Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
    Smurf,

Thanks for the comment. Yes, EXC has not increased its dividend since 2008. I bought it pre-merger and have held on because the dividend is good and i hope the merger will allow them to raise in the future.

Matt
    Mar 18, 2012. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Knorthon,

I don't often take profits in that way, but because of the uncertainty, i might.

If the stock gets to $65 i will have an almost 40% gain. I would take my profits off the table by selling 40% of my position (All of my gains).

Does that make sense?

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 08:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Drcart,

Glad you liked the article.

In my article i mentioned the counterfeiting problem as one that they have somewhat behind them. Maybe it is never going to go away, but i have been hearing about that problem for a while and they have continually been able to increase profits. I guess time will tell.

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part 2 [View article]
    I did not know that, Rich, thanks for sharing!
    Mar 17, 2012. 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tiki,
    Good point, i adjust the yield in my head, too.

thanks for the link.

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rich,

Thanks for reading and commenting.
    You make a good point about getting rid of it; however, I am still getting 4.5% after the tax. I would sell for a small gain, but then the question is about balance in my portfolio and finding another “oil” stock. Cvx looks good but I am worried about the Brazilian spill.

Thoughts?

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part 2 [View article]
    I believe that if the ADRs are held in an IRA that you don't get anything back.

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Serene,

I don't consider myself a "Trekkie," but i love TNG! Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner(Data) are great actors.
    Mar 17, 2012. 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part 2 [View article]
    Check out the news i posted above about the 2 dividend payments.
    Mar 17, 2012. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part 2 [View article]
    It all has to do with the merger. There will be two dividends paid on different dates..

3/13/2012 is $0.14575
    5/11/2012 is $0.37925

The linked press release explains it all.
    Mar 17, 2012. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Power For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Anthony,

I was so impressed with this article, I liked to it in my own.

thanks,
    Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 06:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tzapa,

Abt has paid off quite well. I was able to get in @45 a few years ago and I always enjoyed the div, but now the price appreciation is icing on the cake.

Unfortunately I started taking a position in TOT @ $56 I was able to average down as the price went down, though. As I mentioned in the article, I am not very rosy on TOT’s future.

You are right about the div increase; it occurred on 2008 but we have not had one since. I originally bought it because it looked cheap and (this was before the merger) and was hoping that they would resume increases. I have decided that I am content to hold it like a cd or bond that pays 5% and has a good upside in the future.

Matt
    Mar 17, 2012. 06:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hawmps,

Welcome; glad to be your first comment.

I plan to hold on for the long-term, but I am not as positive as you are about the possibility for a dividend increase in the near term. That article by Anthony Grossi, that I linked to, does a great job of explaining the headwinds; the things that I think will get in the way of a dividend increase have to do with the low price of Nat Gas and their pension liabilities.

In the longer term, I like nuclear and think that market forces will take over and eventually increase the price of NG. And, I think they have demonstrated that they have a plan to fix the pension problems.

But who wouldn’t love a div increase. Here’s to hope =)

Matt
    Mar 16, 2012. 08:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rdbach,

I guess i should mention in all my articles that all positions are held in my Roth.

Good lookin out, though.
    Matt
    Mar 16, 2012. 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DreadLord,
    All of my holdings are in my Roth, but thanks for the tip.

Matt