q1. Also, they will announce a new product during the early part of Q2.

Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple now
    $ATTU additional products in the works, as well as support for additional databases, including unstructured (perhaps $DWCH)?

Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 43s
    $ATTU Replicate license rev expected to grow 60-70% and be the majority of license revenue...so their biggest piece will also grow fastest.
    Jan 30, 2014. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For those who don't use Twitter, here's most of my commentary:
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple now
    $ATTU replaced a competitor at a "big bank"...most likely replaced GoldenGate, Datamirror, or $INFA
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple now
    $ATTU Replicate was $2.4M of lic rev +140% y/y.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple now
    $ATTU added 10 sales people in Q4 and plan to hire more throughout 2014. Many more came from the Hayes acquisition.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple now
    Q4 was a record for revenue through partners. Partners bringing them into accounts and $ATTU = "critical enabler for their revenues" per CEO
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 21s
    60-70% increase in $ATTU sales headcount. Some coming from competitors (who they met at competitive deals).
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 4m
    Also, $ATTU license revenue up 61.5% SEQUENTIALLY (vs Q3) to $4.9M vs $3.0M. #delivering Stock now up 7% from this AM's knee jerk low.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 7m
    Investors who freaked out over the $ATTU EPS number obviously didn't look at the big jump in sales/marketing investments.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 10m
    $ATTU costs up due adding sales & marketing because of the momentum and opportunity they see. Those expenses = 46% in Q4 vs 41% last year
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 11m
    $ATTU stock now rebounding. I feel bad for investors who got "shaken out" (which I preach against) and sold to me at $9.61-$9.6896
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 13m
    I just bought $ATTU at $9.61, $9.62, and $9.6896. CEO just reported having closed many deals already in Q1. CFO said "significant momentum"
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 14m
    $ATTU had a rough 2013, but strong Q4 growth and guidance. Anyone selling at these levels are paying attention to the wrong numbers.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 26m
    $ATTU 46% growth for 2014 implies back-to-envelope valuation of $180M. On the conf call now. CEO just said they are gaining Big Data share.
    Mark Gomes ‏@poisedtotriple 38m
    $ATTU beats on revenue and top end of guidance implies 46% y/y growth coming. Those are the key stats to focus on. Solid report!
    Jan 30, 2014. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am on the call and commenting live via Twitter !
    Jan 30, 2014. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tripling Your Money During A Market Correction [View article]
    Hatvani is correct. Thanks Hatvani!
    Jan 27, 2014. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment