Matt Cilderman

View Matt Cilderman's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part I [View article]
    Anthony,

Thanks for the comment. It does seem like the internet is full of cheerleaders, and while it does feel good to be part of a group, I want to make sure i am being realistic,too.

I just read your article on GE; glad to see your article was balanced with the good and the bad.

Matt
    Mar 2, 2012. 11:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Portfolio Reality Check, Part I [View article]
    Ben,

Thanks for reading and commenting. These are only 5 of the stocks in my portfolio. In part 2, i will cover 5 more stocks in my portfolio. I appreciate your concern; i guess i should have mentioned this explicitly in the article.

Matt
    Mar 2, 2012. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 103 Dividend Champions For March 2012 [View article]
    Cheese,

I was thinking the same thing! Aww, shucks...she's(BBL) all grown up! Lol.
    Mar 1, 2012. 05:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 103 Dividend Champions For March 2012 [View article]
    As always, David, thanks for the service your provide to our community!
    Mar 1, 2012. 02:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What A Dividend Growth Investor Can Learn From Aesop's Fables [View article]
    Dave C,

To each his own, i guess. Thanks for the tip regarding Bernard...will check him out.

Matt
    Feb 27, 2012. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abbott Labs - Dividend Total Return Analysis [View article]
    I am surprised you you made no mention of the fact that the company is splitting and any of the possible outcomes.

Matt
    Feb 27, 2012. 12:10 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What A Dividend Growth Investor Can Learn From Aesop's Fables [View article]
    David C,

Let’s not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

It has been a long time since I paid attention to Dr. Seuss, but his work does have redeeming qualities. Off the top of my head I can think of the Lorax, which deals with conservationism; the Butter Battle Book, which points out the stupidity of our disputes; and Horton Hears a Who, which deals with faith/science. Furthermore, I think the original Berenstain Bear books were created by him and they always taught good lessons.

Additionally some of his other books play with words and sounds in the grand tradition of Lewis Carroll’s The Jabberwocky, etc.

He should not be the only thing a child reads, but part of a well-diversified portfolio…er…reading list for kids; this includes fables,too.

Not lookin for a fight…just sayin
    Matt
    Feb 27, 2012. 09:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble A Rising Dividend Star [View article]
    Thanks for the response.
    Feb 25, 2012. 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble A Rising Dividend Star [View article]
    Where did you get your data? Everywhere that i have seen lists it's payout ratio around 60%
    Feb 24, 2012. 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Market Worries: Profit Margins [View article]
    Great read. Thanks!

Matt Cilderman
    Feb 23, 2012. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T. Rowe Price Dividend Growth Fund Leaves Me Scratching My Head [View article]
    Tim,

A departure from what you normally write, but done well, nevertheless. Your timing is impeccable. In the comment stream of one of my recent articles, someone asked if I knew anything about the popular dividend growth mutual funds. I didn’t have a good answer at the time, but I just linked back to this article.

Thanks,
    Matt Cilderman
    Feb 22, 2012. 06:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Indexing [View article]
    Ekturner3,

Look what i just found. A good article on PRDGX.

enjoy!
    Matt
    Feb 22, 2012. 05:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some 'Tips' For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    I was gonna mention the same thing. I am guessing that he didn't mention it because it opens up a can of worms about whether CPI is effective or not.

@ DVK,
    Thanks for putting in the time and sharing.

Matt Cilderman
    Feb 22, 2012. 05:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs May Take Over Walter; Vale Also A 'Buy' [View article]
    I still like BHP (BBL) and just added to my position on the pullback

Feb 21, 2012. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelon: Power For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Great article: insightful and comprehensive. Thanks!
    Feb 20, 2012. 07:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment