A Vivus Buyout? Fat Chance And A Good Time To Short
- This week a SC 13D was filed for VIVUS indicating that a brand new fund had taken a 9.65% stake and suggesting they will offer to buy VVUS.
- The nature of the filing, person behind it, and timing are all very suspect and cases like this rarely end in actual buyouts.
- VIVUS was trading at 5 year lows prior to the filing because of its dismal growth trajectory; this pop presents a good short opportunity.
TherapeuticsMD, Inc.: Stock Promotions, Insider Sales, And A Lock-Up Expiration Create 50% Downside
- TherapeuticsMD, Inc. rose 300% since last fall, despite a lack of a legitimate, underlying fundamental reason.
- At a fully diluted market cap over $800M, TXMD is extremely overvalued and should see a steep decline from here.
- There has been significant insider selling recently, and there is a high likelihood of more selling in the near future.
- As seen with other companies recently, the move coincided with the stock being promoted by individuals/companies that they "do business with".
QRxPharma: Pivotal Catalysts Present Significant Near-Term Upside Potential
- QRXPY has make or break regulatory catalysts occurring within the next 2 months that will bring some much needed attention to an under the radar stock.
- Their product for pain relief product portfolio has potential to be best in class and previous trial data suggests the FDA will approve it this time around.
- Because it is an Australian company, it is very under the radar, thus significant near term upside.
- Unlike many small cap, developmental stage Biotechs, there aren't blatant red flags.
- Galena Biopharma: Numerous Red Flags Suggest A Significant Overvaluation
- Nuvo Research: An Asymmetric Opportunity Based On Undervaluation And Near-Term Catalysts
- Amarin: The More You Know The Fishier It Gets