Mark Thomas

View Mark Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • MGM Resorts catches some interest [View news story]
    $24 in six months!
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boyd Gaming Still Has Potential Upside [View article]
    The Boyd family doesn't follow the snake oil of the day that Wall Street sells like leveraged buyouts did to CZR and STN in 2007. REIT conversion is the new financial engineering and PENN is going forward but I doubt BYD would even consider.
    May 28, 2013. 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boyd Gaming Still Has Potential Upside [View article]
    MGM lost their right to 50% in Borgata. They are currently reapplying and will probably regain their 50% stake. Boyd Gaming's financials reflect 100% ownership so technically I'm correct. I should have noted the rest of the story but it is a confusing subject and Seeking Alpha made me revise article four times which is just ridiculous.
    May 28, 2013. 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 7 Reasons Why People Hate QE [View article]
    Inceredible thing to point out, high yield now equals yield on a treasury from 2006, three phd economists in charge of the capital markets for the US. While may be needed it is an incredibly dangerous thing.
    May 26, 2013. 09:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why My Trading Strategy Began Changing March 15 [View article]
    I only have traded this year since Feb 13th and I have been dramatically outperforming the S+P 500 and your VIG benchmark.

Return Since 2/13/13

Stock Trading Coach Perform Vs. VIG
    13.44% 10.00%
    VIG
    3.44%

Stock Trading Coach Perform Vs. S+P 500
    13.44% 10.58%
    S+P 500
    2.86%

I use somewhat a combination of valuation and technical analysis for screening. However most of it is based on my instincts, following stocks for years and the market backdrop that I'm trading in.
    Apr 8, 2013. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Currency Markets, QE4 And Silver Prices [View article]
    If you shorted at $34.40, why not cover at under $30 and now be long.

You can't get one trade right and then miss the other?
    Jan 3, 2013. 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pause That Refreshes... Look For A Sharp Uptrend In Precious Metals [View article]
    silver price advisor.com likes silver better!
    Dec 7, 2012. 02:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Demand Is Key To Rising Silver Prices [View article]
    SLV and SIVR allow JPM and HSBC to cheapen the cost of their derivative silver positions.

PHYS does not. Take physical delivery of your silver or own PHYS!

I like my silver held by custodian who doesn't have a conflict of interest, allows for physical delivery and if a short-squeeze occurs the premium will soar.
    Dec 6, 2012. 07:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    That is why ETF's are nice. I can sell with a click and commission is only $7. Last year when physical holders finally decided t sell, price wasn't $45, its was $35 in a couple of days.

Physical is fine for a core holding, PSLV or SIVR are for swing trading and liquidity.
    Oct 24, 2012. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    That is a good strategy too! Buy physical and hold can be a great strategy too. I would consider selling some on big rallies and buyback on big dips like 20%.
    Oct 24, 2012. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    Stocks:

Futures:

Mini-Sized Silver 10/29

Oct 24, 2012. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    We have almost corrected 10% off $35 high, I'm fully invested in silver for all of my precious metals exposure which is 50% of my overall invested assets.

Oct 24, 2012. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    I really like silver now between $30-31, 11.2%-14.28% off its recent $35 price high.

Oct 23, 2012. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    Sorry, that was:

Oct 21, 2012. 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Rising Asset Prices An Illusion? [View article]
    My point is not so much that Keynes was wrong. It is the effects of Bernanke and these policies hurt the middle class and even the upper income and wealthy who have financial assets while they think their asset prices are increasing, it is more of an illusion than reality.
    Oct 11, 2012. 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment