Mark Mansfield

View Mark Mansfield's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Services Companies Poised To Pop [View article]
    Thank you for finally recognizing Ryder. Your P/E recognition is right, but look at price to sales... Ryder has an astounding .36 P/S and a solid and consistent dividend yield.
    Jun 1 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasoned Case For Avanafil Approval [View article]
    I would make a further point that what I am hearing is that avanafil is particularly PDE5 selective. This is a positive both for this use and potentially PH use if they move for approval there as well, given that one of the issues with sildenafil is PDE 3/6/9 activity that contributes amongst other things to visual and auditory side effects, the so called "seeing blue."
    Apr 18 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Molycorp Is a Buy Despite Its Sticker Price [View article]
    I sold my Molycorp at $72.00, acquired at $45. I haven't been in the stock in quite some time. Has it bottomed? Not sure, no longer an expert and I am not going to claim that I am. Clearly for the moment the momo has gone out of the story. Should China rebound the story might be different, but for now I'm not interested. There was a guy on here called "rare earths millionaire" who had all his $$ in rare earths, millions, including very low priced rare earth stocks. I told him to diversify, he refused. I liked Molycorp for a time on a short term basis, I was never advocating throwing your nest egg in rare earths, I'm not crazy. :)
    Dec 30 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 'Buy' Rated Tech Stocks to Consider [View article]
    $RVBD can not be compared to $CSCO given that $RVBD has much higher growth. Additionally, $RVBD is #1 in WAN optimization space, whereas $CSCO is #2... which would make for a compelling M&A story for $RVBD... $CSCO may just buy that growth in a purchase of $RVBD likely at a considerable premium to current market price.
    Aug 22 11:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Assessing Leverage Rates for Large Mortgage REITs [View article]
    $R Ryder, has nothing to do with mortgage REITS... you should remove that tag!
    Aug 18 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Lightning Round - Cisco Is No Longer in the Doghouse (8/16/11) [View article]
    Does Cramer understand what Riverbed does? "Telco tech?!" Riverbed operates in some of the same segments that Cisco does. Most notably WAN optimization. In WAN optimization Riverbed is #1. Cisco is #2. Bluecoat Systems just indicated they missed in part due to competition from Riverbed and Cisco. And if Cisco were to do a great merger... it would buy Riverbed to take the WAN optimization space.
    Aug 17 07:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 17 Stocks with Falling P/E, Rising EPS, and Strong Sources of Profitability [View article]
    I 100% agree with this analysis as far as Coinstar is concerned. I have bought Coinstar on several dips and been very successful in doing so. Too many folks believe that because THEY like streaming technology, that Coinstar's model is dead. Living in a lower income area of Dallas, TX, I can see nothing further from the truth as Coinstar kiosks are very busy. And as earnings has accelerated, Coinstar has become very cheap. Coinstar is also now testing new $1.20 pricing (20% increase over prior $1.00 rentals) in the Austin, TX area with good results. This will only add to earnings. I would be a buyer of Coinstar here and I think you will be soon richly rewarded in doing so.
    Aug 16 09:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Netflix, Buy Coinstar Instead [View article]
    I remember you used to comment on my CSTR articles saying this company was toast at $38.00. Did you ride that short straight through to $60.00 and get crushed? Coinstar isn't trading at P/E's that suggest massive growth and a crash when such growth doesn't materialize, that stock would be NFLX. :)
    Aug 6 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Netflix, Buy Coinstar Instead [View article]
    I agree with this piece 100%. I wasn't in CSTR for awhile after buying in at $38 and selling at $42. I am back into my position now a few days ago. I certainly have the misfortune of buying in just before the downturn in the broad markets, but CSTR is compellingly cheap on a valuations basis, particularly when compared to NFLX. JPM, who was negative on CSTR after one of the weaker quarters, just raised to a neutral today, admitting that CSTR is now pretty much priced for armageddon. This nonsense about CSTR being a dying model is rediculous too. CSTR is extremely popular, particularly in the lower income areas of Dallas amongst those who don't want or can't afford a subscription or are not into streaming technology. Personally, I don't much care for NFLX given their weak selection.
    Aug 5 04:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Think Deere Is a Buy Ahead of Earnings [View article]
    I still think DE blows it away on earnings... I have somewhat less conviction in light of the recent downtrend that we reach $100+ by earnings or immediately after, but on an intermediate basis, particularly if the 50dma holds over the next few days... I like Deere.
    May 4 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Think Deere Is a Buy Ahead of Earnings [View article]
    Ha ha... it doesn't make much sense. Today DE was down because the market as a whole and grains were down... I'm confident Deere will come running back. Pun definitely intended.
    May 3 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Molycorp's Project Phoenix Rising Along With Its NPV [View article]
    Rather consistent with your view and that of increasing and stable high rare earth prices... Dahlman Rose raised MCP to $125 this evening. Full Investment report here... www.marksmarketanalysi...
    May 2 10:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Molycorp Is a Buy Despite Its Sticker Price [View article]
    Looks like you have some pics and some more info... seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Apr 25 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The China Surprise Is Lurking [View article]
    DE is ag... I don't see this as the same sort of investment as CAT. CAT is dependent on things like building Chinese roads and cities. DE supplies the farming equipment needed to feed the world. I can definitely envision a scenario where Chinese rural construction slows, but food prices still keep the sale of ag equipment alive.
    Apr 21 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Jim Cramer Sell Ideas Gone Wrong [View article]
    Cramer and I had a big twitter fight over MCP and he wrote a street.com article refuting me when MCP was in the 60s saying that it was just a short squeeze "he knew because Pegasus Partners" was acquiring more shares and just trying to squeeze their own position. 1. The regulatory filing came out way after he started bashing MCP. 2. Who cares who is buying the stock? As long as someone is buying, longs will benefit. Cramer also indicated he would start liking MCP when they started using their market cap... well, they've started to become acquisitive. So mea culpa Cramer??
    Apr 20 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment