Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Knight722,

I was not going for a doomsday scenario. Please check out my post to Augidawg below.

Also, during the time of crisis, in the event that something does have to be traded for food...i'd rather have gold than a silly piece of paper with pictures on it!

Matt
    May 19 06:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Recusant,

Well said. I completely agree!
    May 19 06:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Dave,

I don't believe their is a mark up when you receive the div as gold. As far as the sale goes...I mentioned in my article that i hope not to have to sell because that would mean we are in a period of financial stress. During times like that, would there be a "mark up" or would it trade or sell based on other factors? I am not sure. However, MBKelly (below) had an experience like this and i think sold without a mark up.

So, do you agree both groups have a lot in common?
    May 19 06:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Charlie Munger: Civilized People Don't Buy Gold [View article]
    Hey all,

As i mentioned in this thread previously, I just finished an article about the things that Dividend growth investors and "Gold Bugs" have in common.
    Please join the conversation.
    May 19 06:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    I am going to thank you all for your comments and try to respond to everyone tomorrow.

Matt Cilderman
    May 18 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Augidawg,

While i completely agree with you that food and ammo are more beneficial for a "dooms day" scenario, i see gold as protection for trouble that is less severe...just a run on the banks, not like The Road by McCarthy.
    May 18 09:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    Mbkelly,

I have always found your responses to my articles or the articles of others to be even-handed and informative; this time is no exception. I will def. take a look at CEF.

thanks,
    Matt
    May 18 09:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 1 Investment Everyone Should Own [View article]
    David,

My understanding is that there is no "mark up" on these coins. They are not valued in relationship to their numismatic value; bullion is valued based on the value if melted down. That amount would mirror the spot price.

Matt
    May 18 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel And Its Dividend Growth [View article]
    Love Intel and hoping for an additional div increase this year! Oh, and a nice dip in price so i can add more. Can you work that our for me, Tradevestor? LOL =)

Matt Cilderman
    May 13 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Charlie Munger: Civilized People Don't Buy Gold [View article]
    Tim,

Enjoyable read as always.

Well, you kind stole my thunder...kinda. I've actually been slowly writing an article that takes the other side of this and talks about the benefits of owning bullion.

Should be done in a week or two.

GLTA,
    Matt Cilderman
    May 6 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding An Entry Price Point: Sometimes Value Is More Important Than The Price [View article]
    DC,

I agree with your points, but I think some of the “hot money” has made its way into the stock because of windows 8 and I am gonna take a “wait and see” approach on this one.

GL,
    Matt Cilderman
    May 4 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Employment Report Be The Tipping Point For Equities? [View article]
    Great article and congrats on the editor's pick!
    May 4 06:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DC,

Good article with some important points to remember. I also added to my coke position near those levels; i am glad it is paying off.

Looking to add to my position in INTC, and i like MSFT but feel like there is a big unknown with windows 8 on the horizon.

Matt Cilderman
    May 4 05:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newsflash: The Dividend Aristocrats Found The Lost Decade [View article]
    Chuck,

Always appreciate that you put the time in...and are nice enough to share it!

Matt Cilderman
    May 1 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Philip Morris Stock Split Next? [View article]
    Serene,

If you have the time, i'd like to hear the other reason, too.

Thanks,