Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I think you can do better than DVN!
    Jan 23, 2013. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    And yes adding here is tough...had to exercise my options as the premiums to rollover (and we are talking about deep-in-the-money calls here) were a bit preposterous. But on a pullback, I might have to pull the trigger. Ride your winners and prune the losers.
    Jan 23, 2013. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Good stuff TFCAB, but remember your gains are actually capped at $48.25 due to the premium! Regarding your question directly angelodebo I honestly cannot say as I do not know your specific situation. However, I have stated from the start that this was a $50/share stock which was masquerading as a bargain bin item. $50 was my initial price target but honestly the whole situation has played out a bit better than I anticipated and barring any Midstream constraints during their drilling ramp up I will probably be forced to reevaluate that estimate. I think I may cover this situation in tomorrow's article about resource stocks and trajectories. Sound good?
    Jan 23, 2013. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Nope not on the list for this morning, it is a 52-week high but nothing special. Would like to see that break through the $60/share level and move higher, that is something to watch.
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I think you should be careful....insinuating that they are lying about their results is walking in a gray area. Yes those are IP rates for various hours, but also look at how long the wells have sat, which is key as well. Of course the wells are not going to continually produce at those rates for an extended period of time - everyone knows that. But I guess by your logic the Bakken and Eagle Ford have been awful investments for those drilling there two huh?
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I hope that was all so you could plug your own article because the comments were in regards to the Utica results which are cranking up and the fact that the coal numbers were not nearly as bad as they could have been. The Utica was the story, the coal doom and gloom is already baked into the stock.
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Well positive cash flow and profit are not one in the same, but that is beside the point. What happened to SVU was arguably different as they also had a simultaneous shopping of the assets going on...but yes, I will give you the bankruptcy argument but it is now a deleveraging story...we are basically talking about the same idea behind the move higher just using different terminology.
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    BUT WAIT! When was the last time they strung together a few quarters of profitability and did not disappoint investors? It has been a while...
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Commodity News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Totally depends on the outlook for your investment...long-term or short-term or somewhere in the middle. It has a nice yield and you are guaranteed some sort of payout so long as the company is profitable based on local law...hovering around the $20/share level here which is a decent area to make an initial purchase but I would also keep enough firepower to buy more if we fell down the the $17-19/share range...that is if it was my money and I really wanted shares.

It is not a bad play, but I think there are much more compelling plays out there which would benefit from the same catalysts...FCX would be one of them for instance.
    Jan 21, 2013. 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks healthythoughts.
    Jan 20, 2013. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Peter they used to be in the Australian Uranium Index I had set up back in the day. Small company and it was only traded on the ASX. If you want some good research on them I believe that the Australian brokerage RCR has old reports available. Those reports are always worth a read (the free ones) as you can get other names of interest from their lists. If they do not have old ones still available sign up for their free email list to get emails when their uranium and other reports are released in abridged versions...unless you want to buy those reports yourself, but at $1k-2.5k a pop it is kind of hard to justify, in my opinion.
    Jan 19, 2013. 07:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    No need to spice it up if you bought Pier One during the crisis even at a value 10x the $0.10 low! Or any figure up to 100x for that matter.
    Jan 19, 2013. 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Commodity News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. Hope you find them useful on a consistent basis!
    Jan 18, 2013. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yamana? Yes another favorite...looked at that one too, but like you said the chart got a bit ugly recently. If you want gold exposure for long-term investing with a large cap, that would be the way to go. AUQ for those wanting a bit more risk without being speculators!
    Jan 18, 2013. 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Discussed this one recently when a reader wrote in asking whether PZG or AUQ was where he should put his money...wanted to rotate.
    Jan 18, 2013. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment