Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividend Desire: Will 3-D Printing Make Hasbro A Model Of Failure? [View article]
    MWinMD,

2 of the top publicly traded companies are DDD and SSYS. I am more of a fan of DDD.

May 28, 2012. 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Str8arco,

They have started using Google Sketchup, which i think is free.
    May 28, 2012. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ed,

Good points,

Who know how the future will unfold. I am going to just sit back and watch

May 26, 2012. 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have read a little about the printing of organs and it creeps me out.

May 26, 2012. 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Outsider,

You know how tech goes...if this takes off, the prices will plummet.

glad you enjoyed,
    May 26, 2012. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pop,
    LOL @ "wife factor"

Some of the 3-d printers come with scanners; so, this is coming soon.
    Also, most people will just download a file from the internet and won't need a scanner.

May 26, 2012. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know how the future will unfold, but this bears watching.

thanks for the comment,
    May 26, 2012. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Carnegie,

good points; thanks for sharing

May 26, 2012. 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Yes, we definitely have our priorities out of whack.

I don't think i'll ever leave teaching, though. I have to do my part to fix the problem and despite all of the challenges, and how much government is gunning for public education right now, i still enjoy it.

Enjoyed the conversation. See you around,
    May 26, 2012. 07:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid Dividend Picks For The Risk-Averse Investor [View article]
    Guess so. Thanks for taking a look, though! =)
    May 25, 2012. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    KS,

I share your sentiment. I worry that we have made it worse through this “crony capitalism.” This, in some sense, brings us back to a reason for owning physical gold. I worry that it will not end well.

In regards to your “no pain, no gain” comment: This is going to sound twisted, but I think the pain would have taught us the value of a dollar and the value of hard work. As an educator, I see too many teens who expect to waste $40,000 a year in college and then be handed a diploma. America needs a wake-up call!

May 25, 2012. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid Dividend Picks For The Risk-Averse Investor [View article]
    Pey,

just wrote an article about my worries in regards to Hasbro's future. Please check it out. http://seekingalpha.co...

Matt Cilderman
    May 25, 2012. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Wow. While i was asleep at the switch look what happened =)

Guess we're all going to mbkelly's house for pickled beets if the world goes to hell in a hand basket!

@Mbkelly:
    I am encountering more and more people who are older than me talking about how they are able to retire comfortably. Although I am saving and investing (I’m in my 30s) I worry that the future is not a bright for someone my age. Don’t get me wrong, I am not looking for a handout, just worried about the national debt and the direction our country is going.

I keep investing all of the money I make off these articles; hopefully I will at some point be able to feel as comfortable as I near retirement.

Matt

Ps…My newest article was just published!
    Dividend Desire: Will 3-D Printing Make Hasbro a Model of Failure.

hope to see you there!
    May 25, 2012. 08:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    KS,

I appreciate that you took so much care to write an even-handed response.

I completely agree that DG stocks beat inflation, but, as you, I like to diversify as well.

You make a very good point about how we obtain food/supermarkets. In order to run a tight business they have to manage their inventory and keep things fresh.

As someone who lives near NY, 9/11 reminded me to always have a box of emergency supplies; I completely agree with you.

Thanks for your addition to the conversation.

May 24, 2012. 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Chose BHP Billiton Over Vale [View article]
    Paul,

I has been a while since i wrote this article. when i went back to it i realized. The reason i am talking about no withholding is because the article is comparing bbl to Vale, which has a withholding even in an IRA.

does that clear it up?