Matthew Bradbard

View Matthew Bradbard's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Commodity Chart Of The Day: Gold [View article]
    Ray I don't trade stocks...I don't trade etfs...strictly a commodity futures and options trader. Above you can see my analysis on gold as for other products i.e stocks, etfs , mutual funds with gold I don't care to comment.

My suggestion is investors get more educated on commodity futures and options and provided they have the risk capital make it 5-20% of their portfolios. It really is the lack of education that keeps most investors out in my opinion.

Sep 5, 2012. 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Gold Near 5 Month Highs [View article]
    Monday - Natural gas closed below its 100 day MA for the second day in a row. All bullish trades should have been closed out either Friday or today at a loss. Next solid support is eyed at $2.50 so expect more selling in my opinion. Tuesday - Another loss today drags natural gas lower by nearly 10% in the last four sessions and puts prices near 3 month lows. $2.50 in October seems to be a real possibility. Wednesday - Natural gas gained just better than 2% but it’s too early to call an interim bottom. Shorts should however trail stops if still in the trade to not give back too much profit. Friday - Natural gas is nearly 8% off levels seen mid-week as prices are trading back above their 18 day MA. Prices will likely bounce from here lifting October close to $3 in my opinion.
    Sep 4, 2012. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Gold Near 5 Month Highs [View article]
    Re-read all the posts. I was looking for a break when prices were near $3.25 and the marled delivered trading as low as $2.60. I did think it was possible to trade to as low as $2.50 but when $2.60 held it was time to reverse course. From my viewpoint currently it appears October futures trade back over $3. FYI if prices trade near $3.20 and stall I may probe bearish trade. I categorize myself as a swing trader so I may shift from long to short often. In the future if you want more precise info contact me directly.
    Sep 4, 2012. 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Gold Near 5 Month Highs [View article]
    My target remains $90/barrel in October futures..Current price $96.
    Sep 4, 2012. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Gold Near 5 Month Highs [View article]
    Markets do not go up in a straight line. It makes no sense to trade lower and test support before a further ascent..ok ...that is your opinion. Understand I'm not bearish just saying we traded within $12 of that level before prices exploded 2 sessions ago. A 61.8% retracement from the move this summer puts prices under $1600/ounce so put things in perspective.
    Sep 4, 2012. 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: A Correction For Crude? [View article]
    Guilty as charged. I miss a lot of trades for clients when I do not agree with the market, I feel the risks are too high or even see better opportunities elsewhere. My followers missed most of the grain move this summer.

I try to focus on the positive and need to remind myself that you are only as good as the last trade. Coulda...shoulda ...woulda does no good.

Please I encourage regular followers to voice your opinions..positive and negative.

Need I remind you again that I state my opinions and do not claim to catch all moves.
    Aug 21, 2012. 05:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Momentum Change For Gold [View article]
    Clearly you misinterpreted the post. I trade commodity futures and I am referring to the December gold contract with a current price of $1604/ounce.
    Where prices will be 4 months from now who knows but in the immediate future I am expecting $1570.
    Aug 15, 2012. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodity Chart Of The Day: Gold [View article]
    I would be happy to discuss options on gold and silver...contact me to discuss in detail depending on your capital allocation, risk tolerance, expectations, etc.
    Jul 30, 2012. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Natural Gas Surprises With 3-Day Sustained Highs [View article]
    I did not get long with 1 client...read posts again... I have thousands of followers and I am advising them to get out of their longs. I've been very consistent thinking prices are due for a correction and I still feel that way.
    Jul 27, 2012. 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Listen To The Market [View article]
    That is still my opinion ..December corn is currently at $7.18/bushel and extremely overbought. I think it is possible to have a 50 plus cent correction. FYI A 38.2% Fib retracement puts this contract back under $6.50.
    Jul 10, 2012. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Summer Blues [View article]
    Attention "Serious Commodity Player" it is all about risk management and not marrying a position as you can see Mr Bradbard does put himself out there covering approximately 50 marmots and publishes his opinion for free. You picked 4 of the markets he follows.

He has recently started doing a chart of the day lets see what has transpired:

5/30 short crude $87.55 current price $80.21
    6/19 long corn 5.62 currently $6.45
    6/20 short Aussie 1.0076 traded as low as .9894 currently .9998
    6/21 short S&P 1321 currently 1320
    6/22 long coffee 155.90 currently 166.60
    6/25 long oats 3.17 currently 3.37
    6/26 short dollar 82.51 currently 82.75

Im sure seeking alpha readers would be eager to here your plays in commodities!
    Jun 27, 2012. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: A Turning Point [View article]
    I only trade futures and options..Contact me for exact strategy depending on the capital allocated and your risk tolerance
    mbradbard@rcmassetmana... or 954-929-9997
    Jun 11, 2012. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodity Chart Of The Day: Canadian Dollar [View article]
    I do trade ther futures and options...the leverage or contract size is $100,000.
    Contact me directly for trading ideas:
    mbradbard@rcmassetmana...
    954-929-9997
    Jun 6, 2012. 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodity Chart Of The Day: Canadian Dollar [View article]
    Your thinking FX not in futures..the Swiss, Canadian and Yen are the reciprocal.
    Jun 6, 2012. 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Sell In May, Gone Away [View article]
    Maybe you should contact him to discuss:
    mbradbard@rcmassetmana...