Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Most Common Stocks Held By Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    When i was researching my latest article on consumer staples...

(http://seekingalpha.co...)

i wanted to pick the most popular to include and i realized that i could just look at the number of notifications sent out for the stock.

this may help in some way.
    Matt
    Apr 1 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Maverick,

I do not mind trading around positions in INTC or PM...I may even sell a bit of ABT if it keeps climbing at this rate. However, with my core holdings of KO, PG, etc... i don't sell, just add on pullbacks.

that's just me, though.
    Matt
    Mar 31 10:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did The Dividend Growth Of The Top 30 Dividend Growth Stocks Keep Up With Inflation Since 2001? [View article]
    Well, good luck to us both! (=

Matt
    Mar 31 10:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abbott Laboratories Dividend Yield Beats The Treasury Bond Yield [View article]
    Nick,

Let me just throw my one cent into the mix and point out that the original name stayed with the medical products division. I can't see them selling it because of that.

Matt
    Mar 31 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    I agree. KO is overvalued and has actually run up about 7% this month.

Good luck with PEP.
    Matt
    Mar 31 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder,

You make a good point about trusting management; they have proven themselves over the years.
    However, DVK made some great points in his ABT article about what could happen when they split.

I am going to hold, but take some profits if the price keeps going up the way it has been.

Thanks for the convo,
    Matt
    Mar 31 09:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Just wanted to update the conversation:

Barry Ritholtz had 2 really great posts this week dealing with QE-3.

The first one mentions that every time Bill Gross has predicted QE, he has been right. …And He is saying that its coming

Ritholz goes on to site James Bianco research and it takes the position that markets will sell off when QE-3 is announced.

In the second post he talks about how the markets have reacted to QE and how hedge funds seem to throw a fit (push market down 20%) each time QE ends with the goal of forcing Ben into more QE.

Matt
    Mar 31 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio From Core Positions, Part 1 [View article]
    I agree that some of these core holdings are over-priced. I just wrote an article about how i believe they may go on sale soon. Check it out.

thanks,
    Matt Cilderman
    Mar 31 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Chowder,

>>I can't even speak English well. I'm much better at Google!>>

For some reason when you said that, Abbott and Costello's "Who's On First" routine came to mind. Think i'll go re-watch it.

Matt
    Mar 30 08:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Speak Russian, Chowder, or just good with Google?
    Mar 30 05:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for the lesson in Russian! I completely agree.
    Mar 30 05:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder,

I noticed that your list includes ABT. How does the split play into you planning?

Matt
    Mar 29 03:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vale (VALE) has proposed a $3B ($0.59/share) initial 2012 dividend payout to shareholders. The mining giant previously announced it would pay at least $6B in dividends this year. It paid out $9B in 2011, after promising a minimum of $4B. (earlier)  [View news story]
    UncleMike,

When did that law come into effect? I have never heard of it before. Link, please.

Matt
    Mar 29 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As i mentioned in my most recent article( http://bit.ly/HmePW0 ) I am just not so sure that the split is a good thing. If it gets to $65 before the split, then i plan to take a bit off the table.

Anyway, good article as usual, Todd
    Mar 29 07:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Liberals Should Invest Like Conservatives [View article]
    Rocco,

When i first saw your title, i have to admit that i thought it was a bit "gimmicky"...but I found the article to be insightful on many levels, some unrelated investing.

Keep up the great work!