Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Q1 Performance Review For The Consumer Staples Sector And Its Key Members [View article]
    I agree with you...but i think we have a win-win scenario either way. If the markets continue to rise, the research in the first scenario suggests a pullback for just healthcare and CS, but there are a lot of other scenarios that could create a broad market pullback.

I also posted a link in the comments section with further reading about QE-3. If the markets throw a fit as they have done in the past, it would seem like a great buying opp because Ben will just throw money at us again.

Matt
    Apr 1, 2012. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The sector should pull back soon and provide a better chance to jump in.

Apr 1, 2012. 08:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Common Stocks Held By Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    BBL/BHP is increasing in popularity
    Apr 1, 2012. 08:13 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Common Stocks Held By Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    When i was researching my latest article on consumer staples...

(http://seekingalpha.co...)

i wanted to pick the most popular to include and i realized that i could just look at the number of notifications sent out for the stock.

this may help in some way.
    Matt
    Apr 1, 2012. 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Maverick,

I do not mind trading around positions in INTC or PM...I may even sell a bit of ABT if it keeps climbing at this rate. However, with my core holdings of KO, PG, etc... i don't sell, just add on pullbacks.

that's just me, though.
    Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 10:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did The Dividend Growth Of The Top 30 Dividend Growth Stocks Keep Up With Inflation Since 2001? [View article]
    Well, good luck to us both! (=

Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 10:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abbott Laboratories Dividend Yield Beats The Treasury Bond Yield [View article]
    Nick,

Let me just throw my one cent into the mix and point out that the original name stayed with the medical products division. I can't see them selling it because of that.

Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    I agree. KO is overvalued and has actually run up about 7% this month.

Good luck with PEP.
    Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder,

You make a good point about trusting management; they have proven themselves over the years.
    However, DVK made some great points in his ABT article about what could happen when they split.

I am going to hold, but take some profits if the price keeps going up the way it has been.

Thanks for the convo,
    Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 09:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Just wanted to update the conversation:

Barry Ritholtz had 2 really great posts this week dealing with QE-3.

The first one mentions that every time Bill Gross has predicted QE, he has been right. …And He is saying that its coming

Ritholz goes on to site James Bianco research and it takes the position that markets will sell off when QE-3 is announced.

In the second post he talks about how the markets have reacted to QE and how hedge funds seem to throw a fit (push market down 20%) each time QE ends with the goal of forcing Ben into more QE.

Matt
    Mar 31, 2012. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio From Core Positions, Part 1 [View article]
    I agree that some of these core holdings are over-priced. I just wrote an article about how i believe they may go on sale soon. Check it out.

thanks,
    Matt Cilderman
    Mar 31, 2012. 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Chowder,

>>I can't even speak English well. I'm much better at Google!>>

For some reason when you said that, Abbott and Costello's "Who's On First" routine came to mind. Think i'll go re-watch it.

Matt
    Mar 30, 2012. 08:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Speak Russian, Chowder, or just good with Google?
    Mar 30, 2012. 05:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Buying Opportunity In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for the lesson in Russian! I completely agree.
    Mar 30, 2012. 05:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder,

I noticed that your list includes ABT. How does the split play into you planning?

Matt