Markos Kaminis

View Markos Kaminis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Getting The Returns Without The Risk [View article]
    Thanks. Great piece. I definitely fear rising rates. See my latest http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 8 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: Commerzbank Settlement, Open Interconnect Consortium, Samsung Troubles [View article]
    Quiet day today, looking ahead. I'm most concerned about tomorrow, as I think the Fed could kill stocks depending on the intensity of rate discussion in the FOMC minutes release... I just published on the topic: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 8 08:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    @Debutant Funny last sentence.. I liked it a lot.
    Jul 7 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Visit me on Twitter or Facebook, as, if I have more to say...:

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1r2z93e
    Twitter: http://bit.ly/1r2z93i
    Jul 7 06:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Who needs security clearance... You've got me.
    Jul 7 06:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Cisco's response to it was targeted at the government and was very serious. Wouldn't they have simply said it was a fake if it was clearly a fake? Hmm, maybe other things or people are fake.
    Jul 7 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Now there's a business idea (for the NSA). Develop a "safe" delivery company and go public. Hey, wait a second... you don't think Blackberry...?
    Jul 7 06:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Oh, of course not... Please do read my article about Lenovo's interest in Blackberry and why the US should NEVER allow it to happen. http://seekingalpha.co...

Did you see the story recently about Chinese gear having pre-installed spyware? Heck, do you think your cheaply priced Ethernet cables or USB memory devices are safe? The thing is, you're not important enough until you write something like this... aw gee whiz!
    Jul 7 06:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    is it even in second gear yet? Thanks again for your value added insights.
    Jul 7 06:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Yes good night, and please do listen in on my mother's advice about dressing for the weather this evening.
    Jul 7 06:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    Funny last sentence.. I liked it a lot.
    Jul 7 06:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NSA Revelation To Drive Alcatel-Lucent Surge [View article]
    I like the "we" usage Manfred Three. I assume it's because there are 3 of you and not because you are part of a secret society, though it does have a bit of a creepy feel to it that only makes you even more interesting.

Regarding the TAO (not the restaurant in Manhattan by any means - or is it), it's presented in a way that seems to say Cisco had absolutely no idea it was happening and was absolutely part of covert (and definitely illegal if on the gear of US citizens and unethical if anyone) operations. Of course, our enemies are no saints. Jesus even called his apostles evil, so what more should be expected of anyone (I suppose tolerance of all).

Let's diverge from the theology for a moment though, and accept that this is going to hurt Cisco's business and probably reshape the way deliveries of these gear occur (pickups are much more likely from sensitive buyers). Will this change the cost to the buyer or pricing for the seller? Cisco's margins may be impacted if not its sales.... but that's looking deeply into it, where sales are the easy give.
    Jul 7 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Cup Runneth Over With Blood - Make Your Cup Golden [View article]
    I would like to take a survey. Please answer these questions:

* Is gold (& other precious metals) mankind's default currency?
    * If we couldn't trade in dollars or other currency, what would we use?
    * If the dollar and euro were losing their value precipitously, what would you hold in place of it? What would you trade with?

Thanks
    Jun 21 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Cup Runneth Over With Blood - Make Your Cup Golden [View article]
    If the world were inside of a cup, that cup would be overflowing with blood today.
    Jun 21 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Playbook Revealed [View article]
    We can never grow complacent, because then we become like the competitors we put to shame. Who is satisfied? Who is hungry? There is a fervor at Google today, and if I may, the Netherlands soccer team. Greats that are still hungry. It feels like desperation at some companies today though. If Apple is content, it will be the next once great firm eventually. Everything the company does to extend its current streams is not to be overlooked. But we must also look beyond what we know in order to grow, and in order to survive in the competitive marketplace.
    Jun 21 01:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment