Matthew Davis

View Matthew Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Now Is Not The Time For Greed [View article]
    No reason?

They are incompetent, that is the reason. If I were on that board that would have been it...kick them out and would immediately call out Spain, Italy and Portugal.
    Jul 7, 2015. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greece Exit Bearish For Yields? [View article]
    Wow, You sure know how to glaze over the myriad of other factors facing the US economy. I read this thinking "you must be joking".

First of all, the FOMC does not use the quoted UE number, they use the U6. Not only that they constantly cite wage stagnation and record high labor participation rate as issues that need to be remedied before action can take place.

I have no idea what wage growth you are citing but wage growth isn't 3% where it counts in the middle class. Average work hours have declined over the decade to 34 hours, not even full time! Obamacare effect.

Now the EU and Japan are both doing QE, when we stopped. Is it any wonder why the dollar is so strong? I believe the Euro will drop to .90 to $1.

There is no case to be made for rate hikes this year. China is crashing, the Euro is crashing and no one is pricing in a default and the contagion yet. If Greece leaves the focus will immediately switch to Spain, Italy and Portugal for the same reasons.

I fail to see the merit in your argument.
    Jul 7, 2015. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Is Not The Time For Greed [View article]
    Well the EU and US banking systems are linked. The ripple effects of defaults is not priced in at all. To say Greece has no effect on the US isn't correct.
    Jul 6, 2015. 10:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Is Not The Time For Greed [View article]
    40% cash ready to buy non-sensitive quality stocks.
    Jul 5, 2015. 06:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Second Half Predictions - Conclusion [View article]
    I still think it will be a blip on the radar nothing more.
    Jul 4, 2015. 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Second Half Predictions - Conclusion [View article]
    I still can't find much about a Puerto Rico default, maybe because the Detroit and San Bernandino defaults had 0 impact economically?
    Jul 3, 2015. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobs up 223K; UE rate falls to 5.3% [View news story]
    All that matters to Democrats is being able to point their finger at the fake UE number and claim the economy is strong despit them changing the rules toncalculate the UE number so the uninformed (vast majority) actually believes it.
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why I'm Buying Microsoft And Selling Apple [View article]
    I have not had a virus since Windows xP using Windows own anti virus software, defender and others. Another myth is that you need, anti virus software...its a matter of not clicking the link in your email from strangers. Not very hard.
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Student Transportation Update: Continue To Avoid [View article]
    I remember the old favorites of 2011 $STB, $ARR, $PSEC, among others who were favorites among writers and commentators alike. Look at the fall from grace and I hope people cut loses before they had their lunch money taken away.
    Jun 29, 2015. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why I'm Buying Microsoft And Selling Apple [View article]
    Macs don't get viruses, greatest myth in history.
    Jun 29, 2015. 10:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought American Airlines? Because It's Cheap [View article]
    keyword..investors...not passengers
    Jun 29, 2015. 01:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought American Airlines? Because It's Cheap [View article]
    Everyone hates Spirit but they are more profitable than most airlines, why is that? Just being loved isnt enough.
    Jun 28, 2015. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought American Airlines? Because It's Cheap [View article]
    I made 40% on buying $LCC before they converted shares to $AAL and I think the trade and exuberance is done. It's either a hold here or a sell based on the downtrend. Since estimates are being revised multiple times over a single quarter really concerns me and I don't think the P/E of 6 is reflective of the updated revisions as of yet and as the revisions decrease, the P/E will increase. Its too fluid for me to be able to gauge accurately since I am not a valuation expert and rely on Yahoo and others.
    Jun 27, 2015. 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Technologies: Tide Will Turn In Second Half Of 2015 [View article]
    That is what's going on at the moment it seems. Once Yahoo finance catches up with the estimates it will adjust accordingly.
    Jun 26, 2015. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why I'm Buying Microsoft And Selling Apple [View article]
    Thank you for acknowledging its a false rumor. Now apply it equally to Apple fans too.
    Jun 26, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment