Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tablet Wars Part 3: Is Wi-Fi Enough? [View article]
    I agree. The price point is so important. That's why a lot more customers didn't adopt the iPhone. The plan was just too high. I also think the price point will affect how quickly companies adopt tablets for their employees to use.
    Nov 29, 2010. 08:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • iPad’s Challenge for Next Year [View article]
    The competition the iPad will receive next year will be good for the market but bad for Apple's(AAPL) market share. I personally use an Android phone from Google(GOOG) and I'd rather have a tablet that is compatible with my phone and my PC. That could be the big problem the iPad will face once the competition comes to the market.
    Nov 22, 2010. 09:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks Poised to Benefit as Investors Pile Into the Market [View article]
    Wow great article. And thanks for the link to track sentiment. Awesome stuff. I would also look for mutual funds that are performing well and those mutual funds top holdings. As people put more money into those mutual funds, those mutual funds will buy more of their top holdings which can send those stocks higher. Great strategy from Jim Cramer's book "Getting Back to Even" as well.
    Nov 22, 2010. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Gold Standard Is No Silver Bullet [View article]
    The Gold for sure. It would at least be a great insurance plan just in case inflation hits harder than we think.
    Nov 22, 2010. 09:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tale of Two Dells: Enterprise Strong, Consumer Demand Weak [View article]
    Great article. The two Dells(DELL) is based on what made Dell a big company in the first place. Their products are produced using cheap material to keep costs down. This great for companies who want to upgrade their systems without paying a lot for the equipment. But for consumers, this is not what we are looking for. Dells are considered "plastic computers". This means that their quality is sub par. And it really is. So if Dell continues to focus on corporate customers they will continue to see success.
    Nov 19, 2010. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Twice as Hot as Apple This Year [View article]
    Netflix(NFLX) is working a market that really has no competition on their level. Redbox is making moves but Netflix still dominates the space. Apple(AAPL) on the other hand is working in a crowded space. Don't get me wrong, Apple has amazing innovative products but they have a lot of competition. Even the iPad will see a lot of competition next year as competing "Pads" will start hitting the market. The bottom line? Netflix is in a better market and therefore doing better than Apple.
    Nov 19, 2010. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Gold Standard Is No Silver Bullet [View article]
    Hey thanks for the article and the comments. I'm personally a Friedman fan. I'm not completely sold on the gold standard but I am convinced the Fed and government officials should not be given the power to make decisions on their own.

I think we need to get some honest, neutral brokers who know and respect history to put their minds together and find a happy medium. If our founders could put their heads together and come up with a world changing document that's principles still stand the test of time then certainly we can fix this monetary dilemma. We just need to not come with our biases and look at what really works.
    Nov 15, 2010. 12:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Energy Rally: More Than Just Crude Oil [View article]
    Hey thanks. I really enjoyed the article. I believe part of the move in crude has to do with inflation fears here in the U.S.
    Nov 15, 2010. 12:43 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Android Share Jumps, Now Second Most Popular OS Worldwide [View article]
    Hey Apple(AAPL) is the BMW or Mercedes of smart-phones . Everyone wants one but not everyone can afford one. Also the iOS is not available to every phone developer. There are going to be more Android phones because it is the closest thing to Apple's operating system that phone developers like Motorola can get. It just makes sense.
    Nov 11, 2010. 04:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Good Entry Coming for Natural Gas Plays [View article]
    Natural Gas is the future. I just hope it's in our lifetime. And with that I say start making positions to INVEST for the future. Be patient and get money
    Nov 11, 2010. 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Corporate America Remains Strong [View article]
    Great article as always. Earnings are strong for a lot of the reasons that have been stated above. You have a week dollar which helps companies that do business overseas. I'm sure there are analysts who have kind of kept the bar low. I am always hesitant to say the game is rigged because heck those are people doing their jobs but I'm not naive so I'm sure it happens. The bulk in my opinion has been cost cutting. Companies are doing more with less and focusing their efforts on the parts of their businesses that make them the most money (the old 80/20 rule). I'm also sure that as inflation ticks up we will see companies shed their debt as well.
    Nov 11, 2010. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How QE2 Is Hurting Starbucks [View article]
    Great article! And I agree about the ponzi scheme and it's what the government has been doing for a long time. Heck, look at Social Security! We are headed for tough times my friends, tough times.
    Nov 5, 2010. 03:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Tower Tops 3Q Estimates and Raises Outlook [View article]
    Haha dang I almost pulled the trigger on this one. Hahaha ah well, no regrets. Maybe it'll be a great addition to my investment portfolio and not just a good trade.
    Nov 5, 2010. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America's Failing Monetary Policy [View article]
    Thanks for the article and I'm loving the comments. QE 2 is theft plain and simple. They are punishing responsible people, small business, and conservative companies in the name of big corporations. This really is Cronie Capitalism at its finest. I just hope and pray enough Americans are preparing themselves so that can help their friend and neighbors weather the storm until our leaders are voted out and we replace them with people who have some sense and will appoint people with sense as well.
    Nov 5, 2010. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Set to Ride 4G Wave [View article]
    Hey great article and that was a great conference call. The new smart phones and tablets are the wave of the future and I believe any company involved with that is going to be profitable if they do it right. I've looked at Qualcomm(QCOM) for awhile now. Just never set aside the capital to pull the trigger. Thanks again for the article.
    Nov 5, 2010. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment