Mark Thomas

View Mark Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bullish On Precious Metals Yet Taking Some Profits [View article]
    I would say cautious. If I was bearish I would have sold 100% of my positions. There is gray, not just black an white.
    Oct 3 02:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Divorced Gold Six Months Ago [View article]
    If you want the opposite side of this story and what this guy is missing:

See website: www.thesilvershortage.com/

Newsletter that has been making thousands while this guy writes.
    Feb 28 04:16 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish On Precious Metals Yet Taking Some Profits [View article]
    My issue with the miners is that they trade at about 5 times revenue. That is fully valued in my opinion historically so that is why I only have 40% exposure now. At these levels they need an explosive move higher in the physical price to justify another leg higher.

Since authoring this article and it getting published I sold another 10% position in Endeavor SIlver (EKX). I now only own Kinross (KGC) and Newmont (NEM) because they trade around three times revenue. I also own the Junior miners ETF (GDXJ) because I like having exposure to junior miners but not in specific stocks, just a basket.
    Oct 3 03:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The Next Gold Buyer? [View article]
    This guy just went on Fox Business News and said he was short gold futures. Now he is only short silver, which is it? Did you change your mind?

I'm all in with gold 90% and 10% silver.

If you want to hear from someone with investment conviction about gold and gold mining stocks. See our website highergoldprices.com and sign up for a free 30 day trial.

Our targets are much higher than current prices!
    Sep 14 04:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of The Gold Bull As We Know It? [View article]
    I like the bold call even though I disagree. The author has great credibility because he has been right for years.

However he hasn't done his research fully. He is ignoring the global monetary abuse, debt and currency bubbles that are yet to collapse. I understand using a traditional approach to making a judgement about valuation however I think it is flawed. There is a billion potential investors still left around the world. When they realize their wealth is being stolen by monetary policy they will eventually be forced into precious metals. Therefore on any 5-10% pullback we advocate adding to positions.

If your interested in a newsletter update service that still thinks gold will be $5000 and silver at $150 by the end of 2015 sign for a free 30 day trial of our service at highergoldprices.com.
    Sep 7 04:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Majestic: Silver Miner With the Most Shine [View article]
    If you want information like this to make some more money from this kind of information, go to the:

thesilvershortage.com
    Mar 18 11:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Rising Asset Prices An Illusion? [View article]
    My point is not so much that Keynes was wrong. It is the effects of Bernanke and these policies hurt the middle class and even the upper income and wealthy who have financial assets while they think their asset prices are increasing, it is more of an illusion than reality.
    Oct 11 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur d'Alene: My Favorite Silver Miner [View article]
    Thanks for the comments.

See my web site for my silver price targets.

thesilvershortage.com

Get a free report on silver and a thirty day trial of my newsletter.
    Feb 23 07:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boyd Gaming Still Has Potential Upside [View article]
    MGM lost their right to 50% in Borgata. They are currently reapplying and will probably regain their 50% stake. Boyd Gaming's financials reflect 100% ownership so technically I'm correct. I should have noted the rest of the story but it is a confusing subject and Seeking Alpha made me revise article four times which is just ridiculous.
    May 28 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 7 Reasons Why People Hate QE [View article]
    Inceredible thing to point out, high yield now equals yield on a treasury from 2006, three phd economists in charge of the capital markets for the US. While may be needed it is an incredibly dangerous thing.
    May 26 09:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Demand Is Key To Rising Silver Prices [View article]
    SLV and SIVR allow JPM and HSBC to cheapen the cost of their derivative silver positions.

PHYS does not. Take physical delivery of your silver or own PHYS!

I like my silver held by custodian who doesn't have a conflict of interest, allows for physical delivery and if a short-squeeze occurs the premium will soar.
    Dec 6 07:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Precious Metals Investors Fear October? [View article]
    At GoldSilverGains.com our members took some profits and reduced our ETF exposure even while were still bullish long-term.
    Oct 1 02:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fear Pays: Why There Is Still Enough To Buy Stocks [View article]
    Your comparing the Chinese stock market with the US market.

Not a great comparison.

I might be wrong for the next two weeks but over the next 2-3 months I will be right.
    May 30 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of The Gold Bull As We Know It? [View article]
    We at Higher Gold Prices.com think that the dramatic rise in gold and silver prices are a reflection in the diminishing value of currencies and an accounting of excessive money and credit creation since 1980. This is a monetary phenomenon and is now entering the third and last phase where it becomes a bubble but that is the stage where the biggest price gains will occur.

In fact we think gold will be $5000 and silver $150 by the end of 2015. We invest 100% in gold and silver exchange traded funds and mining stocks. We feel so strongly we also started a newsletter update service devoted to the subject.

For a 30 free trial of our service go to: www.highergoldprices.com/.
    Sep 10 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It May Be Time for a Pause in Silver's Run [View article]
    26 years is your time period.

Try plotting the ratio over the last three hundred or a couple thousand years.

For information that can make you money from silver see: thesilvershortage.com
    Mar 10 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment