McBride

View McBride's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dendreon: Startling Results Sequencing Provenge After Medivation's Xtandi [View article]
    "...clinical trials are underway to evaluate the effect of immune-based therapies on tumor growth rate, as measured by prostate-specific antigen doubling time or similar parameters. If clinical trials in mCRPC (such as the ongoing phase III PSA-TRICOM trial) can link changes in tumor growth rate to clinical outcomes, we may discover a way to evaluate such growth-rate changes in patients with micrometastatic disease, where immunotherapy may have its greatest effect."

Mar 5, 2013. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agree, Ted..."booster" re-treatments have shown improvements in CD54 upregulation that were actually very robust. That was in their last set of papers released.
    Mar 5, 2013. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The recurring revenue model should include new cases of the metastatic castrate cases of prostate cancer, diagnosed every year with approx 29,000-36,000 cases per year. Note, this is NOT the amount of prostate cancer cases diagnosed each year.

Should Provenge be approved, ever, for non-metastatic prostate cancer...then...wow
    Mar 5, 2013. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ted- I for one will remain skepticle on this case.

I am not convinced his drop in PSA had much to do with Sip-T. I would love to be totally wrong- in that synergy may be present here.

However, something tells me he was either re-started on bicalutamide, or it was stopped (anti-androgen withdrawl response- PSA can decline by stopping the anti-androgen, but down to near zero is interesting.

Additionally, he is basically a low volume disease state, no prostate to reseed disease, a cherry picked case possibly as a catalyst for studying this synergy.

"DR SMITH: So this is a great example of contemporary metastatic CRPC. This guy has a great prognosis. Right? He’s now 14 years after his prostatectomy. He had a durable response to bicalutamide monotherapy, durable response to salvage GnRH agonist therapy. He’s asymptomatic throughout the entire course of his illness. And then he’s had a spectacular response to enzalutamide. So out of the gate for many reasons, he has a far better-than-average prognosis.

I would, in this patient, attempt to maintain him on enzalutamide as long as would be reasonably possible, certainly would not stop based on PSA progression alone. I’d want to see compelling evidence of radiographic progression and, at that point, would enthusiastically treat him with a CYP17A inhibitor. And I think he’s particularly likely to respond because of his durable response to other therapies. Responders tend to remain responders."

My hope is that this case, if reproduced data with other patients, would argue that Sip-T should be used very, very, very soon in the mCRPC treatment paradigm, something the ASCO quartile data hinted at as well.

Great article, again, and thanks for pointing this out to SA readers.
    Feb 25, 2013. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No, he's making a journalistic observation about a finding. To ignore this would be bad science. Equally bad would be to rely on one case, so this is an interesting finding that needs to be reproduced before ANY recommendations are made.

I think Ted has done a prudent job in declaring he makes no recommendations, and remains descriptive. He will definitely be responsible enough to wait for studies to evolve.

But of course, we appreciate him highlighting this important journal article, so that we can research this case for ourselves, right?
    Feb 25, 2013. 11:05 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pied- I think you're discounting...hmm...ev... positive?

Just buy the January 2015 $12 strike, it's pretty close to your $0.90 bid.

While you're at it, start reading some of the clinically relevant articles surrounding Provenge. If you aren't into the evolving bioscience side of it, maybe you should invest in consumer cyclicals, for example?
    Feb 25, 2013. 11:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    Thousands of shares outright, and dozens of call options contracts with expirations ranging from May 2013 to Jan 2015, striking $5.50 to $7
    Feb 15, 2013. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    I bought years ago under 4, sold at high 40s, bought a Mercedes and re-invested most of it. Re-purchased call options in the $5.50 to $7 some year or so later when down near $4 or 5 per share in late 2012 due to the onslaught (bear raid)

I first learned about DNDN at the Cities of Hope Medical Center Genitourinary Oncology Symposium at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego. Been investing since. Long, as all my articles clearly state. Thousands of shares, FYI.

I think it's a good investment because I'm using scientific evidence and clinical experience in the treatment of prostate cancer patients as my knowledge base. My opinions that Provenge would be used WITH the other treatments like Zytiga and Xtandi are longstanding. I invite you to read my posts, as my reasons for thinking Provenge is a good investment are largely clinical.

I struggle to co-exist with analysts who have the desire to swing purchasing to support their goals of investing, rather than laying out objective information that helps people who are clinically minded, to understand the business side.
    Feb 15, 2013. 04:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    From your article
    "Dendreon is due to report full Q4 2012 earnings results on February 25th. These earnings are expected to be better than ever, although it's still highly unlikely that the company will turn a profit."

You contradict yourself and I am standing on my conviction that this is either support of your own naked shorts, or you're just plain biased.
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    Show me where this is tagged as a short idea on SeekingAlpha. I see a title that implies bullish sentiment and grabs readers. Nice work!
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    This is your opinion, to short a stock you don't own?

Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    Oh wait, you are being paid. This is your short idea, as you put on your own website, under SHORT IDEAS!!!!!!

Dendreon Rallies on Hopes of Provenge Turnaround

02.14.2013 · Posted in Brian L. Wilson, Catalysts, Short Ideas

Dendreon Rallies on Hopes of Provenge Turnaround One of the most surprising turnaround stocks in the biotech sector this year is Dendreon (NASDAQ:DNDN), which has moved up over 20% since the start of the year and seems to actually be gaining some bullish traction. Today, we will be taking a look at Dendreon to gauge ...

No Comments »
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    From your 1/15/2013 article:

"Dendreon announced $85.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, which is actually very encouraging since it demonstrates some much-needed growth in revenues. Dendreon believes that it can break even as a company by boosting profit margins on Provenge, reducing other superfluous costs, and by boosting quarterly sales to about $100 million or more. While I think this is a bit too optimistic, Dendreon's most recent results at least show that the company is making progress towards profitability. They were also able to boost the number of Provenge infusing physician "accounts" by 61, bringing the total to 802 (an 8.2% jump). Analysts have also jumped on these exciting developments, boosting price targets on DNDN and injecting some much needed enthusiasm into the investment community."

Who is paying you to swing back and forth here, Brian?
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    What about the recent clinical studies and poster abstracts from ASCO, and the relevant clinical picture? You could always point towards Ted Cohen's recent articles, to at least balance the overall picture. You're not writing about a company selling widgets.

I can see you are staying on the business side, the side where it's easier to argue points that this stock is not (in your opinion) worth investing in.
    Feb 15, 2013. 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Rallies On Hopes Of Provenge Turnaround [View article]
    This article does nothing to support its own stated purpose and is mistitled.

"we will be taking a look at Dendreon to gauge its new valuation in light of the most recent developments and upcoming catalysts for the stock"

There is not one mention of upcoming catalysts, not much at all on the up side. Burying a hidden agenda of slamming the stock with old news reiterated, under a title that would attract readers to see upside information...interesting in that regard only.

Perhaps the 20% rise is reason to write such articles hoping for readers to catch the disclaimer that no shares are owned, and believe this to be free of subjectivity.

Ending the article stating there is "one bullish factor for Dendreon" just puts the icing on this cake.
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment