Mazen Abdallah

View Mazen Abdallah's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How You Should Play Zynga's IPO [View article]
    I think $6 would be a good time to get in and start buying options when it opens up for a Short term trade, what do you think Brian?
    Dec 16 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Stock Market Blunders Of 2011 (Sort Of Involving Netflix Or RIM) [View article]
    While Yelp probably should have cashed in when it had the chance, it may still turn out to be the right decision. These internet IPOs are really taking off. I was one of Groupon's critics when it declined Google's offer. As of today, it turned out to be a great decision...
    Dec 15 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Has A Date With $110 Per Share [View article]
    CAT is not far off from that $80 mark. Just yesterday it was trading upwards of $94 and its $86 now. It's not unrealistic to see it hit $80 if the market continues its trend this week.
    Dec 14 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO Preview: Zynga [View article]
    Hit n Run as usual with these IPOs although I'm more predisposed to just ride the train down than up.
    Dec 14 12:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Will Sink In The Long-Run [View article]
    Can't argue there, for every pop, there is a drop!
    Dec 14 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford's Bullish Charge Is Just Beginning [View article]
    I believed F would contract this year after it's big run up in 2010, but I am uncertain about 2012. The fundamentals are there to support a long position but unfortunately the recent trading history just doesn't support it. I am cautiously optimistic.
    Dec 14 11:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Will Sink In The Long-Run [View article]
    I think that Zynga, like the IPOs that came before it, will initially get a pop, but in the end, I must agree it's probably not the best investment. Facebook could put Zynga out of business whenever it wanted - http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 14 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy And Sell Signals For U.S. Markets [View article]
    Intel's recent 4th quarter estimates cut definitely confirms your analysis in the tech sector.
    Dec 13 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora: The Noise Sirius XM Investors Can't Ignore [View article]
    Hey Rocco, would like to hear your thoughts on whether spotify is a legitimate concern for Pandora?
    Dec 13 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware Insider Selling In 'Small Float' IPOs [View article]
    I wrote it beginning of trading Monday. Had to edit later for numbers sake later of course. The article is designed to point out the typical drop that occurs on that day and what traders should do to prepare for it. I am actually pretty positive about Pandora's future outlook, especially vs Sirius XM.
    Dec 13 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Properly Use Apple's Guidance To Accurately Forecast Earnings [View article]
    Andy, thank you for the thorough and sound analysis on Apple. I am quite bullish on Apple myself and was interested in getting your take on which out of the money February calls you think would best capture the stock's anticipated rise heading into earnings.
    Dec 12 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Short Groupon [View article]
    First, I would like to commend you on the several valid points you raise. You are correct in that LS and GRPN can't be compared exactly as apples, at least not just yet. While there are differing dynamics between the two, LS is the only other large company whose business focus is the same as GRPN. As a result, analysts will definitely pay attention to what they do. Their most recent round of funding and valuation definitely had an impact on GRPN's most recent turn upward. As you know, the market trades on rumors (although you and I can agree it was more than just that) all the time.

I mentioned in both this article and the previous one that an immediate short position is unwise. I still think there is room for a considerable move upward. But why only profit on the way up, when you can also profit on the way down? The focus of my article was to pinpoint a juncture in time that would reap the greatest return for someone in the bearish camp. In addition, I suggested the purchase of short-term puts, which by its nature, will not be held for a very long time. Thus, the short recommendation is not a long term one, just one to profit on one of the big swings you had mentioned.
    Dec 11 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Short Groupon [View article]
    Thank you for the compliments. I don't know what you mean by subscribing multiple times. I've only had to subscribe once. I never visit the site because I downloaded the application on my iphone and they notify me each day of the featured deal.

You're absolutely right about the inflated number of subscribers. That can be so manufactured with fake email addressed. That's why I emphasized that the number of subscribers was not as important as the number of subscribers who actually purchase vouchers, which Groupon slyly chooses to conceal.

One thing I certainly like about Living Social is that if you purchase a voucher and then pass it on to your friends, and three of them purchase the same voucher, yours becomes free. That's a win win for both Living Social (gain more PAYING subscribers) and me the consumer (free product/service).
    Dec 10 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Short Groupon [View article]
    Well that's been the latest trend with the mad rush of all these internet IPOs lately. Really reminds you of the dot com days of the late nineties eh?
    Dec 9 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Short Groupon [View article]
    The puts are expensive for that reason and also because of the implied volatility. I certainly don't suggest you purchase puts now. I think that would be a losing bet. In my article, I recommended an ideal time would be the latter part of March, and possible the beginning of April with an expiration of June and possibly July. Three months expiration ATM in March should be a good price point to begin a put position. Time will tell...
    Dec 9 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment