Mark Meadows

View Mark Meadows' Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry Is At A Critical Point [View article]
    They're just piling in the good news before Q4 ends for them this week.
    Feb 25 07:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Heading Below $7 Per Share Again [View article]
    It's not marketing, it's image. It's the reason that people turned away from JCP and Hotmail as an email system. With Q10 and Z10 failing in the market, there's no amount of rebranding that can make that up. And I own a Q10 - and like it. But I can recognize that everyone else doesn't want to give it a chance.
    Sep 24 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Heading Below $7 Per Share Again [View article]
    Looks like $4.7 billion is a deal. That's around $9 per share. BBRY can shop around in the mean time, but would owe $0.30 per share if it goes somewhere else... http://onforb.es/16meZuN
    Sep 23 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Heading Below $7 Per Share Again [View article]
    Because the comment boards are filled with people holding out "hope." Hope is not an investment thesis.
    Sep 23 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Initial Take On BlackBerry Earnings - Sell [View article]
    The only positive advice that I would give is to buy protection via puts - or... if you expect the big move to happen in mid-2014, sell covered calls for dates before then and collect premium in the meantime. You have to manage the position and not "hope" that the results will align with your vision.
    Jun 28 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Initial Take On BlackBerry Earnings - Sell [View article]
    It's not a premarket trick. Granted, the real price action will come when the market opens, but this is not a stock you want to own here.
    Jun 28 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Initial Take On BlackBerry Earnings - Sell [View article]
    This is why you can't fall in love with a stock. I love the product - and ordered the Q10 as soon as I could. But, that never means there are a bunch of other people like me to do the same. The stock on the other hand is too dependent on these two products... not something I would want to get involved with.
    Jun 28 07:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    To me, the 6% move today is exactly what I was referencing. I expect BBRY to be very volatile this month and in the week following earnings before a true direction can be determined. For those of us who like BBRY but remain skeptical, it hurts to see the price jump - but ultimately is a more responsible risk management than rushing in ahead of an important announcement.
    Jun 13 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    Well the stock hasn't traded at your "book value" but once in the past year. Can't wish the price higher, but have to look at what the tape gives you.
    Jun 11 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    If the Z10/Q10 disappoint, then what does BBRY do? Continue R&D to develop more devices, depleting some of their cash... or break off assets and provide shareholders with realized value? I think the second would be more likely than asking shareholders to continue to support a company whose time has passed.
    Jun 11 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. The "trend line" you mention that goes above is not a trend line - it's a Fibo retracement from the recent high/low, but I just don't mention it in the article because SA prefers fundamental analysis. Also, I agree that technically, BBRY doesn't look good - but until it breaks lower, it could still bounce higher.
    Jun 11 07:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    I think that BBRY needs to realize shareholder value. I don't think they have five years to do that. After all, five years ago, the price was above $140 per share.
    Jun 11 07:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month [View article]
    My opinion: would buy around $11. I think the market might get ahead of itself and sell off sharply again. But, at these price levels and until the earnings report this month released, I am not touching the stock.
    Jun 11 07:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment