Mark Thomas

View Mark Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Eyeing Miner Coeur d'Alene to Profit From the Silver Bull [View article]
    Like I said, its past has kept its valuation lower. Look at performance lately and it is smoking others.
    Mar 8 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MGM Resorts catches some interest [View news story]
    $24 in six months!
    Sep 13 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boyd Gaming Still Has Potential Upside [View article]
    The Boyd family doesn't follow the snake oil of the day that Wall Street sells like leveraged buyouts did to CZR and STN in 2007. REIT conversion is the new financial engineering and PENN is going forward but I doubt BYD would even consider.
    May 28 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why My Trading Strategy Began Changing March 15 [View article]
    I only have traded this year since Feb 13th and I have been dramatically outperforming the S+P 500 and your VIG benchmark.

Return Since 2/13/13

Stock Trading Coach Perform Vs. VIG
    13.44% 10.00%
    VIG
    3.44%

Stock Trading Coach Perform Vs. S+P 500
    13.44% 10.58%
    S+P 500
    2.86%

I use somewhat a combination of valuation and technical analysis for screening. However most of it is based on my instincts, following stocks for years and the market backdrop that I'm trading in.
    Apr 8 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Currency Markets, QE4 And Silver Prices [View article]
    If you shorted at $34.40, why not cover at under $30 and now be long.

You can't get one trade right and then miss the other?
    Jan 3 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pause That Refreshes... Look For A Sharp Uptrend In Precious Metals [View article]
    silver price advisor.com likes silver better!
    Dec 7 02:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    That is why ETF's are nice. I can sell with a click and commission is only $7. Last year when physical holders finally decided t sell, price wasn't $45, its was $35 in a couple of days.

Physical is fine for a core holding, PSLV or SIVR are for swing trading and liquidity.
    Oct 24 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    That is a good strategy too! Buy physical and hold can be a great strategy too. I would consider selling some on big rallies and buyback on big dips like 20%.
    Oct 24 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    Stocks:

Futures:

Mini-Sized Silver 10/29

Oct 24 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    We have almost corrected 10% off $35 high, I'm fully invested in silver for all of my precious metals exposure which is 50% of my overall invested assets.

Oct 24 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    I really like silver now between $30-31, 11.2%-14.28% off its recent $35 price high.

Oct 23 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction In Silver Is A Longer-Term Opportunity [View article]
    Sorry, that was:

Oct 21 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • James Turk: Update On The Gold Fundamentals [View instapost]
    I love Gold and Silver long-term but markets might get shaky her over the next month. I suggested subscribers to GoldSilverGains.com take profits and raise cash. I'm more concerned about a correction in the miners than the physical.
    Oct 10 01:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish On Precious Metals Yet Taking Some Profits [View article]
    I agree and I always promote the concept that it is all right to take s of some profits on on just portions of your positions and yet retain some core metals or mining positions. You have to understand at the beginning of the quarter I was the equivalent of 140% in precious.
    Now between my ETF and mining positions I'm only about 45% invested. I have reduced my exposure now my almost two thirds yet still suggest having 45% in precious metals.
    Oct 6 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish On Precious Metals Yet Taking Some Profits [View article]
    IAG looks interesting on a valuation basis.
    Oct 4 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment