Mark Meadows

View Mark Meadows' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Initial Take On BlackBerry Earnings - Sell [View article]
    This is why you can't fall in love with a stock. I love the product - and ordered the Q10 as soon as I could. But, that never means there are a bunch of other people like me to do the same. The stock on the other hand is too dependent on these two products... not something I would want to get involved with.
    Jun 28 07:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sterne Agee Zynga Warning A Gift [View article]
    That was a pure disclosure. I did not say that I had just purchased them or recommend that anyone else purchase them. I have preferred calls to going long the stock because volatility is down and ATM spreads can be purchased relatively cheaply.
    Jan 24 07:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn Finally A 'Safe' Short [View article]
    If there were a high short interest, it might worry me at this point - a short squeeze could potentially send LNKD much higher. All you need for the price to drop here is for people to start realizing their gains... which I don't think is a far-fetched proposition.
    Jun 18 01:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. The "trend line" you mention that goes above is not a trend line - it's a Fibo retracement from the recent high/low, but I just don't mention it in the article because SA prefers fundamental analysis. Also, I agree that technically, BBRY doesn't look good - but until it breaks lower, it could still bounce higher.
    Jun 11 07:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Heading Below $7 Per Share Again [View article]
    Looks like $4.7 billion is a deal. That's around $9 per share. BBRY can shop around in the mean time, but would owe $0.30 per share if it goes somewhere else... http://onforb.es/16meZuN
    Sep 23 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Heading Below $7 Per Share Again [View article]
    Because the comment boards are filled with people holding out "hope." Hope is not an investment thesis.
    Sep 23 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions Linger, Making Lululemon A Sell Before Earnings [View article]
    Prices down 7% in premarket even though earnings beat. Guidance was revised down.

Looks like you'll get the opportunity to make that "steal" in the low-60s, but I expect prices will continue to move lower with high inventories that could lead to pressure on margins.
    Sep 12 09:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Heading For The Teens [View article]
    Also, if you took a look at other articles I've wrote - there was one a couple months back where I talked about how I liked HPQ and thought it was heading to $33. But, for me, the revelation that they were walking back predictions for YoY revenue growth was a game changer. And now, I think it's going lower.

That says nothing about the long-term prospects - and if forced to make a decision, I think it is higher in five years than it is today. But, it goes lower from here.
    Aug 27 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Heading For The Teens [View article]
    What is HPQ's profit this year? Sure, they had the Autonomy write-down - and I give you that they have cash... but what business are they going to get in if they are having trouble with enterprise? What are they going to do if they can't grow revenues? Printers is a dying business, even though margins are expanding. PCs?
    Aug 27 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Heading For The Teens [View article]
    The surprise was not the EPS. Instead, it was the fact that Meg went back on her earlier promise to have YoY revenue growth in 2014. That is a big deal and shows she was not able to do what she said she would do, not just a year ago, but this year.
    Aug 27 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Is A Buy, But It's Not The Time To Rush Into Position [View article]
    I like BAC - wouldn't characterize it as the industry leader, but the price/book ratio is currently around 0.7 and should revert to 1.
    Jul 9 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Initial Take On BlackBerry Earnings - Sell [View article]
    The only positive advice that I would give is to buy protection via puts - or... if you expect the big move to happen in mid-2014, sell covered calls for dates before then and collect premium in the meantime. You have to manage the position and not "hope" that the results will align with your vision.
    Jun 28 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn Finally A 'Safe' Short [View article]
    I also went short above $180 at the end of last week. Still in it despite the dip into the high $160s. In this market, the first equities that will be killed will be the ones that are trading at obscene valuations. Of course, I am covered on the upside via options.
    Jun 26 11:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SPY Has Another 5% To Fall [View article]
    Believe we would have a long way to go from here to dub this a bear market. Just don't see 1,000 S&P any time barring another crisis.
    Jun 21 05:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn Finally A 'Safe' Short [View article]
    I would agree with you in that you don't want to get in front of a moving train. This is why I would not have entered the trade at any lower - or for that matter, higher - levels. However, as I mentioned in the article, I believe that LNKD is no longer a moving train.

When going short, you have to be extremely picky due to the inherent risks (and there is a difference between shorting at $178 and $180+). Therefore, I would look to go short at levels above $180 for a break lower, and using a stop (or, more likely, option protection) above the all-time high. $15-20 risk for what I believe could be $60 profit.
    Jun 18 08:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment