View Mark J. Perry's Articles BY TICKER:
- Jobless Claims as Percent of Payrolls Aren't as Bad as in Previous Recessions
- What Does Annual Real GDP Growth Teach Us?
- End of the Recession in 2009?
- Real Disposable Income and Saving Rate Were Up in December
- How Bad Was the 1980s Real Estate Crash?
- U.S. Housing Market: 1982 vs. 2009
Housing Affordability Surges
Jan. 30, 2009 • 25 Comments
- Beware False Claims about Jobless Numbers
- Baltic Dry Index: The Best Economic Indicator You've Never Heard of
- Capitalism and the Markets Fuel Economic Growth
- Average State December 2008 Jobless Rate Is Below Average Record High
- Should We Care If China Is Manipulating the Yuan?
- Deja Vu All Over Again: 1992 vs. 2009 Economy
- Adjusted for Labor Force Growth, Jobless Claims Are Below the 1990-91 Recession
- How Much Has Government Grown?
- Putting the Recession in Perspective
- Mortgage Rates Fall to Record Low, Housing Affordability Surges to Record High
- If There's Life After Steel in Pittsburgh, There's Still Hope for Detroit
Commercial Bank Share of Consumer Credit Tops 32%
Jan. 8, 2009 • Comment!
- Will We See a Debt-Financed Consumer Spending Spree?
- Mortgage Rates Fall to a Record Low Level
- Lower Gas Prices Are Saving U.S. Consumers $1 Billion a Day
- $10 an Hour Pay Gap = Billions of Extra Dollars a Year
- Falling Prices Stimulate Michigan Home Sales
- Traffic Volume Continues to Decrease in October
- Distortions in Comparing Unadjusted Jobless Claims: Labor Force Increased 41% Since 1981
- Excluding Five Worst States, November 2008 Foreclosures Down by 1.10%
- Real Gas Prices at 6-Year Low: A $346 Billion Savings
Real Price of Gas Falls to Five-Year Lows
Dec. 6, 2008 • 12 Comments
Housing Affordability Reaches All-Time High
Dec. 5, 2008 • 14 Comments
October Housing Affordability Surges to Highest Level Since 2002
Dec. 4, 2008 • 6 Comments
Economies Improve in Three States - How Can We Copy Them?
Dec. 3, 2008 • 10 Comments