Medhanie

View Medhanie's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Arena's Lorcaserin: When Placebos Work Too Well [View article]
    Good article... One thing I would add is that for women in child bearing age and those overwieght but not obese Lorcaserine is a better initial option... No known risk of birth defect like Qnexa. Moreover about a third of study patients lost 10 or more percent of body weight. Finally in regards to tumors, they were only observed in rats and not in humans. Actually one more thing - for comorbidity factors such as diabetes and increased blood pressure, Lorcaserine performed better than the placebo.
    May 1, 2012. 01:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Assessing Adam Feuerstein's Views On Arena Pharmaceutical's Weight Loss Drug [View article]
    Adam Fuerstein is known for hyperbole to the point of almost losing credibility. I think his dream is to become a CNBC bloviator. But that notwithstanding, he is right on Arena. The FDA looks to approve safe and effective drugs, and on both fronts, Locasertine is far less than impressive. Btw, your 220 pound analogy doesn't work. The rat experiments were for 3 months and virtually all doseage levels causes tumors. Does that mean its safe on low doses for 3 or more years on humans? That is the concern.

Advice: clean up you articles before publishing. It had a lot of typos and grammatical errors.
    Apr 24, 2012. 02:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Oversold Stocks Seeing Bullish Sentiment On Twitter [View article]
    I think your use of twitter to gauge srntiment is the tip of the ice berg. I think twitter can fundementally change trading in a profound and lasting way. Twitter is inTrade but in real time. Great article... look forward to your next.
    Mar 19, 2012. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Friday's Close Has Amarin Investors Smelling News [View article]
    I can't believe seekingalpha published this. Its standards are becoming quentionable.
    Mar 19, 2012. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuesday's Bio Pharma Watch List [View article]
    Dude - you don't know what you are talking about. I don't know of anyone who does not believe AMR101 will get approval. The concern is with the patent and NCE. Do your homework -buddy.
    Feb 28, 2012. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: Amr101 Market Potential Far Greater Than High Triglycerides [View article]
    Thanks!
    Feb 11, 2012. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I just re-read the anchor trial results, and you are right!!! I don't how missed something so Big.

Awesome article!!
    Feb 10, 2012. 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting... If you have a link to the lazard note, please share..... Thanks!!
    Feb 10, 2012. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Less Is More: Why I Prefer Low Yield Stocks [View article]
    Your baseline is the 2008 financial crisis??? An event that happens once every five decades -maybe??? Try Vivendi and verizon and see how those stocked faired, especially right after the crisis. By the way, the author gives no consideration of the investor's profile. If you are an old lady, take the high yield stock. If you are a single young man 30 years from retiring, go for growth stocks. And all things being equal take high dividends. I can spend my money better than you can spend it for me.
    Feb 10, 2012. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illumina, Roche And Fairness [View article]
    Interesting info. You definitely got me intrigued. One comment: you had minor grammatical errors throughout.
    Otherwise, good article.
    Feb 10, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What is the connection bwtween high hsCRP value and AMR101? Also, where did you come up with March 2012 as the date for the patent office's decision?
    Feb 10, 2012. 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante Has Potential To Double Soon [View article]
    Phase I and II clinical trials or results are rarely (to never) a good reason for investing in a company - Biosante is proof of that. However, I think that it will get approval for its Bio-gel and the future market for male testosterom is bigger than believed. Moreover, all those short positions make it an attractive short term opportunity.
    Feb 6, 2012. 01:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heins' Strategy For RIM: Do Nothing [View article]
    It's official. RIM is going to hell in a hand-basket. The board can't be this incompetent. The two former Co-CEOs can't be that egotistical. They are DESTROYING this once great company. Thorten??? Seriously???? That's the best they can do? A guy who was in charge of product development and was a colossal failure at it. Can anyone say Playbook??

Watching and reading the bio of each RIM executive team member you get the sense that they people should be out crocheting - not running a global enterprise. Through out RIM's history, it has had some serious set backs, not least of which its infringement of patents. But I always had the sense that this is a company with such great products that no idiot CEO or a Board full sea-monkeys could do much to ruin it. I guess I was wrong. RIM is led by brain dead trolls who live in a box. Short the stock, buy some puts, and sell all your RIM holdings. The company sucks.

Thorten was born to be a dentist not a CEO. The guy literally looks like a dentist. Goodbye RIM! You can watch Apple's and Android's ass as they speed ahead of you.
    Jan 23, 2012. 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Mad At Amarin? [View article]
    I bought at $4 and continued to buy until about $8. I don't think its a good candidate for shorting. I see its 12 month high reaching about $15. If there was an earnest attempt at selling, it would reach at high as $40.
    Jan 16, 2012. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Mad At Amarin? [View article]
    At the very least, Amarin will get 8 years of exclusivity. So, that is an upside. However, if Amarin goes at it alone and receives only 8 years, there is no way in hell that it can extract the true value of AMR101. Can't do it - impossible!
    Jan 16, 2012. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment