Mark Gomes

View Mark Gomes' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    J.,

You, like every human, are entitled to your opinion and I fully respect that right. All I can do is tell you that my intent strikes a fair balance between charitable and commercial.

Whether or not that is true is for you to decide. In the spirit of enabling that, I have exposed more of myself online than most anyone you will encounter.

I hope that helps and I wish you well.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Aug 6, 2014. 11:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Regardless of what the uninformed non-PTT readers say, Gomes was / stayed / remains very long GLUU. Covered calls do not represent a conflict of interest. You can see my PTT customer video(s) for all the details.

I apologize to non-PTT subscribers, but I'm sure you can understand that paying members should get more service. Free readers get tons of free value, like my selection of GLUU at $4, along with 10+ publicly confirmed triples: http://seekingalpha.co...

Paying members get the bonus -- like my pre-earnings video alert to understand how to trade the earnings. FYI, my free "poised to triple" thesis remains intact. If you listened to the earnings call or read the earnings transcript, you know why. If you didn't, please take no offense, but you obviously can't intelligently comment on the earnings, no? ;)

Bottom Line: I gave this pick to Seeking Alpha readers for FREE at ~$4. If you bought it then, you are up VERY nicely regardless of today's action (just like HIMX, PXLW, GSAT,FB, LGF, etc. before it). You can see my track record for all the good and bad picks! http://bit.ly/14zls2d

Anyone else is just talking with a vested interest and therefore merits no response.

Kindest Regards & Best Wishes To All,

Mark G.
    Jul 31, 2014. 07:07 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Right and right, gents. Fundamentals win, which is why Warren Buffett won.
    Jul 21, 2014. 02:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Set To Owe Kim Kardashian $85 Million? [View article]
    A free and open mind is the most valuable thing to have in this world. Ivy League MBA programs are great in one regard (and lead to great success), but they all teach their students the same thing, the same way, year after year. So, Wall Street is filled with people who all play from the same playbook (which is why most of them never get ahead of their peers, though they all make good $$$).

My mentors taught me to think freely and to find the Achilles heels in the Ivy League playbook. Therein lies the path to exceptional success (like the Seahawks using big cornerbacks to neutralize pass-happy offenses -- the playbook of most NFL teams).

Mass-education outlets brainwash the brilliant, while CNBC brainwashes the masses. I rarely deal with either, because my brain is as susceptible to suggestion as any other homo sapien's.

My success comes from keeping my mind free to see things that others cannot (due to the "Brainwash Blinders...not associated with Google Glass...or maybe it is...LOL).

Cheers,

MG
    Jul 20, 2014. 06:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile's Q3 Revenue Could Double The Consensus View [View article]
    Just trying to stay conservative. I get accused of "pumping" enough as it is. Proving one's self as being "real" and reliable is more challenging than you would think. Most people are quick to judge and reticent to do their research... which is unsettling, considering that is the #1 key to investment success!

Shameless Plug - more chatter here -- http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 16, 2014. 02:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 52-week highs for Glu as Bloomberg highlights Kardashian game [View news story]
    Jet,

It's a big man that admits his misses, but we ALL have our share. Many investors don't yet understand (or trust) the methods we use (or the money we spend) to analyze our picks. It's very understandable in a world full of crooks.

But one by one, we're earning investors' trust. I'm looking forward to proving ourselves to you as well.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Glu Mobile: Kardashian game provides a boost [View news story]
    Either way, have to love the good news for this PTT Research pick (forgive the shameless plug)!
    Jun 26, 2014. 03:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware Of The Biggest Pump-N-Dumpers: Wall Street Brokerage Firms! [View instapost]
    FYI, I named my new company "Poised To Triple" to make fun of the pump-n-dump artists out there, especially the Wall Street firms that scream "buy" after the stock has already done something good or "sell" after it has already gotten crushed.

For more on this, lessons from the masters, and our latest members-only picks, visit us at PoisedToTriple or PTT Research! http://bit.ly/14oT7sj and http://pttresearch.com
    Jun 10, 2014. 12:06 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu's Secondary Offering Is Bullish [View article]
    One more way to look at this...GLUU will now have $27M more in cash, but their market cap (new shares included) will be unchanged based on today's share price.

Thus, either investors think that the company is worth 8% less than it was yesterday (all else being equal)...or the share-price decline is supply/demand based...or the cash deemed to be worth zero.

To me, only the second answer makes any sense. Personally, I believe that the cash is worth more in their hands (long history of accretive acquisitions with no write-offs to speak of), thus making the company more valuable for having it.

The herd is often wrong and the greatest profits are made against the herd (Warren Buffett's greedy/fearful teachings).
    May 30, 2014. 11:04 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung/LG seen eying sapphire as Gorilla Glass alternative; GTAT jumps [View news story]
    Margolis covers all of this. GTAT has patented processes that give it a great advantage. I had a feeling that it might be coming when they made those acquisitions, but I didn't have the smarts to put it all together. Matt did.

Honestly, I see sapphire eventually replacing glass in virtually everything. It might take 50 years, but even windows should eventually be made of sapphire. It's just matter of how long it takes for the cost to get low enough. Between now and then, it will gain economies of scale with each new application (thus making it logical for the next). This is a very long-term trend.
    May 23, 2014. 04:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Congrats to PTT Research's new analyst, Matt Margolis for an incredible call on this!
    May 23, 2014. 02:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Excuse me if I take the rest of the week away, everyone. A long weekend awaits and I'd like to focus on my strength and love -- analyzing companies :)

Cheers
    May 22, 2014. 09:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    I GREATLY applaud your success. However, GLUU makes games. That is something. DEFINITELY not as important as gasoline...however, as companies like Electronic Arts has shown, selling games can give a company a multi-billion dollar market cap.

Try to keep an open mind. It's easy to trash a business when its stock is down, but this company has been beating everyone's estimates. The company and the stock are not acting in unison...which is 100% normal. It happens.
    May 19, 2014. 01:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picks To Triple In A Correction [View article]
    Tell me about it! These drops can be VERY frustrating, but that's why doing deep research is important. If you have the deep research and follow the teachings of Buffett, Graham, Lynch, etc, you will have confidence in your stock. It will STILL feel frustrating, but you'll also be excited about the option to buy more before the next leg up.

One of Peter Lynch's best picks went from 16 to 3...BEFORE going to 50. Check it out at 24:00 of this video... http://bit.ly/1sLE6Mr Indeed, my best pick ever (Absolute Software) went from 4 to 3 in 9 months before going to 30.

The key is to buy a basket of stocks, exhibit patience, and be right on at least half of them. At present, patience is the key.
    May 19, 2014. 01:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • dELiA*s Is Poised To Triple [View article]
    Bazooka,

1. If I could make one recommendation, it would be that investors aim to stick to my Methodology to a tee. If your comments fit into that context, then I can agree with you (as long as the investor is willing and capable of seeing this thing through -- it has been, and will likely continue to be -- a bumpy ride that tests investors' resolve). Remember, this is likely to be a win-all or lose-all proposition.

2. A lower stock price doesn't deserve a another write-up unless there is something new in the fundamentals to warrant it. Remember, I am a fundamental analyst above all. If the stock is lower, it simply means that what I said before applies even more so. By itself, that isn't newsworthy ;)

3. I "handle" it fine. I've picked losers before and this might be one of them. If so, I'll do the same thing I always do -- apologize for people's losses and promise to keep trying harder to eliminate them. In the meantime, I urge investors to read my free Methodology at PoisedToTriple.com, especially the parts that pertain to my Speculative picks.

Cheers,