Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What A Dividend Growth Investor Can Learn From Aesop's Fables [View article]
    David C,

Let’s not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

It has been a long time since I paid attention to Dr. Seuss, but his work does have redeeming qualities. Off the top of my head I can think of the Lorax, which deals with conservationism; the Butter Battle Book, which points out the stupidity of our disputes; and Horton Hears a Who, which deals with faith/science. Furthermore, I think the original Berenstain Bear books were created by him and they always taught good lessons.

Additionally some of his other books play with words and sounds in the grand tradition of Lewis Carroll’s The Jabberwocky, etc.

He should not be the only thing a child reads, but part of a well-diversified portfolio…er…reading list for kids; this includes fables,too.

Not lookin for a fight…just sayin
    Matt
    Feb 27 09:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble A Rising Dividend Star [View article]
    Thanks for the response.
    Feb 25 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble A Rising Dividend Star [View article]
    Where did you get your data? Everywhere that i have seen lists it's payout ratio around 60%
    Feb 24 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Market Worries: Profit Margins [View article]
    Great read. Thanks!

Matt Cilderman
    Feb 23 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T. Rowe Price Dividend Growth Fund Leaves Me Scratching My Head [View article]
    Tim,

A departure from what you normally write, but done well, nevertheless. Your timing is impeccable. In the comment stream of one of my recent articles, someone asked if I knew anything about the popular dividend growth mutual funds. I didn’t have a good answer at the time, but I just linked back to this article.

Thanks,
    Matt Cilderman
    Feb 22 06:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Indexing [View article]
    Ekturner3,

Look what i just found. A good article on PRDGX.

enjoy!
    Matt
    Feb 22 05:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some 'Tips' For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    I was gonna mention the same thing. I am guessing that he didn't mention it because it opens up a can of worms about whether CPI is effective or not.

@ DVK,
    Thanks for putting in the time and sharing.

Matt Cilderman
    Feb 22 05:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs May Take Over Walter; Vale Also A 'Buy' [View article]
    I still like BHP (BBL) and just added to my position on the pullback

Feb 21 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Power For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Great article: insightful and comprehensive. Thanks!
    Feb 20 07:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Chose BHP Billiton Over Vale [View article]
    Ben Gee,

Sorry i missed your comment earlier. Thanks for the post. Let's hope it is as you say; i just bought some more BBL.

Matt
    Feb 19 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A High-Dividend-Growth, Low-Payout-Ratio Portfolio [View article]
    I'm not sure what your buy range is, but BBL has pulled back almost 10% off its recent high.
    Feb 17 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A High-Dividend-Growth, Low-Payout-Ratio Portfolio [View article]
    FPI,

Can i ask when you got into HAS? I was looking at it recently, but did not feel comfortable based on their balance sheet, valuation and future growth. I chose HRS instead.

thanks,
    Matt
    Feb 17 03:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A High-Dividend-Growth, Low-Payout-Ratio Portfolio [View article]
    Jeff,

Thanks for doing the research. I own shares or HRS,INTC, and BBL but am going to do some additional research on the others you mentioned.

Matt
    Feb 17 03:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Indexing [View article]
    Ekturner,

Sorry that no one else has responded. Give me a little time and i will offer further insight.

Matt