Infrequently Asked Questions: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
- This article is based upon an interview with company officers Jay Whitehurst and Tim Lorello.
- TCS has market leadership positions in Precise Location, Public Safety and Messaging markets per ABI Research.
- Wearable devices, Connected Cars and Connected Health are expected to intersect. That intersection creates a critical need for cyber security, messaging and location services.
Infrequently Asked Questions: Sequenom
- Quest agreement should help penetrate the OB/GYN community and increase the number of phlebotomy locations.
- Sequenom considering new tests in the field of Oncology or Autoimmune diseases to leverage field sales investment.
- AMA CPT code and pricing is expected at any time, and should accelerate reimbursement, government payer approval, and revenue recognition, once effective.
- Sequenom has been hiring in North Carolina in anticipation of expected volume from the Quest launch.
Sequenom: A Reversal Of Misfortune
- Sequenom would need to rally 45% to retrace back to the January 2013 high.
- A Quest distribution agreement displaces Natera upon the release of a "Future Testing Service" . This appears to be the low cost NIPT on a new platform targeted for Q4.
- Cost cutting, discontinued unreimbursed Medicaid tests and the sale of the Bioscience segment provide sufficient capital to eliminate the risk of a dilutive capital raise in the foreseeable future.
- The international market is virtually untapped. The launch of a lower cost test at end of 2014 launched internationally by Quest and other local partners should increase revenue growth.
Market Outlook: Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening Poised For Significant Growth
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening generated US revenues of $200 million in 2013.
- The market opportunity for NIPS is estimated at $1.5 billion, growing to over $5 billion in 2018.
- Targeted screening at a lower price point is likely the key to expanding the market beyond high risk.
Sequenom 2013 Operating Results Review
- Accessions have slowed, but that doesn't mean the market opportunity has shrunk.
- Cash usage improvement supports achievement of positive cash flow by end of 2014.
- Cash on hand of $71m is probably enough.
- Sequenom: Is The Bottom In The Rearview Mirror?
- Sequenom: Deciphering The Business Model
- Sequenom: Disruptive Innovation Is Driving Investment In NIPT
- Refocus Your Microsoft Investment Lens From Growth To Value
- For TeleCommunication Systems' Management: A Prescription For Change
- Why CCME Fraud Claims Don't Hold Up
- Interclick: Turning The Profit Corner, Part 2
- Interclick: Turning the Profit Corner, Part 1
- Dividend Investing With Covered Calls: Why Stop at Yield?
- TeleCommunication Systems: Growth Drivers on All Fronts
- Microsoft: First Blue Chip Tech Yield Company?
- Upside Is Substantial: So Why Did TeleCommunication Systems Sell Off?