Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Lululemon Vs. Under Armour: Which One Is On Sale? [View article]
    Haha I don't plan on it. But reading the conference call it looks like they are trying to develop products specifically to appeal to men. Under Armour is just really having trouble with its footwear and Nike looks determined to crush them. Lululemon doesn't have that type of competition yet
    Dec 18 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Vs. Under Armour: Which One Is On Sale? [View article]
    Lululemon has great margins, growth, and room for more growth. Under Armour has some trouble with margins and growth in their footwear. Lululemon is great until it stumbles. It's a growth stock so my point is ride the train until it shows signs of weakness. Under Armour is still a great growth company but it's not growing as fast as Lululemon.

For PEG I use forward earnings, so until they disappoint, I think they are a good buy. More risk? Sure. More return? Yep.
    Dec 17 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    Hey you too Seth. I really appreciate your comments and taking the time to read my article.
    Dec 17 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    The suite was actually settled. And while GAP is opening new stores, LULU makes their store openings an event. While there may be a ceiling, I don't think LULU will hit it in 2013. I see those type of ceilings being a factor of 2 things, brand loyalty and margins. If customers start seeing Athletica as a real alternative and LULU starts to lose its faithful, there's a problem. And if margins begin to weaken due to trying to keep prices competitive, there's a problem. I do not see evidence of that yet, but it is something to keep an eye on.
    Dec 17 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    Well I look at the suite Lululemon won over Calvin Klein. This shows that Lululemon will protect the uniqueness of their products. I think Lululemon is just too popular for any real challenger to get to them in the coming year or two.
    Dec 17 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Starbucks Is Brewing For Investors [View article]
    Hey thanks for the perspective and the comment. I believe expanding in those markets is why they acquired Teavana, but what you brought up will probably be a challenge they'll have to deal with. I guess that's part of the risk that has to be monitored. Thanks!
    Dec 10 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Well the key is that PayPal is not reliant on eBay anymore. It is being used outside the realm of just ebay customers
    Dec 3 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    I believe they are well positioned due to two things:
    1. They have a lot of members on both the consumer and the retail side. It's been a convenient option for start ups and for young people who want something that functions like a bank without all the hassle.
    2. Smartphones are everywhere and the concept of using them to make and receive payments is growing as well. PayPal is already an established name with many consumers and retailers. If they expand to be the mobile payment processor of choice for retailers and continue to expand among consumers, it would be hard for a competitor to catch up. At 117 million active members, they already have a strong base to work from
    Dec 3 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    That's what I thought you meant. I would actually disagree that it will keep Dodd-Frank at bay. This administration is quite unpredictable when it comes to regulation except that they want more. But you may very well be right.
    Dec 2 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Are you saying this would keep the regulations in Dodd-Frank at bay? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from?
    Dec 2 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Hey thanks for reading and commenting. There is a lot of truth in what you said but I'm looking at it from the perspective of the growth in consumers using their smartphones to make purchases. If PayPal is innovative and takes advantage of its unique position, it could very well dominate the space. Like I wrote in the article, eBay has to see the synergies it's expecting to take over the mobile payments space.
    Dec 2 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    While I agree that a large competitor such as Visa could step in, it appears to me that large financial institutions are trying to wade through new regulations and seeing how they fit into their business model. This delay can help PayPal gain serious footing in mobile payments.

And online shopping is becoming even more popular along with small start ups that function completely online. PayPal is so easy to use for merchants that it could become the default choice for small companies who do not want to deal with big boys. As these companies grow, PayPal becomes a serious part of their ecosystem. Still, if PayPal can't innovate for these customers, they are dead in the water.
    Dec 2 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Currently eBay has a PE ratio of a little over 20x forward earnings and a PEG ratio of about 1.45. The reason I focused on PayPal on its own had a lot to do with the fact that we may see PayPal spun off depending on regulation. Also with a market that is volatile, I think a lot of stocks will be a whole lot cheaper soon. Sorry, I should have been more clear with why I approached this article the way I did.

I believe in great companies with great stories. eBay is an example of a company that has something great going for it that investors should consider if they see any weakness in the stock due to forces like the fiscal cliff.
    Dec 2 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cracks In The Great Economic Wall Of China [View article]
    You cannot seriously say that 180,000 protests every day show satisfaction with the course China is on. Their Keynesian economic policy coupled with their authoritarian capitalism is unsustainable.
    Nov 29 04:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cracks In The Great Economic Wall Of China [View article]
    Hey thanks for reading. And I agree they had to reform. Deng was instrumental in making great changes. My view, however, is that the most recent Chinese leadership is not continuing those reforms. By not allowing their economy more freedom they risk alienating their citizens and creating economic turmoil in the mold of other Asian nations during the turn of the century.
    Nov 27 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment