Matthew Levy

View Matthew Levy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • J.C. Penney: Becoming Profitable Within A Year Requires A Change Of Clothes [View article]
    I believe that Johnson actually initiated many "unwanted" programs. The inventory refers to what the customer sees, but behind the scene he created multiple contracts and categories that will take time to get rid of. I don't think JCP can just swipe it under the rug, but instead slowly change it out. If there is a sudden change of product or price, it may drive consumers away.... However, he actually has improved GM from a few quarters ago, so JCP is on the right track.
    Feb 25 06:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    As part of my research that I did not include in the article, many of Ullman's statements are coming true. The street overlooks a lot, and while the results we're comparing him with are lackluster at best, he is increasing sales and GM. So, in short, I do believe the principle of what he says..... but I will believe it even more when he issues guidance (either way).
    Feb 25 06:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    They are actually repaying revolving credit which shows me that they have no liquidity issues. If need be, they could always borrow again to pay for upgrades.....
    Feb 25 06:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    And growth has slightly improved from several months ago as well.....
    Feb 25 06:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I completely agree with you. I am taking their current GM, which is set to improve with shifting inventory. I am also taking previous revenue guidance, before they began a positive sales growth.

I agree that they need to use space better. Ullman has remodeled many stores, including "store in stores" (Sephora). JCP could make money from renting space out, as well as selling merchandise!

I think that 6 months from now, everything will be a different picture. If Ullman's plan comes to life, GM's and sales will improve, and analysts will have to recalculate their numbers and issue higher PT's....
    Feb 25 06:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I don't think that JCP has or will have serious liquidity issues. They plan on having over $2B in liquidity at the end of this year, more than enough to support a $1B loss if that's what needs to be.....

There are many things it can do to cover the loss.... closing stores is an option, as is revolving credit (I believe they have close to $1B available, which would cover them for next year).

In no way do I think JCP will require Chap. 11, except if the market as a whole takes a tanking next year.
    Feb 25 06:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It's smart to limit your downside, but I don't know if this quarter will be spectacular. I think that guidance and next years results will lift the stock higher......
    Feb 25 07:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Get Into This Stock Before It Steps Into Second Gear... [View article]
    It was truly a surprise that the stock jumped 9.03% today to $43.61! As previously mentioned, their debt is backed by their fleet. While it is impossible for an investor to confirm the value, we have to believe their CC and earnings (balance sheet).
    Feb 20 10:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream Is Fizzing Up With Potential - Part 2 [View article]
    I completely agree. If you read my old article, it was published the day of the Green Mountain - Coke partnership. Shares were down in after hours to $31, and got my article out then (took a few hours to be published though).

However, the next morning I was quoted by Seeking Alpha for saying that the deal might be a positive, and I stick by that statement. I think it not only proves the legitimacy of the product, but SodaStream is already in a fantastic position. I was very conservative with my target price in this article, and strongly believe that the stock should be owned.
    Feb 18 12:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG: Insurance For The Future [View article]
    I completely agree. I was actually reading an article where the author said 'everything is exceptional about AIG, but I don't like how far the stock has dropped.' It is a completely different company, and I believe that the past should not inhibit potential investors from buying stock.
    Feb 6 07:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG: Insurance For The Future [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I believe there is a HUGE potential for extra profit.... very exciting.
    Feb 6 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Led By Mobile, Baidu Can Beat By More Than 40% [View article]
    The title should be intriguing. It's an article, and if you read the first 5 words I think it would become known.
    Feb 3 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Soaring BlackBerry Is Flying Too Close To The Sun [View article]
    I believe you left out a lot. BlackBerry has Billions in value in its Patents - where is that? Ok, Service revenue might drop (though not at current rates) over the next two years as that is the momentum - but your not looking into the future.

By 2015/2016, Chen said they will moneitze BBM, which has close to 150M users now! Even if each impression was only 1/10th of a cent, that's $300,000 - per day (assuming each person only views two adds a day)! This doesn't take into account the future growth or in app purchases. That would be more than $100M in highly profitable revenue a year!

Also, you never mentioned QNX or the BB10 software. They both have value, as they are still both a great OS (BB10 based on QNX). QNX is in about 60% of new car orders if I remember right and signed even more companies this year.

Yes, if you only look at their enterprise business and cash they would be off in evaluation by a dollar or two. BUT, when you add in real estate, patents, other assets (accounts receivables, etc.), BBM, BB10, QNX, and subtract liabilities you get around $18 a share.

Time for me to write another article.
    Cheers
    Jan 31 10:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia's Value And Growth Are HERE: Shares Could Gain More Than 30% In The Next Year [View article]
    I got it from their website/conference call. Nokia made the claim (I believe I gave the link to HERE.com).
    Dec 31 12:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Make them BUY shares for EVERYONE else!
    Dec 30 09:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment