Matthew Smith

View Matthew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Today's Market: Is Yahoo Fumbling The Ball? [View article]
    Not at all, just internet and mobile...but most of us here use the financial site most and I would guess the sports or news site 2nd most (outside of the home page of course).
    Jan 24 12:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market: Is Yahoo Fumbling The Ball? [View article]
    nickkoto, my main gripe is that the mobile apps automatically assign favorites to me based on quotes i have entered and then automatically force feed me only that news. It seems stale too.
    Jan 24 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market: Apple And Amazon To Be The Big Holiday Winners [View article]
    Fair enough, we both have the value side in common then.
    Jan 24 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market: Industrial Stocks To Buy On This Pullback [View article]
    ...past history is not indicative of future results...so yes the big question is moving forward without the raging bull of china behind it can CAT deliver?
    Jan 24 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: How To Play This Natural Gas Spike [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words! I like CHK overall, and have for some time. They are the #2 nat gas producer in the country but after taking off the hedges last year put them back on this year to lower risk...and the losses that they experienced. The company is shifting towards a NGL/condensate/oil producer which is what originally got me bullish. If you look at their rig counts and cap ex figures they are spending less and less on natural gas drilling, so they are really only adding dry nat gas production from their liquids plays as by-product. Not included in this article based on the new focus and decreasing % of production.
    Jan 24 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: How To Play These Movers [View article]
    Is it clean to manufacture the various parts that make solar panels? That stuff is not clean either.
    Jan 23 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Buyout Rumors Persist, Utica Results & Good News For Coal [View article]
    So you've told me before...
    Jan 23 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Metals Up On China, Oil To Follow? [View article]
    It was a rhetorical question. And full sun could never be 12 hours! It is at best like 3-4 hours. And who would pay big $$$ to build a solar plant when they could just wait for economics to improve? One does not replace plants 1-5 years down the road to increase efficiency with the margins offered in the power biz. I believe your facts are not facts at all. Nice try though!
    Jan 23 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Oil, Potash And Rare Earths Attracting Attention Recently [View article]
    Still trying to find its way it seems...needs China to come back.
    Jan 23 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'd argue wayyyy too risky at this time.
    Jan 23 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: What To Buy On The Dip And What To Sell [View article]
    Patiently waiting...set up the distributions to be automatically reinvested at these prices so I was not tempted to buy more.
    Jan 23 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Are These Stocks Buys At Lows? [View article]
    Too? :) For a number of reasons, but smart money is not always smart...it makes stupid moves quite often actually - but in smaller increments.
    Jan 23 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market: Apple And Amazon To Be The Big Holiday Winners [View article]
    Let me know when you go short to start playing the move down to $36.91/share! I am not long the stock, but certainly not jumping in front of the momentum train that is AMZN. So although I am not a bull, please do not put words in my mouth to promote your own site and imply I am a bull.
    Jan 23 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Looking At The Anadarko Sell-Off [View article]
    convoluted, no problem here. Appreciate you sharing your knowledge with readers.
    Jan 23 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities Today: Commodity Winners For 2014 [View article]
    Depends on how you set up the chart and which side of the trade you are on, but I like the point!
    Jan 23 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment