Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Dividend Investors Choose To Fail [View article]
    Cpa,

...And they just made a good deal on Pringles. Listen, i respect that you have facts to back up your assertions. But they can't sell off all their products and they can't just monopolize detergent. When the consumer is in trouble they will trade down and PG's price hikes were a poor decision. How long the consumer will stay like this is up for debate.

Thanks for the discussion,
    Matt
    May 1 05:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Investors Choose To Fail [View article]
    Garden,

Appreciate your response and your civility.

1. Beating estimates has been shown to be a WS con game.
    2. I would argue that revenues need to be better for us to enjoy the inflation-beating div increases that makes us love PG so much.

Long PG as well.

Matt Cilderman
    Apr 30 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Investors Choose To Fail [View article]
    Cpa,

I understand that they expend enormous efforts to figure out what the consumer wants and to give it to them. It seems to me that all the consumer wants is lower prices and PG did the opposite in some cases.

"They also have no reluctance to get out of products that are most susceptible to generic competition."

I would argue that everything is susceptible.

Just trying to be realistic,
    Matt
    Apr 30 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Philip Morris Stock Split Next? [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I hope it goes as you say!
    Apr 30 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Investors Choose To Fail [View article]
    Tim,
    As always, I appreciate your articles.
    Recently, I have been growing more cautious on PG. And while I agree they will keep up their streak of dividend growth, I am unsure that it will beat inflation (Although, we may have different ways of measuring inflation). Also, if profits keep falling, those of us who are DGI/ total return investors could run into trouble.

Note: I am just cautious. I am still long and trying to decide whether I will add to my position.

Matt Cilderman
    Apr 30 08:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Levels May Boost Procter & Gamble To All Time High [View article]
    Rich,

Wise words. You make good points about how they will stop the "trading down"... and raising prices isn't the way.

I am ambivalent about your comment in regards to cutting their way to success. I feel like we may be at a point where companies can cut cost by laying off workers and then make significant gains in productivity through automation/tech advances.

thoughts?
    Matt Cilderman
    Apr 27 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Presents a good buying opportunity for long-term investors.
    Apr 27 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Richard,

PG is written about so much. It's nice to actually read some worthwhile info with a great chart.

Matt
    Apr 20 02:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing And S&P 500 Indexing [View article]
    Good article. I completely agree and wrote about it back in February. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 18 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Strategy: Benefit From 'Other Persons' Mistakes' [View article]
    I understand how frustrating this can be. While i am not perfect, i work very hard on my articles as i am sure you do, too.

They changed the title of my very first article to one that had nothing to do with my main points.

Oh well...such is life. Good points anyway.

Matt
    Apr 16 11:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where I Stand On Contributing [View instapost]
    Denise,

Thanks for the update, glad to know you are kept away by good things instead of illness, etc.

Matt
    Apr 11 06:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Common Stocks Held By Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    @DVK,
    If they ever get around to the "Dividend Hour" that will signal a top/overvaluation for me.

It would be fun to watch, though, because they would present it like it is a new idea that they are sharing to the world.

Matt
    Apr 1 09:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q1 Performance Review For The Consumer Staples Sector And Its Key Members [View article]
    I agree with you...but i think we have a win-win scenario either way. If the markets continue to rise, the research in the first scenario suggests a pullback for just healthcare and CS, but there are a lot of other scenarios that could create a broad market pullback.

I also posted a link in the comments section with further reading about QE-3. If the markets throw a fit as they have done in the past, it would seem like a great buying opp because Ben will just throw money at us again.

Matt
    Apr 1 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The sector should pull back soon and provide a better chance to jump in.

Apr 1 08:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Common Stocks Held By Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    BBL/BHP is increasing in popularity
    Apr 1 08:13 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment