Market Scholar

View Market Scholar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Follow up to article available at http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 22 07:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack

Fair enough, I may have interpreted your message

I will not claim to be an expert in anything financial, particularly fundamentals.

I do see many fundamental issues however. Do you give any consideration to some of the arguments Hugh Hendry makes?

Apr 21 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Haha, thank you for this
    Apr 21 08:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Tack, everyone has an opinion, that's what makes a market

I didn't just wake up one day and say "hey, feels like a good day for a short"

I have spent some time now studying quite a few different schools of thought in regards to investing. I try to approach things with an open mind, and consider as many options as possible.

You speak of some sort of fear I am trying to provoke; I have no such intention. I don't see any problem in participating in an open dialogue about such a difficult things as investing is

I don't believe my methodology should be considered "punditry"

Your argument regarding about liquidity and capital allocation is a good one. Sadly I can only consider so many things, but hopefully in time I will be able to add it to my list.

Regards
    Apr 21 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Apr 21 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    How can we be in a secular bull when inflation adjusted prices are still off the highs? The S&P, while at nominal highs, have not broken the bear range when adjusted for inflation. What about the Nasdaq?
    Apr 21 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    No, far from it, and an important consideration

I am attempting to address this point as we speak.
    Apr 21 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Leopardtrader

I, and most proprietary traders, do not receive salaries, and only make money if I generate returns. There is a very large industry of proprietary traders that have been doing this for many many years.

All the best
    Apr 21 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack

It is great that your are to assured of your outlook.

At present, I am not assured of anything in the markets. On a risk to reward basis however, I prefer long put options.

Perhaps you should question your resolute bullish perspective?
    Apr 21 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Haha,

Sadly I can not rule this out as a possibility
    Apr 21 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Leopardtrader

You are completely right, historical performance is no indicator of future performance.

That being said, an entire industry of technical analysts, proprietary traders, and investment fund managers would likely agree that history can prove to be a very useful road map

Regards
    Apr 21 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Np. I personally don't have this information, but it certainly provides reason for the growth in health care
    Apr 21 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Your statement is faulty for many reasons

1) I rarely take broad market positions, typically only on individual equities
    2) The fact that this is my first market short in 2013 does not imply I took shorts between 2009-12.
    3) If I had in fact shorted the market, there were many times when shorts would have been profitable between 2009-2012.
    Apr 21 01:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    One can visit my StockTwits profile where I discuss many trades I am taking if interested. My exposure often changes on a daily basis
    Apr 21 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    Yes. I believe many of the charts are quite clear on this

And the correlation is included on many charts
    Apr 21 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment