Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Attunity's Maestro Promises To Make Sweet Music (And Money) [View article]
    GNU,

First, congratulations.

Second, ATTU automatically graduated from my portfolio on 9/19/13 with a 200% gain. Since that time, it has risen an additional 52.5%. However, my average selection has risen 55.6% over the same timeframe. Those with the largest allocations have actually doubled (they are QADA and GLUU, the latter of which replaced ATTU in my portfolio at $3.14).

That being said, 55.6% versus 52.5% is not statistically significant. More importantly, both returns are admirable. So, once again, my congratulations.

Indeed, many approaches are effective in this world. I am happy for anyone who finds and utilizes one. Of equal importance, I see no value in evoking a condescending tone towards fellow investors... but your life is yours to live as you choose.

I choose to wish you continued success,

Mark G.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avian Influenza Pair Trade, Part 1: Long Cal-Maine Foods, Short Post Holdings [View article]
    Real quick...

1. AI can't survive in hot weather.
    2. By itself, AI is not a long-term thesis... but the permanent change in competitive dynamics is.
    3. More to come (this is just Part 1).

For much more info on this, along with info on my upcoming picks to triple (two coming soon!), just sign up for my free newsletter at poisedtotriple.com -- thanks!
    Jun 27, 2015. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intermap Lands A Megadeal - Shares Instantly Triple [View article]
    Here's my basic analysis. My detailed analysis will be provided exclusively for members at PTTResearch.com.

FYI, my free newsletter can be found at PoisedToTriple.com.
    Jun 23, 2015. 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Update [View instapost]
    It's funny looking back at old posts. My top 3 longs all got acquired, as did half of my top 14 positions.

With all the new stocks we'll be talking about this month, I'm looking forward to looking back and talking about a new set of buyouts. Stay tuned at PoisedToTriple and PTTResearch !
    Jun 23, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Update [View instapost]

Jun 23, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bird Flu Infects Post Holdings - Shares Are Poised To Plummet [View article]
    This has obviously not gone our way. Thankfully, the Methodology only calls for a 2% allocation to short positions, but that's not a consolation. Accordingly, we've done a 19-page deep dive going out to PTT subscribers VERY soon. It clarifies whether we are still negative or not.

Once paying subscribers (and subscribers to our free newsletter at PoisedToTriple) are informed, we'll look to update Seeking Alpha readers. Stay Tuned...
    Jun 19, 2015. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    Ha! I'd prefer that...
    Jun 17, 2015. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    A $30 buyback...LOL. They completed it with a single market order ;)
    Jun 17, 2015. 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific's $30 Million Buyback And Lawsuit Settlement Open The Door For Acquisition [View article]
    The saga continues. Thanks for reading this update. For all the continuing updates, stay tuned at PTTResearch.com or via our free newsletter at PoisedToTriple.com
    Jun 17, 2015. 06:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific sets new $30 buyback plan [View news story]
    Good start (and just the beginning) for one of our Poised To Triple Portfolio stars. We're reporting updates on this regularly: http://bit.ly/1ekkT4I
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:27 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JAKKS Pacific's Share Price Will Soar As Buyout Pressure Mounts [View article]
    WSD,

I agree wholeheartedly! In fact, if you read my profile materials, you'll see that PTT's predecessor, Pipeline Data was built on the reputation I gained from having navigated institutional customers through the dot.com bust with profits of approx. +40% in each of 2000 and 2001 (we advised being nearly 100% short for 2 full years).

Later, I was able to cash-cow Pipeline Data and semi-retire in the late-2008 timeframe due to the profits generated from navigating customers through the financial crash. 2007 performance was +37.4% vs. 9.8% for the NASDAQ and 2008 performance was +5.6% vs. -40.5%.

So, needless to say, I'm actually looking forward to the next major reset.

If you happen to be an institution with interest in our institutional services, I'll be happy to qualify your firm, after which we can set you up with reference calls. We have several reference accounts, including a former Lehman Brothers portfolio manager who provides stunning accounts of how thing went down from his perspective, along with Pipeline Data's role during that timeframe.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Jun 15, 2015. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well said. Thus the encroachment of activists... ;-)
    Jun 10, 2015. 12:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Perion Networks Is A Cheap Undercovered Company With 100%+ Upside [View article]
    Intriguing story. Love the chart. Thanks!
    Jun 10, 2015. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattersight Reports Strong Q4 Business Activity [View article]
    Hi,

I generally update readers who sign up for my free newsletter (http://bit.ly/14zls2d) or my premium newsletter (PTTResearch.com).

Cheers,

Mark G.
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You make a great point, but I didn't make every pick in 2009. In fact, I only made one. Feel free to visit my portfolio tracker at PoisedToTriple (http://bit.ly/14zls2d). I'm sure you'll be at least intrigued ;-)

To be fair, making only 31 picks in 6 years gives me the advantage of selectivity... but that's my hallmark (along with the paid utilization of specialist analysts and industry consultants to confirm Company assertions and emerging trends -- at a cost of six-figures per year). Our deep dive on MATR alone was a 5-figure project.

This is all funded via PTT Research's freemium model for retail and institutional customers. Been doing this since my days at International Data Corporation, back in 1994. Cheers!
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment