Matthew Davis

View Matthew Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft apps pre-installed on Galaxy S6; new Lumias launched [View news story]
    Bank of America pulled the plug on their WP app as well. You can access it via internet explorer, if you dont time out before it can load since it takes forever. But yeah, companies are abandoning the platform, not developing for it.
    Mar 4, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The only good manufacturer is Nokia, and Samsung just used an older phone to put WP on it. If Samsung can get behind it then WP might have a prayer.
    Mar 4, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If the 925 gets WP 10 its only a dual core cpu with 1 gb of Ram
    Mar 4, 2015. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Here is what everyone is hoping the Lumia 940 will be. But I am willing to bet it wont be anything like this.

Due to the fact that since WP and Lumias are bottom of the list sellers, and only sell a few million per quarter, it will causes substantial loses for MS. They cant keep propping up a brand that does not sell at all let alone for a loss year over year, its coming up on 5 years soon and still have not maintained over 3% market share.
    Mar 3, 2015. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I dont own any apple products. I had lumia 900, 925 (two of them) and a 920. WP is dead.
    Mar 3, 2015. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just as I predicted, no new flagship high end Lumias insight. Good bye WP
    Mar 2, 2015. 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Android Success Paves The Way For Sustained Growth [View article]
    Zipper,

I am citing LG and an example that is opposite your position. Just because their margins are inferior doesn't make them close to bankruptcy.

Please stop the Apple fanboy attitude and accept that fact that there is healthy dose of competition.
    Mar 2, 2015. 09:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reports: Microsoft cutting 9K Chinese jobs at two Nokia plants [View news story]
    Maybe you can Google it yourself. The current list of phones for preview are only the current generation models. The evidence is there.

The older phones will get WP8.9 or something stupid to make it look and feel like 10. These are my claims and my opinions I guess you couldn't get that from my comments so I have actually tell you that.
    Mar 2, 2015. 07:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Carrier Support Is Key To Windows Phone Success [View article]
    You are willing to pay the price for it that's great for MS. I don't because there are Pandora and Spotify. I don't need xbox.
    Mar 2, 2015. 07:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Android Success Paves The Way For Sustained Growth [View article]
    Zipper

I disproved your point because you said they don't make any money at all.

Not only that you went beyond to say that they can't compete on quality and cutting edge tech. Which is also completely false. Apple takes a stride and then lets it sit for a while before doing any real updates to hardware. The current specs will be just that few the next several generations.

Your perception isn't the reality. Yes Apple dominates in profits but they don't in just about anything else.
    Mar 2, 2015. 06:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment

They are walking back the promise that they all would. They did the same thing to Lumia 900 owners with WP8

I am willing to bet that non quad core Lumias will not get full WP10
    Mar 1, 2015. 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Android Success Paves The Way For Sustained Growth [View article]
    I have a G3 and as usual those reports are over blown, I can see the screen fine.
    Mar 1, 2015. 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Carrier Support Is Key To Windows Phone Success [View article]
    I found both of those apps useless. Xbox music is over priced. What do you do with smart glass, all I can do is control the xbox and that doesn't mean anything.
    Mar 1, 2015. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Android Success Paves The Way For Sustained Growth [View article]
    Zipper

"Because of Android's lack of profitability for both OEMs and Google, it makes it virtually impossible over time for Android OEMs to stay competitive with Apple on quality, reliability, cutting-edge tech, service, resale value, etc."

I patently disagree with that statement.

Just because Android doesn't make any money for licensing fees doesn't mean any OEM that uses it isn't profitable. Your guilt by association doesn't hold water.
    Mar 1, 2015. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    That's obvious by volume, 35 million WP per year vs 40 million iPhones a month.
    Mar 1, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment