Matthew Waterman

View Matthew Waterman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mattel Shows Signs Of Improvement [View article]
    "Always in motion, the future is"
    Apr 25, 2015. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel +4% after Goldman Sachs nod [View news story]
    Mattel's stock price is far too cheap for management to just accept a buyout offer. Even at $75 they'd be giving the company away and I think they realize that. GS's $37, 1 year target isn't over generous, and also isn't an insult. I'm tempted to say it might be just perfect.

More upgrades like this will be coming around the 2nd quarter. Sit tight, as I've said before, "Good things are coming".
    Apr 25, 2015. 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Holy Smoke - My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows But Doesn't Understand [View article]
    It's good stuff, I'm taking a look at some of your others right now. You have a very lucid, logical thought process that I appreciate. Will be a follower :)
    Apr 25, 2015. 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman [View news story]
    Seven straight months of accumulating it. I'm definitely getting paid on this one lol. I have no idea what I'm going to buy next though, I should probably start thinking about that. Maybe some bonds or something.
    Apr 25, 2015. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow, you're getting way too much heat in the comments. This is perfectly reasonable analysis, people just hate having someone pointing out when there are problems.

As far as shorting, I'm not sure I'd be doing that at 20 times earnings. Net income is still doing well due to lower interest expenses. Depends on what they can do moving forward. Cigarettes are still pretty popular in other countries, and there may be new revenue streams available when big tobacco starts buying into marijuana producers. I expect that to happen at some point.

Otherwise this is great analysis, and I totally see where you're coming from on most of these points.
    Apr 25, 2015. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman [View news story]
    I'm in the green big time now. 8% up on my average cost on the shares, and my options increased almost tenfold this week alone. It's going nuts.
    Apr 25, 2015. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play Japanese Monopoly [View article]
    Indeed.
    Apr 24, 2015. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman [View news story]
    It's already coming up on $30 pre-market. I'm going to go in the money on 200 contracts today. Not complaining at all here.
    Apr 24, 2015. 07:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel raised to Buy from Neutral at Goldman [View news story]
    Holy cow. I was bullish, but this is a straight up miracle of some kind.
    Apr 24, 2015. 06:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MORL April Dividend Brings Yield To 23.2% [View article]
    On whole shares, I'm up ~3.9%. I bought a bunch more a few days before earnings.
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MORL April Dividend Brings Yield To 23.2% [View article]
    I also own a bunch of long term call options, with strikes from $28 up to $35. Only one is in the money but they all had a huge jump in price.

And it's not $1.50. Mattel has gone up more than $6/share since it bottomed.
    Apr 23, 2015. 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growth Of Hacktivism: How The Millennial Can Profit From The Value Of Cyber-Crime [View article]
    This is a pretty cool article dude. I like it.
    Apr 23, 2015. 06:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MORL April Dividend Brings Yield To 23.2% [View article]
    @Bert. Up 700% on Mattel in the last two weeks.
    Apr 23, 2015. 05:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nike Is A Great Company, But Foot Locker And Skechers Are Better Stocks [View article]
    From somebody who buys these kind of shoes, what I can tell you about Foot Locker is that it differentiates itself by specializing in basketball shoes. It carries certain shoes and clothing lines in the stores that aren't found in other locations. And their advertising through emails is very targeted. I could understand this being hard to see from the outside, but the difference is there.

On a similar note, Finishline sells lines of running shoes that are not available at other retailers. Each store has their own niche of customers.
    Apr 23, 2015. 12:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play Japanese Monopoly [View article]
    Awesome, appreciate the Toronto ticks too.
    Apr 21, 2015. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment