Mark Gottlieb

View Mark Gottlieb's Comments BY TICKER:
  • As Expected, Transocean Beats Earnings Estimates [View article]
    You can buy RIG bonds from most brokerage firms (e.g. eTrade, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Merrill Lynch, etc.).
    Aug 6, 2015. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As Expected, Transocean Beats Earnings Estimates [View article]
    Check out Global Marine Inc Sr Glbl Nt 7%28 (379352AL1). Priced at 63 with 13% YTM. It is owned by Transocean and has a similar credit rating to Transocean bonds (S&P BB+). Over last month it is down 11% while Transocean 7 1/2s down just 3%. I own a lot, great deal in my opinion.
    Aug 6, 2015. 02:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lawsuit Alleges Latest Lampert Deal Would Make Sears Insolvent [View article]
    Assuming this is accurate, here are the SHLD holdings of FAIRX http://bit.ly/1IAhjgH If FAIRX has anywhere near 13% of its assets in FAIRX, I would have figured FAIRX would have tanked this week with SHLD -31%. 26.5 million SHLD shares X 28.07 =744 million of 5.6 billion in assets =13% in SHLD.
    Jun 12, 2015. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lawsuit Alleges Latest Lampert Deal Would Make Sears Insolvent [View article]
    I'm not so sure how much Berkowitz owns. If he still had a large SHLD position, his FAIRX fund would be cratering this week along with SHLD stock. Maybe he unloaded a lot of SHLD before this latest price drop and is now buying more cheap SHLD stock or is more interested in owning the Seritage shares. I wonder how much did the Seritage rights take off the value of SHLD shares this week.
    Jun 12, 2015. 07:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2013 Delivers Higher Dividend Income At Lower Prices To Preferred Stock Investors [View article]
    Shawn, I sorted through the controversy on AFSI and MHLD. It sounded like someone trying to make money shorting AFSI. AFSI approved buying back its stock http://bit.ly/1dotCdS Insiders of AFSI have been buying a lot- http://yhoo.it/1eF8EOo MHNC was up 7% since I bought it. Lots of preferred stocks had a healthy new year's bounce after what I suspect was lots of year end tax selling. I'll see if their prices hold at these somewhat higher levels as trading gets back to normal this week. I think they should and think Maiden and AmTrust have more room to run. It's still best to be diversified with preferred stocks/fixed income and Doug knows the most about preferred stocks.
    Jan 5, 2014. 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I personally like MHNC (Maiden Holdings) which is an exchange traded debt security rated BBB-by S&P. It was issued on 11/18/13 at 25 and trades at 20.69 for a 9.36% current yield http://bit.ly/UPACHN
    Jan 1, 2014. 08:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GeoInvesting Responds To Bronte Capital On AmTrust [View article]
    MHNC also is a great buy in my opinion- Maiden Holdings reinsures AFSI and dropped with AFSI.

Investment grade exchange debt security- 11/18/13 IPO was at 25, currently 20.70 and 9.36%. I haven't seen anything this attractive in fixed income since I was scooping up investment grade European banking and telecom bonds last year in the 9-10% range. http://bit.ly/UPACHN
    Dec 29, 2013. 09:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nearly 8% Yield On Maiden Holdings Investment-Grade Exchange-Traded Debt Security [View article]
    I picked up some more Maiden on Friday, 7 3/4s at 20.70 (symbol MHNC) which came out at 25 about 1 month ago. Nice deal, 9.3% for this investment grade security.
    Dec 25, 2013. 10:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GeoInvesting Responds To Bronte Capital On AmTrust [View article]
    Look at all the big recent insider buying at AFSI including - I wouldn't be surprised if a AFSI short squeeze takes place soon. http://yhoo.it/1eF8EOo
    Dec 25, 2013. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AmTrust Financial Services: A House Of Cards? [View article]
    MH_PA also looks good to me after today's drop.
    Dec 18, 2013. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AmTrust Financial Services: A House Of Cards? [View article]
    At current pricing I like MHNC better. MHNA bounced nicely off the day's lows, MHNC didn't bounce much.
    Dec 18, 2013. 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AmTrust Financial Services: A House Of Cards? [View article]
    Another great buying opportunity for MHNA today.
    Dec 18, 2013. 01:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AmTrust Financial Services: A House Of Cards? [View article]
    The preferred shares of Maiden were a great deal before today and I suspect a much better deal now. Sounds like this was market manipulation to me.
    Dec 12, 2013. 06:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AmTrust Financial Services: A House Of Cards? [View article]
    I wouldn't be surprised if AmTrust and Maiden bounce back a lot tomorrow.
    Dec 12, 2013. 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sounds like market manipulation to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Maiden preferred shares have a big bounce soon. http://bloom.bg/1kE8m7O
    Dec 12, 2013. 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment