Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    $2.5 when looking at maybe just which fuel to use, but when looking at the plants and which to build, etc, etc I am pretty sure the $ value is much higher. I will have to look it up, but pretty sure it is around here for that actual plant building scenario (although interchangeable one does have to build accordingly). Of course maybe my figures are way off or I had a decimal in the wrong place in the excel spreadsheet, but I will have to look at it.

Regarding the NG shut-ins, CHK did a pretty big deal and many have simply stopped drilling which has helped push prices up. And they do not always run at full capacity as that would damage the wells, they do dial back production to run at an optimal level which keeps the reservior from being depleted and well casing, etc intact.

The royalties paid to landlords is based off of production, a certain % of the value of what is produced, so there is no NEED to pay royalties if production is dialed back. Debt, that is a real issue.

I did not write that I had any positions, so not sure what you are getting at?
    Apr 22, 2013. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Absolutely, but the question remains if the issues were not that big of a deal why you would not just go ahead and appease the concerns of the previous auditor. They had to have known that it would destroy a good bit of shareholder value and possibly some credibility. Just not normal.
    Apr 19, 2013. 11:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    The point is that any time you fire an auditor over what is obviously a disagreement (even if it technically has not reached that point yet) there are some issues. Now this new auditor comes in and if nothing is brought up are we supposed to take that at face value? PWC has a lot of expertise in the resources sector and nothing against BDO, but I have heard little to nothing about their commodity/resource audit group.
    Apr 19, 2013. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    That is when the problems initially arose, that is for sure. I think it is a bit of Egypt and then the added pressures from the price of oil declining...and obviously the latest market turmoil has to be factored in.
    Apr 19, 2013. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Plus it was second on the buy list, behind PDC Energy and it was stated that the buying would occur in that order. Although that too fell into the buy range on Monday. Buy on Tuesday fits our profile as well...catching falling knives is never fun.
    Apr 17, 2013. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Monday we were actually out of the office and busy with clients, plus had the transfer of funds already taking place. So by the time I saw the blood in the streets there was not enough time to make sure it was safe to buy which is what we spent the night doing...although today we did have another sell-off. Remember I do not keep open buy orders out there specifically for days such as Monday and today.
    Apr 17, 2013. 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Think I covered that last week? Obviously keeping prices artificially high and they are at support if I remember correctly. So obviously not bullish.
    Apr 17, 2013. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    So long as it is lower when you buy it as opposed to when you sell it who is complaining?!
    Apr 16, 2013. 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Well said dunnhaupt, well said.
    Apr 16, 2013. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Apr 16, 2013. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Good picks Michael, like those names as well, with European Uranium being the only one owned at this point.
    Apr 16, 2013. 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    In this market it is probably a sit tight moment. The funds are most likely better utilized elsewhere unfortunately...
    Apr 11, 2013. 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Look I get it, I have been over the numbers for years and the story has always been that the cash was there. Just saying that until this cash is in hand, and there are no production issues with start-up, be wary...it seems there are always issues with start-up. Not a single name comes to mind without any start-up issues in the uranium industry over the last few years.
    Apr 11, 2013. 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    The accountants will take care of it if it is a problem, but a lot of it has to do with the XM acquisition and I would bet the other is due to their license from the US government...they are a monopoly now....basically I am guessing that most has to do with acquisitions and then some for brands. Honestly have not gotten that involved with the goodwill & intangibles on their balance sheet because only use it as a trading vehicle and not an investment.
    Apr 5, 2013. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks guys! But I cannot take all the credit there (or maybe any of the credit except for the repost) as it was someone else who posted it elsewhere. Cannot remember where I saw the original but wish I could give credit where it is due because that is certainly meaningful.
    Apr 5, 2013. 08:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment