Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yes. The whole shale complex in fact with top plays going first.
    Dec 11 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Good call! Sad thing is that news item was not delivered to my reader app until this morning....but it did make the front of yahoo's home page. Big news indeed!
    Dec 11 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Right and today we took that off the table....it has a tendency to run on news items such as this. To the sidelines is the correct call for those who arent long term bulls.
    Dec 11 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    The end of 2013 is the end of the megatons to megawatts program which should mean 2013 is the start of higher prices. The project's economics look good and so too does the geology...but that project needs to get built and up and running. Good spec at these prices...looking at it myself.
    Dec 10 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Understand your frustration but I find it necessary to cover what happened yesterday to show opposing views to give an unbiased picture for the reader. Like with Gulfport today, and in there reiterate our opinion if it still holds for long term investors. The formula has worked and created great opportunities for readers such as bearish calls on AKS, coals across the board, MCP, and a few others and bullish calls with GPOR, EVEP, REXX, KOG, ROSE, and ANR. Those last 3 were trading so they had both bearish and bullish calls, just like our SIRI calls this year. Wish you found the articles a bit more helpful...
    Dec 10 11:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    You need to recognize that long term we are still bullish up to 10. But short term for our traders it has gotten pricey with the run up. Do yourself a favor and read the article from Nov 16th. Maybe then you would not have your facts misconstrued and would understand where the comments are coming from.
    Dec 10 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    They have some big investors fired up, that and the media is watching, so I think we will see some better results as they move towards a company focused on production and less so on exploration. Just the traditional curve all these plays have.
    Dec 6 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I have no horse in that race, but if you wanted to make the real money of of a trade it'd be best to try and time it shortly before he left. That way you get the benefit of the rally when he was gone (it seems that is what the market expects). After that the assets trade closer to fair value and you may have missed out on the revaluation of the shares.
    Dec 6 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    You are right on the VLO high. I got my information off of a list of new 52-week highs from a usually spot on resource which up until this point had never failed me... I will have to verify that one from now on.

Regarding FCX, its an acquisition not even in their field (...and what's more is they did two of them!), I think you have to give me a pass on that one. Plus I was half right on it if you want to get technical, that is why you should read as much as possible. I consume financial news from people I do not like (Charlie Gasparino for instance) to get a perspective on how others see things and then mold my ideas from parts of theirs which I believe to be correct...so think of all the money you could have made getting on the opposite side of the trade as my gut feeling.

But on a serious note, that news came out literally within a few minutes of this getting published, so trading on that probably would have been difficult.
    Dec 6 10:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Glad that trade is finally working out for you! Approaching $40/share now.
    Nov 30 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Don't know about that...I think the two senators wrote a espouse already...could be wrong as I'm disconnected from the world right now, but I seem to remember having it pop up on a news stream yesterday.
    Nov 28 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I was a long-term investor in INTC for a long time...this mobile transition seems to have been in place since 1999...and the acquisitions never panned out. The balance sheet, cash flow and dividend in my opinion are more a testament to the PC business than mobile. For what its worth...
    Nov 21 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yea, Sears Holdings....its right there to start it all off...what exactly is your issue?
    Nov 21 02:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Was disappointed with the split-up of assets, but nice assets in Canada still.
    Nov 20 01:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks Doggoneit...hope to keep you informed moving forward.
    Nov 20 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment