Matt King

View Matt King's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Which Companies Have The Most To Gain (And Lose) In The Bakken? [View article]
    Bob - are they a "non operator" similar to Northern Oil and Gas?
    May 2 10:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    weaseltex - I believe it was the RMOJ that had field sources indicate some chesapeake wells were being plugged.
    Apr 20 05:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I wish CHK all the success in the world. However, since they have plugged wells (reported) on the southeastern edge, I am not as optimistic about a game changing scenario.
    Apr 19 02:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Is Drilling And Exploration Slowing Down? [View article]
    As stated in the article, my information on commodity pricing was from the ND DMR. The latest ND DMR roundup was published on 3/21. Commodity prices fluctuate by the minute - I decided to use the latest numbers published by the State. Sorry if they seem "fuzzy" to you. http://1.usa.gov/HbD2Qt
    Apr 2 08:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Does Alaska Hold The Next Bakken? [View article]
    It appears the State of Alaska is already in the process of tackling infrastructure issues related to roads and water. http://bit.ly/FPIZMH
    Mar 19 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Does Alaska Hold The Next Bakken? [View article]
    No worries - Trans Alaska Pipeline. We're all here to learn.
    Mar 15 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Does Alaska Hold The Next Bakken? [View article]
    I agree that tying into TAPS is not the answer. The supply chain will have to figure out another way such as the rail extension coupled with trucks and smaller gathering systems to transport the high end of the completion curve.
    Mar 15 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Does Alaska Hold The Next Bakken? [View article]
    I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I am sure most of the country would have thought it was "wacko" that North Dakota would see 200+ drilling rigs in this short of time? The only reason for excess cost is mostly due to the supply chain. All it will take is efficiencies in supplies and rig time. For example, a rail expansion, similar to the one talked about, would add much efficiency. In addition, instead of vessels full of Chinese proppant landing in Houston or LA, they could go directly to Alaska. I highly disagree well costs are three to five times the cost of the lower 48. All it will take is a few smart supply chain folks, most likely in partnership with the state, to bring the costs down enough to allow for full scale development.
    Mar 14 06:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oil Field: Have The Edges Been Found? [View article]
    I agree that new plays will be defined by oil potential but almost all have associated natural gas. Hence the extreme flaring of 30% of gas produced in ND. The presence of a pipeline is not necessarily a requirement of oil development. When new fields were developed decades ago, the railroad capacity was enough to transport the production until a large scale pipeline could be built.
    Mar 4 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Oilfield: Hydraulic Fracturing Moratorium Implications [View article]
    Could not have said it better myself.
    Jan 7 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Radamus: I would be interested in seeing the evidence you cite for vertical fracturing causing pollution to the regional aquifer and ground water. Up until now, there are no documented cases of a solid link between ground water contamination and fracturing that I am aware of.
    Jan 4 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TrufflePig - as I outlined, yes, the concern stems from Wyoming. My concern, and it is being proven in the independent news, is that people, who are uneducated about fracturing, will compare what happened in Wy to potentially happening in other shale plays. Those individuals may pressure their representatives, state or federal, to halt or put more unnecessary regulations in place. There are public calls for fracking bans all over the US. This report will only add fuel to the fire, even though the situation is not similar to what is being done in the Bakken, Eagle Ford, etc.
    Dec 15 10:30 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PapaWhisky - when it comes to offshore and onshore well completions, I believe we are comparing apples and oranges. The Bakken aquifers are protected by 2 layers of cement and 3 layers of steel during fracturing.
    Dec 15 10:25 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Based on science, help me understand how chemicals, which are less than 1% of the frac mixture, can penetrate imperibable layers of rock to reach an aquifer?
    Dec 15 02:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Not sure if the "stop scaring people" comment is directed towards me but the "prediction" comes from the most pro exploration regulator I am aware of. Again, who would have thought the gulf would have shut down... look what happened... it has still not recovered.
    Dec 15 02:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment