Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Hussman: QE Is Funding the U.S. Deficit [View article]
    Hey great article. I must however disagree, we cannot ignore the fundamental principle of supply and demand. Yes, the government can print all the money it wants but when there is excess supply in the currency market than the value is going to decrease causing inflation. I personally am very fearful of inflation and we are already seeing it in our grocery bills. The only reason the stats don't bear this out is because the equation to calculate inflation is changed all the time. QE will not have the intended affect it was supposed to have. With so much uncertainty in the economy, investors will not put their money out into the U.S. economy. All it will do is drive capital AWAY from U.S. markets and into places where regulation is more certain and they can get a return on investment.
    Feb 28 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Outperform the Smart Phone Index [View article]
    Hey great article. And you're right, if you want to make money in this trend you have to look at infrastructure as well. I wrote about this in my instablog as well. The consumer side is profitable but there is just way too much upside in the companies that are behind the scenes.
    Feb 28 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are We Getting Ready for Dot Com Crash 2.0? [View article]
    I do not think we are in a dot com bubble. I believe we are actually at the beginning of a mobile internet boom and Wall Street is trying to figure out the most profitable way to play it.
    Jan 27 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitive Landscape Changes for Baidu [View article]
    Awesome article. Thanks for the info. And I agree, Baidu(BIDU) has no need to pay a dividend
    Jan 20 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Internet TV War and Its Potential Casualties [View article]
    I'm really sorry to hear that my friend. And I can understand where your coming from but I know quite a few people who've canceled theirs. Haha I'm sure their family is not as grateful.
    Jan 16 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Ways the Verizon iPhone Will Change the Mobile Landscape [View article]
    Yeah I couldn't agree more. All cell phone carriers are going to have drastically increase capacity. Companies that make antennas for cell phone towers and those that help in the back end of creating more bandwidth are going to be the real winners. Especially as smart-phones become a commodity(thanks to Google(GOOG)), more people adopt the iPhone and iPad(AAPL), and more tablets come out. That is the real story here.
    Jan 10 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Internet TV War and Its Potential Casualties [View article]
    Could it be that the slow down in revenue is due to the consumer tightening their belt? If I'm unemployed and treading water, streaming movies is the least of my concerns. So I would either switch to a cheaper plan or get rid of it.

Also Netflix(NFLX) is going to lose customers to Apple(AAPL) and Cisco(CSCO) as people who can afford to upgrade will want a more sophisticated form of getting streaming movies and tv shows. Just some thoughts.
    Jan 7 01:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL) apps are being downloaded 2 to 3 times what's normal, indicating lots of iPhones and iPods moved this holiday season, notes TechCrunch. The Facebook for iPhone app alone added 1.6M users in the 3 days around Christmas. Apple closed at +0.3%.  [View news story]
    I believe it. My little sister got an iPod touch and was downloading apps that day
    Dec 27 04:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 for 1 Special: Wal-Mart and Best Buy [View article]
    Great analysis. Thanks for fighting through those crowds this season to bring us that information haha.Walmart(WMT) and Best Buy(BBY) are both being hit hard by a rough economy and retailers trying to have more competitive prices and promotions. These two are no longer the go to place for consumers as the average consumer tries to save as much as possible shopping around. Another thing that hurts is that people are not feeling as confident and arent splurging on those big ticket items like TVs.
    Dec 15 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter's U.S. Growth Is Stalling [View article]
    Great article. Twitter is a cool concept that no one really knows what to do with. There's no real way to make money directly from it. That is going to be a huge hurdle to its growth.
    Dec 15 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Present and the Future: RIM and the Case for 'Platform Collapse' [View article]
    Blackberry(RIMM) is in some serious trouble. My call is that it will be bought in the next 2-3 years.(I know it's kinda gutsy to make a prediction like that) iPhone(AAPL) and Android(GOOG) are running and Blackberry is walking. If they don't start innovating they will go the way of Palm just like jmmx said.
    Dec 13 11:02 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • December's Lean Days? [View article]
    Great article. Does anyone else think that uncertainty on taxes will hurt the market? I don't know if there will be a huge sell off but I think we will see some affect.
    Dec 6 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coinstar Proves Netflix Is Not the Only Game in Town [View article]
    Netflix(NFLX) is dominating the space because it doesn't have Blockbuster as competition. Coinstar(CSTR) will compete but it won't give Netflix a real run for its money. With people moving toward internet tvs and more family friendly game systems, the move of Netflix to deliver movies right to your internet connect device will make them a hard company to topple.
    Dec 6 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Aristocrat Pepsico Is a Better Investment Than a Money Market Account [View article]
    Wow awesome analysis. I'm currently looking at dividends for security and "passive" income. Definitely will be considering this in my decision.
    Nov 29 08:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tablet Wars Part 3: Is Wi-Fi Enough? [View article]
    I agree. The price point is so important. That's why a lot more customers didn't adopt the iPhone. The plan was just too high. I also think the price point will affect how quickly companies adopt tablets for their employees to use.
    Nov 29 08:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment