View Mark Kowalski's Articles BY TICKER:
Don't Short Staples, But Don't Buy It Either
- The earnings results of the past quarter were brutal.
- Staples seems to be trying hard to curb the declining sales across all of its segments, however in doing so it is killing its own margins.
- The company can rely on consistently profitable operations from the B2B segment, and online store focus and retail store closures will pave the way for a more profitable future.
- The stock has been punished significantly already, and the company is still in a strong financial position which is unlikely to change anytime soon.
Apply Warren Buffett's Brand Of Drywall To Your Portfolio
- USG Corp continues its recovery streak posting the largest net income since 2007.
- The new USG Boral Building Products Joint Venture has posted strong results for its full operational quarter and has a bright future.
- Berkshire Hathaway owns 27% of the shares indicating Buffett’s confidence in the company and the potential for a takeover.
Activision Preparing For Knockout Releases
- Destiny is the first major release by Bungie with Activision and is incredibly highly anticipated.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is slated to be another blockbuster release in the series this year.
- Sales similar to Take Two’s GTA V last year could propel the stock price, creating a strong buy opportunity.
Sherwin-Williams: Rising Sky High And No Sign Of Stopping
- Sherwin Williams reported a very strong quarter with record sales and strong EPS growth.
- The company has an incredible ability to continue growing sales organically without sacrificing margin.
- Despite the stock price premium and potential legal liability SHW is a buy at these levels.
Norwegian Cruises: Wait For The Calm Following The Acquisition Storm
- Norwegian paid $3.025B for the acquisition of 8 ships through two brands run by Prestige cruises.
- Norwegian’s improving results bode well for this acquisition despite the expensive price.
- With a high level of debt, Norwegian is too risky an investment in this transition period.
- 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid
- Take-Two Interactive: What You Need To Know About The Blowout Quarter - GTA V Sales And Earnings Results
- Royal Caribbean - Margins And Outlook Are Improving, Get On Board
- Wal-Mart - Less Than Great Results Have Undervalued This Retail Giant
- GM Earnings Preview: What Impact Does Ford's Blowout Quarter Have On GM?
- Sherwin-Williams: What Could Possibly Justify The Premium For This Paint Supplier?
- Norwegian Cruise Ships Are Drowning In Debt, Save Yourself
- Sherwin-Williams: Comex Acquisition Blocked, But Results Are Still Strong
- Great News For Car Makers - U.S. Vehicles Are Getting Older And Older
- Profit From The Recent Sell-Off By Loading Up On This Canadian REIT
- Will Grand Theft Auto V Be Enough Of A Hit For Take-Two Interactive?
- Look Beyond The Dividend: The Pitney Bowes Fallacy And The Advance Auto Parts Oversight
- Riocan REIT: A Strong Canadian REIT To Diversify Your Dividend Portfolio
- Sherwin-Williams: Good Paint, Great Company, Poor Valuation
- Cruise Lines Into 2013 - Royal Caribbean Strongly Undervalued Compared With Peers
- USG Corp - Will 2013 Be A Turnaround Year?
- LinkedIn - There's Nowhere To Go But Down From Here
- A Look At Chevron's Full-Year 2012 Earnings Release
- Upcoming Earnings Releases In The Video Game Industry
- A Look At Chevron And Exxon's Upcoming Earnings Releases
- Aflac: The Gem Your Dividend Portfolio Needs
- Reviewing Chevron's Performance In The Last Part Of 2012
- 3 Canadian REITs To Diversify Your Dividend Income Portfolio
- 'Tis Not The Season To Be Jolly At EA
- Why LinkedIn Is Different In Social Media, And How To Profit From This
- Why LinkedIn Is Different In Social Media And Why That Still Doesn't Justify Its Price