Matthew Levy

View Matthew Levy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Keurig Details Are Not Released: SodaStream Should Continue To Dominate The Home Soda Market [View article]
    Thank you - I'm glad I could help!
    Jul 26 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Perhaps, but I do think that they could survive by themselves..... more than $450M in revenue from existing customers is almost guaranteed..... buying them out for 1.5x sales (in a worst case scenario) would make great sense especially since they have a very strong balance sheet on top of the revenue...
    Jul 25 11:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An End To Our Relationship With Yahoo, A New Era For Equity Research [View article]
    I agree.... quick lists shouldn't be paid the same as an in depth analysis with a well thought out thesis.
    Jul 25 03:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree..... anyone can say that Google is continuing to grow or Amazon will likely face competition. I am a culprit of this (once) and try and only write quality articles.... I feel like there isn't much of a reward though for working on an article for 10 hours versus 2.....
    Jul 25 03:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Me too - I would like to know more about the numbers....
    Jul 25 03:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Seeking Alpha is free for the reader :)!
    Jul 25 03:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Completely agree. It's actually less because of SodaStreams current assets - would be about a $300M bet (which is nothing for DPS).
    Jul 24 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I definitely believe so. Even the slightest bit of good news could send the stock rocketing up. And, the whisper is for SODA to beat on EPS.
    Jul 20 04:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I originally bought SODA before I even wrote for seeking alpha. The problem that I'm trying to bring to center stage, is that the stock is undervalued. There has been bumps in the road, but they still could breach their highs.

My last 3 articles over about 10 months were each timed around drops, while I tried to explain to investors that the decline in share prices were not fully justified.

Thank you for your comment.
    Jul 17 09:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The exact numbers are not released. I said 60% because I can guarantee that the consumable margins are there. Once I reach 70%, it's likely, but there is no guarantee. I am sticking with the facts and not over reaching. And because I am sticking with what we know, my numbers are likely to be more conservative.
    Jul 17 09:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The lowest Keurig machine would be similar to the average SodaStream machine in terms of price..... but the Keurig pods are likely to be a lot more expensive too!
    Jul 17 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree and that's why investors should not write off Keurig Cold, but with no details should SodaStream stock really drop 30%?

Coke has been wrong before though, and so has Nokia, BlackBerry, Windows, Amazon, SuperValu, and nearly every company out there. Just because it is backed by a giant shouldn't mean we should write off the average SodaStream.
    Jul 17 05:41 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SodaStream's margins are about 50% - 55%, and are heavily brought down by their machines. The syrup probably has a margin of around 70% - 80% but I rounded down again (so that SodaStream could easily surpass my expectations).
    Jul 17 05:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You are correct. However, I was trying to make a comparison of Keurig Cold, which will most likely replicate a can of coke, and SodaStream. For an even comparison, I rounded down SodaStream's numbers meaning that consumers are getting an even better deal.

SodaStream is healthier and cheaper for the consumer! A win-win.
    Jul 17 05:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The True Winner Of The World Cup And America's Obsession [View article]
    Take your pick - they're basically the same..... ones class A and the other class B (for voting)
    Jul 16 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment