Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    You need to recognize that long term we are still bullish up to 10. But short term for our traders it has gotten pricey with the run up. Do yourself a favor and read the article from Nov 16th. Maybe then you would not have your facts misconstrued and would understand where the comments are coming from.
    Dec 10 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    They have some big investors fired up, that and the media is watching, so I think we will see some better results as they move towards a company focused on production and less so on exploration. Just the traditional curve all these plays have.
    Dec 6 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I have no horse in that race, but if you wanted to make the real money of of a trade it'd be best to try and time it shortly before he left. That way you get the benefit of the rally when he was gone (it seems that is what the market expects). After that the assets trade closer to fair value and you may have missed out on the revaluation of the shares.
    Dec 6 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    You are right on the VLO high. I got my information off of a list of new 52-week highs from a usually spot on resource which up until this point had never failed me... I will have to verify that one from now on.

Regarding FCX, its an acquisition not even in their field (...and what's more is they did two of them!), I think you have to give me a pass on that one. Plus I was half right on it if you want to get technical, that is why you should read as much as possible. I consume financial news from people I do not like (Charlie Gasparino for instance) to get a perspective on how others see things and then mold my ideas from parts of theirs which I believe to be correct...so think of all the money you could have made getting on the opposite side of the trade as my gut feeling.

But on a serious note, that news came out literally within a few minutes of this getting published, so trading on that probably would have been difficult.
    Dec 6 10:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Glad that trade is finally working out for you! Approaching $40/share now.
    Nov 30 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Don't know about that...I think the two senators wrote a espouse already...could be wrong as I'm disconnected from the world right now, but I seem to remember having it pop up on a news stream yesterday.
    Nov 28 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    I was a long-term investor in INTC for a long time...this mobile transition seems to have been in place since 1999...and the acquisitions never panned out. The balance sheet, cash flow and dividend in my opinion are more a testament to the PC business than mobile. For what its worth...
    Nov 21 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Yea, Sears Holdings....its right there to start it all off...what exactly is your issue?
    Nov 21 02:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Was disappointed with the split-up of assets, but nice assets in Canada still.
    Nov 20 01:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks Doggoneit...hope to keep you informed moving forward.
    Nov 20 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Producers Moving On News [View article]
    Possibly, but he is either really early or really late to his investments outside of oil...natural gas being one of them and wind another.
    Nov 15 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Correct. Traders who took gains made money, but those trading the election did not and long-term investors who are holding for a longer period have certainly seen gains dissipate.
    Nov 15 03:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Thanks Sidrico! I liked it, 2013 will be big for them and the Utica - here's hoping that the infrastructure gets put in place on time.
    Nov 8 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    Down 8%+ today....looks like the short-term call was correct. Looking at trading not long-term. Never said no growth or anything such as that!
    Nov 7 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market News To Trade On: 5 Stocks Moving On News [View article]
    The subscription service blocks out non subscribers when following that link.
    Nov 6 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment