Matthew Bradbard

View Matthew Bradbard's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Today in Commodities: From Safe Havens Into Stocks and Commodities [View article]
    I cannot reply....really I'd prefer if you do not speak on my behalf Ricky!
    If you do not like my posts do not follow is all I can say....as for jonpay I follow approximately 60 markets and usually have client expoure in 5-10 at a time. On radar currently are longs in ng, cl, cd, oj, ct and shorts in lc, sf, c. Email me for more specifics.
    Aug 17 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Out of Treasuries and Into Commodities, Stocks [View article]
    1309 not 609 on SX11 right??
    Jul 8 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Commodity Update [View article]
    I do not like trading copper for clients but rather use as a barometer of economy to trade other markets.
    Mar 23 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Commodity Update [View article]
    Technically speaking cocoa is a buy after the near 20% reduction in prices in recent weeks and we've completed a 61.8% Fib retracement. However cocoa generally exhibits an inverse relationship to the dollar so we're trying to get a clearer picture in the greenback before initiating longs for clients. We suggest the sidelines in cocoa at the moment.
    Mar 23 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Buy the Rumor, Sell the Fact [View article]
    Depends on the contract month...I have clients trading May, June and July. Looking at May Crude the 100 day MA is $89.07. A 50% Fib retracement would be $89.50 and a 61.8% comes in at $87.95. Prices have come off roughly 5% in the last 2 weeks...we suggest buying this dip..scaling in willing to take a bit of heat. By this time next month we expect new highs...so scale in and add to a winner if we're correct in the above assumptions. Options traders are advised to buy July $5 bull call spreads.
    Feb 16 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Market Vulnerability [View article]
    Crude oil prices are moving higher ...I meant LOWER
    Oct 8 04:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: False Hope [View article]
    Market has gotten ahead of itself and we expect a mild set back virtually commodity wide. We're anticipating 40 cents in corn, 60 cents in soybeans and 70 cents in wheat.
    Sep 28 08:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: False Hope [View article]
    Look at the December futures..Selling above .9700 and buying under .9400 has worked for the last 5 months. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
    Sep 28 08:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: False Hope [View article]
    I don't feel comfortable being short gold, silver or crude oil in this environment. You do not have to agree that's what makes a market. I'm more interested in getting clients long from lower levels.
    Sep 28 08:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: A Fed Non-Decision [View article]
    I think I speak for 2000 of our 2100+ followers we liked it better when you were not a follower. You had voiced several months ago that you were done following but your back we ask WHY?? For starters understand I run a commodity brokerage firm; we trade on behalf of clients 50+ commodities this is not a silver firm. I have trailed stops for some of our aggressive clients and lightened up on futures for others while some have left the trade all together. As for options this market is too volatile to trails stops so I left the trade all together..albeit too early when looking in hindsight. What you and many fail to recognize is LEVERAGE, you own most likely 100 shares of SLV and have made a few dollars while every $1 move in the futures market on a standard 5000 ounce contracts equates to $5,000/contract. You do the math!! All though silver has been a great market of late lets look at some of the other commodities that you fail to follow and clients have been involved.....in the last 3 months cocoa 29 year high, sugar 33 year high, coffee 13 year high, cotton 15 year high, cattle near record high, gold record high, corn 2 1/2 year high, Japanese Yen 15 year high and the list goes on... I think you see the point. When silver corrects as it always does clients will be advised to gain bullish exposure again.
    Sep 22 08:30 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: If and When [View article]
    LEVERAGE is why 2.5% or a $35 correction in gold futures is $3,500 per standard contract or $1,167 on the mini-contract.
    Sep 13 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: There's Always a Bull Market Somewhere [View article]
    I do not trade a lot of copper because the lack of liquidity and the extreme volatility. I am mildly bullish copper and would expect the December contract to track higher approaching $3.60 in the coming weeks. I’d be wiling to get short from higher levels with stops above the April highs in the weeks to come. The only way I would change my mind is if we see a violent leg down in the stock indices and consecutive closes below $3.23 in which I would then advise short positions.
    Sep 3 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Jobless Recovery, Anyone? [View article]
    The correlations seem to be strong with the S&P and oil currently. We are anticipating a range trade in the S&P. If we are correct on our projection in oil reaching $80 in the coming weeks that likely means the S&P trades back over 1100. Remember we could be wrong on both of these or the correlation trade may be broken temporarily.
    Aug 20 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Market Indecision [View article]
    That is a great question but not a simple answer. It depends on the account size and risk tolerance of the customer. If looking to own multiple positions we suggest scaling in and adding to a winner and NOT to buy your full allocation. Additionally some will place stops other could sell calls or purchase puts as an alternative. To complicate things more there is a mini-futures contract which is 1/4 of the size: $25 a penny vs. $100 a penny. The bottom line I'm thinking 45-90 days from now natural gas could be 10-15% higher in prices. Clients need to decide what is the best way to play the trade IF they agree.
    Aug 17 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: End of a Busy Week [View article]
    I'm assuming SCG is a stock or etf which I trade neither.For recommendations in commodity futures and options I wil try to help; other vehicles you may need to look elsewhere.
    Aug 9 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment