Mark Kowalski

View Mark Kowalski's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Take-Two: This Videogame Company Looks Cheap [View article]
    Excellent, thanks Kevin,

Look forward to your next articles
    Jan 17 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take-Two: This Videogame Company Looks Cheap [View article]
    Awesome, thanks alot Whatsup!
    Jan 16 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Take-Two: This Videogame Company Looks Cheap [View article]
    Excellent Piece Kevin, very informative,

Out of curiosity how did you come up with the per unit revenues of $40 per title, is this a broad estimate or did you try to calculate this for some previous titles or quarters?

I definitely agree that TTWO is in an excellent position and I like managements committment to making each coming year profitable, but I am not sure there will be much upward momentum in the shares in the near future. GTA V was absolutely huge, so it will be a tough act for the company to follow, and I think this is what concerns investors.

Thanks
    Mark
    Jan 16 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Thanks Boom, I will certainly keep it in mind
    Dec 14 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Thats an excellent point, thanks rdbach.

Predicting the flow of exchange rates is well beyond my scope but it will certainly influence future returns significantly.

On the other hand, there are something like 130 US traded REITs for US investors to choose from, so perhaps that would be a better option.
    Dec 13 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Interesting, do you have any info/sources to support this, IE that the rate of issues is higher than in US public companies or other countries?
    Dec 13 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    ZRE is the Canadian equal weights REIT, it owns 18 Reits in relatively equal weights (they were equal when the fund started, now have changed due to price fluctuations). MER is 0.55%

XRE owns 2 REITs in disproportionate holdings, Riocan and H&R at 19 and 15% respectively and the balance is a variety of others with weights from 7% downwards. MER is 0.55%
    Dec 13 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Also no personal bias, I haven't owned it in the past, nor do I own/plan to own it now
    Dec 13 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Matthew - For my purpose here, I would consider Dundee to be more risky, a 25% drop vs. the reit markets 12% is a red flag to me. Sorry if I was not very clear, and I would love to do a more detailed analysis of it at another time, but in this market with the uncertainty regarding interest rates (and more explicitly the uncertainty regarding the REIT markets reaction to interest rates) I would not recommend a stock that is underperforming to such a degree in a bear market.

Mark
    Dec 13 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Not really choosing winners and loosers, I am not trying to find the REIT that will jump 20% in the next quarter.
    As stated above, I am not banking on a unit price recovery in the near future. Instead I am looking for a high yield investment that will provide good quality returns and hold its value as we pass through these interest rate increases.
    In a bear market, shares that perform worse than their peer group are a red flag to me, they signal that the company is facing more problems than just the deteriorating industry conditions, and that creates very difficult operating conditions. As a result, I picked the bottom three under this thesis.
    I would love to put out a more detailed analysis of each REITs operations and results, perhaps in the New Year time permitting. I have already covered Riocan in depth, and touched a bit on Calloway and HR in a previous piece if you are interested

Thanks for pointing out the typo, it should have been 94.6 %. I have sent it for revision.

Mark
    Dec 13 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian REITs That Look Promising, And 3 To Avoid [View article]
    From what I have heard, I don't think the Target stores are doing exceptionally well but they seem to be here to stay. Riocan does have a high quality of tenants, as does Calloway based on their highly desirable locations

I haven't done much analysis on Artis, but will keep it in mind for future pieces, thanks
    Dec 13 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Lucrative Stocks You've Never Heard Of [View article]
    Awesome write-up, very interesting, and particularly for Kona. I will have to add it to my watchlist

Thanks,
    Mark
    Nov 5 02:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Take-Two Interactive: What You Need To Know About The Blowout Quarter - GTA V Sales And Earnings Results [View article]
    Well put Momintn, and I absolutely agree, for a company with a history of hit and miss profitability to be able to make this announcement should be pretty huge news to the markets.
    Thanks for the comment
    Mark
    Nov 2 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Absolutely, and the stock is back up higher than it was pre-earnings time, this was a very confusing and volatile market reaction and it seems to have fully settled.

Problem is 2k sports isn't really enough to make the company profitable, without GTA V the quarter results were a loss of $140 M. I am hoping the lineup of 10 games for the next 1.5 years contains at least 2-3 big rockstar titles that will benefit from the current momentum and bring home big sales figures.

Thanks for the comment,
    Mark
    Nov 2 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mentioned directly above your comment under PC sales, have a look

Historically PC sales of GTA games are minimal due to the delay

Mark