Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mattersight Earnings Preview [View article]
    I was. The answer was too extensive to discuss here, but it was incredible. You should check out the replay. There were a couple of minor disappointments, but that was offset by a TON of positives. I can never predict near-term stock movement, but this was a VERY bullish call :)
    Feb 11, 2015. 06:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Earnings Preview [View article]
    I'm providing additional commentary LIVE on Twitter. Suffice it to say, everything is going well and is being well-received.
    Feb 11, 2015. 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Earnings Preview [View article]
    I'll write my analysis of $MATR earnings for Seeking Alpha tonight... but weighing the many pros against the one or two cons, my article will surely be positive.

FYI, from what I see the EPS "miss" was due to making additional investments in reaction to rising demand. If I'm right, this is exactly what happened to ATTU on its way from 3 to 9. ;)
    Feb 11, 2015. 04:48 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Earnings Preview [View article]
    Top line beat, with very positive commentary. Can't wait for the call!
    Feb 11, 2015. 04:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Earnings Preview [View article]
    Loved the pre-announced metrics. Revenue and EPS are irrelevant (regardless of whether they are great or so-so), because they are determined by accounting rules, not bookings.

The most important thing is what management says on the call. I'll be on it and try to ask a question or two.

Stay tuned... :)
    Feb 11, 2015. 04:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    Broker,

I appreciate what you're saying, but the loses in my picks over the past four months have not been based on fundamental weakness, but rather investor sentiment.

Indeed, after the Q3 reporting season I stated that I was VERY happy with the earnings performance of each of my picks. I didn't, don't, and will never have the ability to make people see things the way I do.

Of course, that's probably why most people don't average 35-40% a year for two decades running...

As for being silent, I'm an analyst, not a cheerleader, megaphone, or messiah. When there's nothing new to report and a mob creating a din, the best thing for someone like me to do is not fight against it. Rather it's best redouble my focus on what got me here: research and wait for reality to reveal the truth (as we have seen over the past week).

Besides, my paying subscribers can attest that my newsletters have continued to come out every week as always, so I haven't exactly been silent ;)

I hope all is going great for you!

Mark G.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:16 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poised To Triple Portfolio Updates [View article]
    Great comments, folks. FYI, I'll be hosting a Live Q&A session for the public (it's usually for customers only) tomorrow night at 7PM ET. You can RSVP here: http://bit.ly/1CfQOds

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 10, 2015. 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    Craig Hallum release from this AM:

"MATR- Prereleased very strong Q4 stats in advance of a conference presentation yesterday. George Sutton says the co's routing solution continues to ramp materially, with the number of seats sold up 110% q/q and the forward-looking book of business up 46%. Sutton continues to believe the numbers in 2015 are going to show substantial growth that will put this on many new radar screens. Sutton reiterates his Buy rating."
    Feb 10, 2015. 09:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Bazooooka,

Hopefully, the news flow of the past week shows that nothing has changed in my Method or focus.

I can't (and won't) have a real influence how my picks do. Stock prices should be determined by how the COMPANIES do -- not pump jobs (to the upside) or short attacks (to the downside).

When the latter happens, I just step aside and help my paying subscribers understand what to do about it. I've gone through a lot of scrutiny over the years, but usually come out on top (remember PXLW? http://seekingalpha.co...).

I didn't come up with "PoisedToTriple". It was earned by picking triples like LIOX, STX, LGF, ATTU, FB, HIMX, and others. A mix of small and large caps, by the way.

The past week of news has shown that the recent performance of my STOCKS was based on misguided fear. The COMPANIES have continued to perform, forcing a reversal of that negative-bias toward their stocks. Hopefully, you see that now...once again ;)

Most of all, remember: I'm just an analyst... but an analyst with a 20+ year track record of success. A third of my picks will fail. Many will triple or be acquired. I will go through hot streaks AND cold streaks, but most importantly, my average pick has AND WILL outperform the market.

That has been the one constant for 20+ years. Unless the basic principles of stock valuation change (which is as fundamentally likely as tectonic shifts in the laws of mathematics), that will continue.

As for my focus, MY MONEY IS INVESTED IN MY PICKS... and I make more MUCH money from investing than I will ever make from writing responses like this to folks like you. I only started doing this to share my finding with the public when I retired in 2008. I had no idea how big it would get.

So, think about that and ask yourself if I'm focused and what my motivation is for spending the time to respond to a small handful of individuals I don't know...

I think you'll find that the answer hasn't changed in all the time you've know who I am.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.

p.s. Allow the detractors to say what they wish. With 40,000 followers across multiple channels, if just 1% think ill of me, that's 400 detractors. 400 people can make a lot of noise, but it's only 1%.

Besides, you know me better than that.
    Feb 10, 2015. 09:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile And Aerogrow Jumped 20%+ On Wednesday… What's Next? [View instapost]
    I'm not a trader, so I don't know. My focus is on calculating the value of companies.

Like Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch, (and the other gurus whose lessons I abide by), I've never been good at predicting short squeezes or short-term moves. I'm just good at identifying superior risk/reward opportunities. From there, I just buy and wait. ;)

Cheers
    Feb 9, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming Out Of Hiding [View instapost]
    Thanks Shallum,

Thankfully, investors are seeing this for themselves this week (MATR also announced great news this morning!).

I will always have detractors and that's ok. As a public figure, I'm no where near perfect. I just think that people like Dr. Honesty don't understand how hard it is to GUIDE investors, when my only real skill is analyzing stock prices... of course, in my opinion, that's the best skill to have ;-)

But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I respect Dr's. I just have to wonder why he's wasting so much of his valuable time on me. Only a handful of my 40,000+ followers read these comment threads... but again, he's entitled and I wish his as well as I wish everyone else.

Kindest Regards!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Boost Your Returns With 'Fundamental / Technical Divergence' [View article]
    All that matters is the LONG TERM FUNDAMENTALS ;)

Investors can buy and sell all they want, but the company is what has the value. If stock prices always reflected the true value, we wouldn't be able to get rich on stocks.

It's nice to see the news on GLUU, AERO, and MATR validate that point this week. I expect to see more of the same in the future from my other official and publicly -known picks (JAKK and QADA), in addition to the pick we have only released to subscribers at poisedtotriple and pttresearch.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Insider Sales Should Be Ringing Alarms For Investors [View article]
    Any experienced investor knows that insiders can sell for any number of reasons. Professional investors will actually ask the company. I did and the answer was both personal and innocuous.

In other words, nothing to see here. Hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 03:16 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares Of Mattersight Are Poised To Triple [View article]
    MATR just pre-announced blowout Q4 metrics :) http://yhoo.it/1z0UuvX

Kelly Conway, Mattersight's CEO, will present at a conference today where he will discuss "the surge in momentum...as well as the promising outlook for 2015 and beyond."

After GLUU and AERO's news last week, we're now 3 for 3 in our Q4 news, with only JAKK and QADA to go (along with AERO's official Q4 numbers, which are clearly going to be good, based on what Scotts Miracle-Grow had to say). Our classic cases of Fundamental/Technical Divergence are quickly reversing.

Cheers!

Mark G.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Q,

I'm wrong 33% of the time. If I knew which 33%, I'd never be wrong. I love all of my picks (I'm very picky) and over time, that has paid off very well.

The last few months have been bad, but the companies have performed very well. Classic case of Fundamental/Technical Divergence. I've been through periods like this before, so I don't worry about it. I just keep doing what I was taught.

MATR is one of my picks and I like it a lot. I don't expect a perfectly smooth ride, because I've never experienced one. That's why it's so critical to believe in the company and stick with it through thick and thin. I'm not here for a quarter, because anything can happen in a single quarter (even to the very best companies).

If you like the MATR story, own it and close your eyes. If I'm right about this one, we'll see a mix of ups and downs (mostly ups) as they approach escape velocity. That could take another 2 years, but the stock could be well into the double digits by then, which is why I own it now.

The early bird feels the pain of being up early, but he's the one who gets the worm.

Kindest Regards!