Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Without a doubt! But it does seem that the midstream players are better understanding the constraints which will pop up the more they do this (building out infrastructure from play to play).
    Jan 12 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    So a bull like you was conveniently out of it at way higher prices and now aren't back in? You failed to mention this before! Thought you were a Molymaniac.
    Jan 11 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Technically SandRidge...but probably not what you wanted to hear! :)
    Jan 11 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yes the next couple of months and then years will be real interesting with EVEP. NGL pricing pressure is something mentioned earlier in the year, it was a serious comment and idea but to think it would take place this quickly was a surprise. GPOR still looks good, although it will be nice to get some data on how those monster IP rates decline.
    Jan 11 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Ahhh, didn't change the header. Apologies...
    Jan 11 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words Douglas. In regards to EVEP it is coming around recently and seems to have caught a bid over the past few sessions.

I am working on my 2013 Predictions for commodities...I have the ideas all written down on paper, but it is a matter of putting the keys to the keyboard! Anyways one of the ideas I will discuss is the natural gas dilemma. On the whole it is an unprofitable venture, but in some areas it still works like you said...my concern is that the economics worked and chased those out trying to create more supply but even with those players on the sideline we have other players drilling as fast as possible in shales not for the natural gas but the oil and NGLs. I do not think we are turning around this year in NG, and probably not next year but rather that it will be a multi-year transformation within the market which will only begin to work towards equilibrium once we can export and drive up demand domestically (whether that is via transportation, electricity production or chemical processing). There is value here, but I think we see the guys like EOG with fat margins from their oily plays buying these dry plays before the turn. I will try to make a more eloquent argument later that is far more organized and understandable! But just wanted to respond so you knew where I was coming from.
    Jan 10 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Glad to see you finally coming around.
    Jan 10 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    JP Morgan stated that they were close to closing a large deal for one of their bigger assets they have listed. Read today's article when it comes out!
    Jan 10 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    If that's a compliment my way it is much appreciated!
    Jan 9 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Oh so even if we say that MAY means to certainly do (even though that's a move to neutrality) that would be one wrong call out of what 8? So that wouldd be 12.5% of the time that was incorrect and 87.5% of the time correct. If those are your standards for being consistently incorrect I would hate to have to be your doctor, broker, lawyer, etc.
    Jan 6 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Feel free to go back and check the articles. in the time frame for which you have the issue. Because from what I saw it looks pretty darn consistent. It is quite possible I missed an article but from my notes and what I saw when I went back and looked I came up with this list.

Pre Nov 20 - bearish on the way down
    Nov 20 - said it appeared that the bleeding had stopped
    Nov 26 - said that the short play was over and we would not recommend being short heading into the conferences
    Nov 30 - said it would be bullish until Dec 6 after which it may be time for investors to return to bearish positions
    Dec 11- moved to neutral as price rose after Lynas news but did not want to go bearish
    Dec 12 - commented on CEO search and situation but no change
    Dec 13 - commented on CEO search and situation but no change
    Dec 21 commented on short-term (day ahead) price action - heading below $10 - which was right as shares ended up eventually going down and got back to $9.50 after then
    Jan 5 02:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Who cares about consistency in being bullish or bearish when you are consistently right?!?! The calls would have consistently made readers money if they followed the calls and in some articles they would have gotten heads up when reading into our comments and noticing our waning bullishness or bearishness.

Don't worry, I looked back because I remembered your other comment. We were bearish on the way down, then bullish and now not (unfounded optimism).

Pointing out short-term fluctuations may not be value added to you, but to other readers it is. And there is a difference between may and do.
    Jan 3 10:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Not a pure play though...
    Jan 3 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yes that's what I was referring to. Also Australia's casinos I have heard are beginning to attract Chinese customers.
    Jan 3 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Wow. Not sure what happened but my calendars did change! Yes indicate tomorrow now w/ the fed minutes....strange.
    Jan 2 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment